Daily quest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Regulate, May 5, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Add revenue can get tricky because a lot of it is click through links which may not be the greatest for when loading into a match.
    We are working with a lot of ideas, but everything takes time to implement. The revamp is our fist priority because we need to get things in some sort of equilibrium first. Also another point, Hearthstone does not have trading where Pox Nora does which also affects how players can get runes. There is no simple solution all I can say is to hang in there. We are working as fast as 4 people can to get Pox up to snuff.

BansheeX, oTruffles and Boozha like this.
  2. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Some ideas:

- Single core runes. Core is going to be the least valuable rune set, but runes are great for new players and shards for older players. I'm sure a game-time based system could award these runes without a large effect on income.

- Create a better system to track active gameplay. AP spent, units moved, turn ending time, spells cast, damage done, font captured/contested. Make it easier for yourselves to judge how much a game is actually being played.

- As stated, daily quests. Maybe even a weekly quest to complete all 7 dailies. A good mix of short and long term incentive.

- Rework the Drums of War to something more interactive. Noooo idea what tho.

- Non-rune/gold rewards. Again, thinking taunts, font skins, titles, "lesser" tourney tickets, etc.

- Let those "lesser" tickets be used for 3-a-day automated tourneys that award a little extra gold and runes based on placement.

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the simple solution is to remove trading. but I understand that the handful of whales who have held this game hostage for the past few years wont allow it.

oTruffles likes this.
  4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I like trading, and I'm hardly a whale. I just like being able to get rid of my stuff, exchanging with friends, things like that.

5. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Got to say, I really do hate how much trading limits this game. It seems to just be the focal point of every issue the game has in terms of the f2p model.

Without trading having farming accounts would be pointless and gold accrual rates could be better controlled by DOG and runes could be given more freely without a worry for their "value".

But I also think a lot of current players really like the trading aspect. It also makes release day runes easier to obtain and the "value" of lesser runes makes them extremely accessible via Poxbox for new players. You know, if you can convince new players that a third party trading site isn't a scam.

God knows why we don't just have this trading on the official site if we're having trading.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    oTruffles likes this.
  6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It isn't the whales that are keeping trading in the game. Removing such a system would allow us to adjust rune crafting values more, but there are a lot of players who like the trading feature too. Generally its never a good thing to remove features from the game, but when we have more time down the road we may work on making improvements so trading becomes less of a requirement to get the runes you want.

Boozha likes this.