Dark Rite

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Boozha, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Anyone having any really good ideas on how to make it work somewhat non-terribly? I' trying around with Grim Harvest and such, but you kinda need stalling potential ...

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What on earth is Dark Rite? Not finding it anywhere in the database or the checklist. Do you mean Foul Rite? Do you mean Darkweave? What is this thing, and how does it interact with Grim Harvest?

3. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

I'm assuming Foul Rite with the Grim Harvest mention. Moving your 'Yard skeles around so you can hit max Harvests, but it's much too slow from what I've found, even if you've dropped both 'yards next to each other to double the globe counts hitting the board

4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

ok so essence devourers + 2 graveyards to produce more than you eat.
    then when u ready do dah spell o doom.
    #true story

5. Boozha

Foul Rite, dammit, I'm doing it every time

Also checking on the wrong rune page and such because I always remember the name as Dark Rite, not Foul Rite ...

IMAGIRL and Leadrz like this.
  6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

INB4 nickname now Dark Boozha

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ok, in that case, yes Foul Rite decks are out there and functional, but I don't think Grim Harvest is the way to go; just run Elsarin Reaper with Dead Eater.

8. Boozha

Tried that, but the skeletons are so far away from the front line that either he fights and doesn't eat the globes or eats the globes and doesn't fight, which kinda sucks

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just carefully manage your Graveyard placement, or micro the skeletons up to a reasonable spot prior to popping Rite. It's really not that bad -- incredibly similar to using Anthropomancer with Essence Devourer, and that's a mainstay of the decks I'm running. You can certainly pull it off in Witches.

10. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

11. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

If you're playing for the slow game (Which Foul Rite pretty well is), you can always add a Death Harvester. Nora gen while 'yard skeletons are popping, and with dead eater, or can drop him after the first Rite, and he should be 'free' and off cooldown somewhere around the next time you want to Rite again

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If your deck goes for big resources and late-game stuff, don't include more of that -- shore up the early game, unless you really need to go bigger than other decks. Foul Rite already has probably the strongest long-term prospects for literally any deck out there right now aside from a couple super-champ setups, so including something like Death Harvester will just consume deck space and potentially lead to unwise plays. You want Humans out, and a bunch of Undead out, and then to jam Foul Rite. Everything should contribute to making that gameplan work, either by shoring up weaknesses or by ensuring that it goes off. Bird is pure win-more.

13. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

sometimes it works. sometimes i feel like i should just be using straight witches and cursing everything in sight.

14. Boozha

What do you think about Polluted Martyrs? Been including them to get some early meat walls for cheaps, and if you Foul Rite when they are close to running out you don't lose much.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Uh, sounds potentially ok. I think the resource balance for Foul Rite is close enough though that you really would just rather deploy a ~70 nora witch than a Martyr. You want Witches out, and you want Graveyards churning, and that gets you your win. If Martyr fills a hole for your deck though, that's a help. I'd consider a Fallen Hero potentially better, though.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

:)