Detect, Shattered Summoned, Ice Amp and Shatter Options.

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Braxzee, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

ST really needs a diversification in this. When I saw Dawn of the Mist I was like woohoo Ice amp or shatter. No. Then maybe the new ferren had it?, Nope, not even pilfer what makes sense for a Ferret-Rogue.

Jakei need Shatter and Ice amp.
    Ferren need Detect and Pilfer (This fits)
    Elementals need Shatter (freeze shatter), Shatter Summons and Ice amp and maybe another detect option.
    Beasts need shattered summon. Strig Warlock would be a good option now that it is a beast.
    Yeti are pretty squared away as well.
    Lonx are pretty squared away, other than they are just missing something. Shatter Summon not really needed.

New relic that shatters summons or causes dmg to them as they approach.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

For years this was true , specially for Shatter options. But not now.

I disagree that ST is lacking options or that every theme needs hard counters on a rune that already synergies with it.

Keep in mind that Shatter is not as detrimental as it used to be, the game moves around resources manager more than hard deploys, with a few exceptions.

Detection is not the only way of knowing where a stealthed unit is. We got almost every Yeti with Abominable, and a couple of guys with Orb of Frostfall which is wider the Detection, and more helpful in every situation.

Shattered Summon is one ability that you won't see spread much since it's a terrible designed hard counter, which Sokolov managed to nerf decently. He publicy said he don't want the game to need another mechanic that all decks need a counter to, so every time a Summon is being seen as too powerful, he preffers to tone down the summon rather than provide everyone with counters to it. You can even expect Shattered Summon to dissapear overtime, or at least become a rare ability.

Also don't count on building Beasts around Strigs since them probably become Birds at some point, Sok is working around it so Beasts has a separate role than the big Owls, and I agree.

I can't tell much about Yetis, other than they don't lack the options you are asking for. Maybe them are not as strong for other reasons, but dunno since I don't like their racial and don't play them since a long time.

About Lonx, them got changed so much the past updates that I don't know how good they are, I guess they are still to be looked at (since not much people play this game so Devs doesn't know what's is wrong with big changes, other than whoever is up there is saying).

What am I trying to say is you are looking Pox in the wrong way, as much everyone of us did in the past when things where detrimental and needed hard counters. I believe and other do so that now the game is not in such place and other than by the nature of Pox the game will never be balanced or even, it is not in a bad shape, which a few exceptions that comes up overtime and get nerfed.

DrakeArron likes this.
  3. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Ah, another "my faction is horrible and needs to be buffed" thread. By my count thats 5 in the time of one month. *five*. At this rate the only faction that won't need to be buffed by the end of the year will have to be a completely new one created from scratch.

4. Braxzee

I really disagree with Shattered summons being phased out. In matter of 6 turns you have Arroyos all over the place with no way to even throw a AOE spell at them due to DMZ is such a big area that goes up so fast to counter 7 dmg x 6 little guys plus engagement. There is no way to keep nerfing summons until they just do not exist anymore. FW is just going to sacrifice them anyways for some glorious effect. All ready you can see how powerful summon champs are to boosting primary champs due to no fear of them being wiped out with a hard counter.

With Ferrens to much of a nerf to use a slot just to have detect and or shatter. I think Ferren Focus should change into Ferren Logistics. 1 champ gets you swap, 2 x champ gets you hidden arctic, 3 x champ get s you portal watcher. Something to that effect

The whole point is the options allows for more creativity and alleviates boredom of having the same champs to do the same utility functions. With out it you loose and with it you limit or nerf a theme by omission.

5. Braxzee

No one is talking about buffing or saying it is horrible. It is more about alleviating boredom of the same champs or relics you have to have in order to compete.

6. DrakeArron

Your asking for new, better abilities on pretty much every single race that ST has. Yeah, thats called buffing.

Besides, lets assume your right. I'll modify my statement-
    Ah, another "I hate my faction because "x" and it needs this long list of changes to be better, more so than any other faction" thread. By my count thats 5 in the time of one month. *five*. At this rate the only faction that won't need to be changed by the end of the year will have to be a completely new one created from scratch.

Does that really sound much better?

7. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

The one thing I wouldn't mind would be amp ice on some newer champs

8. Braxzee

Better abilities would be needs more dmg more health higher defense. These are lateral changes or equal so you do not have to use the same champ from years ago over and over again. Otherwise you have new champs created and you have no need to buy them for you can not run a theme the right way due to you have to have the same basic champs or relic or spell from 5 years ago

9. DrakeArron

Still doesn't change my point. People have asked for five different factions to be changed in extreme levels at this point. Thats over half the factions in the game. What makes you think your right and the other four factions are wrong? Or do you really think all five factions need that much of a change?

Now, if other people were agreeing with you, sure. But they aren'-t your the only person on the forum who thinks this- perhaps if you tried you could find one or two more. In my mind, that makes you no different then all of the other people complaining about their factions.

Of course, there is an alternative option, if you don't want to be silent about changing the faction. You could, instead, study all 8 factions, and then come up with a list similar to the one you've made here for every single one. If you did that, and they were all equal, *then* I would believe you.
    Either that, or if you were asking about changing/buffing a faction you don't play at all.

Right now though? Nothing sets you aside from the tons of other people who want changes to the faction they play.

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

This is a thread on a specific faction forum, you are complety out of place with this.

As I said, the devs will tone down summons rather than spread counters to them, so you are not in tone. They need feedback like why a specific summon is hard to deal with, not what will be a good to have in case a summon like that appears.

There is a point where we players must adjust our desires to the pace of the game development, no matter how much we want a thing. Of course if you are not feeling like to, you can start a thread in General Forums to complain and look for attention, and they might change directions based on your feedback, if others back you up.

11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You don't like the current Amp units we have?

12. DrakeArron

Yes, and so where the other 4. That doesn't make it not true. This is as much a request for changes as it would be in general.

13. DrakeArron

This is basicly a lighter version of what I'm saying. I'm saying just complaining every time you encounter something you don't like isn't helpful- actually look to see if others are with you, first. Examine the problem.

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

What he is doing is exactly that, because he isn't openly complaining, he is doing so on a specific faction forum where these kind of discussions can be solved without calling everyone.

I don't mean you cannot post here, just saying he is on his total right to complain about anything here.

15. DrakeArron

Well, no, not really.
    Doing that would be making this same thread in the general forum- so that he gets unbiased voices opinions (that is, those who don't play his faction heavily), and he would also not say it so matter- of- factly. Looking to see whether or not hes correct would mean, well, asking if he is.
    Instead of asking about it, he's saying "this race *needs* this, and so does this one, and this one.." and so on. If he had asked at the end, then sure. But hes coming accross to me as believing hes right- period. No doubt, no asking for other opinions. When people try to show him hes incorrect, he says otherise, no matter the evidence. This doesn't look any different to all those threads saying their faction needs buffs/changes.

16. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Even if you are right about everything above, you are being aggresive where you don't have right to. I'm already telling him, in much more detail why he is not so right, and still you are bashing him for sharing his ideas here, and pretending he must be do so in General for whatever reason.

DrakeArron likes this.
  17. DrakeArron

If you think I'm being too aggressive, I probably am, so I apologize for that. I'm just *really* tired of seeing "my faction has a ton of problems" threads... I'm detached from it, keep in mind, as I don't really have a faction. So it annoys me more then most people (not to mention I'm an empathetic).

Goyo likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

By giving themes access to every single ability, you create boredom in that every single theme ends up being the same.

19. Braxzee

True to some extent. There are basic core abilities needed to play a different theme. Shatter and detect are by no means thematic in themselves. I am not asking ST to have life siphon or leech vitality or loss of life or leap or fire attacks or manic or healing or regeneration. That would be trying to make everything the same.

20. Braxzee

Yes I do like them minus Arctic Delegate unless it was part of her core ability. It is having other options so you are not using the same Champs to get Ice amp up there. It been Arcadon, yeti spirit, Lonx adept, and Jakei shaman Ice snap combo with the relic for a long time.