Discussion: Patch Notes: August 4th, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Aug 4, 2016.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

With The Silent Master ST Ferrens can reset pounce and Blood Rage so within ST Lonx Bonecharm can be quite powerful. Not to mention Splitting with FS and using Swift Current to relocate and generate AP among Monks.

2. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure that the developer of a game decides what the terms of that game mean....I mean, if "spot" was something used in other games as a term with a similar definition, then sure. But as far as I know it isn't. Therefore, it's the developers call as to what something means. What ever the players end up deciding is the players descision and consequence.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Well, no, if players are using a term in a specific way, and they use it consistently... I can't just say it doesn't mean what it means. I mean, I could, but there's no reason they have to listen.

Tweek516, Pattn199, Woffleet and 4 others like this.
  4. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

True, it's just, well, I feel like your opinion should hold higher water. IDK, maybe I'm wrong.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

In terms of designing Poxnora, yeah, I'd agree that Sok's opinion is worth a heck of a lot. But when it comes to language about Poxnora, that's some murkier water. Generally, yes, Sok can attempt to proscribe official terms and argue for them, but if other people use words or phrases differently there's not much to do about it. It's certainly useful for Sok to be clear about how he is using whatever words he's using, or anyone else for that matter -- communication needs precision and clarity -- but I don't think being a designer, in this particular respect, provides him with much moral authority.

6. Sokolov

Tho I think I am right in this case about how people use the term "Spot" as it relates to mechanics/effects.

Tweek516, Qucas, Pattn199 and 2 others like this.
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Am I wrong in thinking that "Spot" is just a shortened version of the phrase "on the spot" which is used to mean something with immediate effect?

Tweek516, 4NIK8, poinl and 6 others like this.
  8. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

No.

Qucas, aseryen and SPiEkY like this.
  9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Thank you for the Goblin Bomb buff!!!

Qucas, DrakeArron and SPiEkY like this.
  10. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Since I have you all here...does The Collective's effect reset if another Collective is deployed?

example: Deploy Collective, deploy unit with Race: X, later deploy a new Collective relic, followed by another unit with Race: X.

I know it does not stack if two units with the same race are deployed, however does the new collective act as a new counter with a clean slate for all races or does it read from the currently deployed Collective?

Qucas and DrakeArron like this.
  11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

While I can call things whatever I wish this semantic part of the debate is quite irrelevant anyweay, isn't it.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

screwed? they just made it so it doesnt trigger on enemy relics and equips now lol

13. Sokolov

No. The change was that the deployed Relic/Equipment needs to be within 5 spaces of the Ingenuity champion to trigger. Which it generally was anyway. It just means deploying banner behind your shrine won't trigger it now, or if you deploy a banner at a side font.

14. Boozha

The "generally was anyway"-part is debatable ... It certainly is a considerable nerf that forces salaman to clump up even more.

15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Like many other themes already need to clump up.

16. Boozha

Salaman are notorious for their vulnerability to AoEs.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

But they have Weaken Spells now...

18. Boozha

True that, not used to that yet.

19. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero The King of Potatoes

Can we do any better on ferren master's upgrades? These options, just feel extremely lack luster.

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The new xulos Limited looks Firking glorious with that royal purple colour @Sokolov congratulate whoever did that