Expo 29 Meta-check

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kalasle, Jul 28, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This thread is for people across all factions to post somewhere from 1-3 decks that they are running at the moment, and which they consider to be competitive.

This thread, which may become a regular thing after expansions and major patches, is here for two reasons: first, to give new players a wide range real of decks side-by-side; second, to give all players a more precise and realistic (although less comprehensive) meta report compared with the kind of data Sok might put out. Ideally, this would provide a semi-representative pool of decks as both a reference for what people are playing, as well as a venue for discussion about those decks' relative strength.

Here are three I'm currently running, the third is experimental:

FW from @kalasle

upload_2016-7-28_14-18-55.png
    [​IMG]

IS from @Markoth

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IS and ST from @Cydna

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ST from @Phynixe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UD from @MogaBait

[​IMG]

KF from @Xirone

[​IMG]

SL from @BurnPyro

[​IMG]

KF/SL from @davre

[​IMG]

UD from @xaznsoulx

[​IMG]

KF from @Karmavore

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ST from @GemmaXylia

[​IMG]

Interested to see what's coming out of other factions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Anima26, Gnomes and DrakeArron like this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Netdeckers suck and should burn in a fire.

Ballballer likes this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think seeing real, comparable information about the meta-gaming is important.

Anima26, Tweek516, DrakeArron and 2 others like this.
  4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Of course it is.
    This is much better though:
    1) Start the client;
    2) Log in;
    3) Observe a match.

Sorry, though, I wont come here anymore. Im in an annoying mood today.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You have been a bit, but thanks for recognizing it.

That doesn't give a complete picture of a deck, and is incredibly time consuming. Like, data collection, databases, and science itself exist because it's absurd to assume that every person can gather all of their own empirical information and then form an accurate, complete judgement. I think it's reasonable to make a public venue for sharing information.

DonK101st likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The numbers I am curious about but havn't had time to sit down and crunch is the new 'ideal' number of champions in a deck. It used to be 16-18 to make sure you draw a champion on your first draw but with the new 8 rune first turn + mulligan that should change.

8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

What is the ideal number of champions in your pool?

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Depends on the size of the pool and the ratio of hot girls per guy you want to achieve during your pool party

obviously

Etherielin, aseryen, Tweek516 and 8 others like this.
  10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2016-7-28_17-1-52.png
    they are going to look something like this for a little bit. we, at least us noobs will do stuff stuff like this. really want to use Ironfist Standardbearer 2x dude is op.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

upload_2016-7-28_14-39-26.png
    Doing solid with this

kalasle likes this.
  12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not using Commander Nisk. Deck sucks.

I suck.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He's the first rune ^.^

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have amended my post.

15. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

You should be more careful, that mistake could cost you the game one day.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What's the rational behind the Reaver/Vial decision? It looks like both IS decks are fielding roughly equal melee and ranged, with maybe half as many support -- is that how you guys would characterize your lineups?

@OriginalG1 how has IS/UD been playing out for you? Much success?

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I run Reaver for spot Branded and Defiled. Both are less important to constructs which is why he likely went with Vial. Its cheaper and Blessed is better on tanky structs.

Cydna and kalasle like this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This makes good sense. It looks like you both stick to 1-2 pieces of spot Cleanse, and that's about it. Do you have an answer to back-to-back CC, or does that only rarely come up?

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I dont really have an answer to it though with dwarves I can get really complicated and disarm and use Carouse to create more St. semmirs. With Pallys I can use Cleansing Flame as an emergency backup.

I cant speak for Cydna but if he has Silverclan Tinkerer out he can disarm the vial and use Craft to bring it off CD.

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

BG is just for kicks, any good play can trash it I am sure.

I have not played ranked yet, I have only done tests with this bg. The Paingle+ Avarice is a solid combo, she can usually handle whatever on her own, once that is set up. Reticulated Splinehawk, Paingle both have hunter walker.

Ironfist Standardbearer is cool, I usually have him hanging out by deployment zones invigorating everyone that comes through, but he grants impervious to blink returns too.

Provision offense and scrapper on jyx.

The main focus, for me, is getting 9 speed flying vothsairs out. pretty cool, easy set-up as Angle can stall while you get the combo out. (Reticulated Splinehawk+ Vothsair+ medal of Valor)

Low-HP unit, +pitdragon and blood exchange is solid combo. Pit dragon will fully heal them, then pit dragon is kicking butt because of the low hp.

Nora gen is necessary.

The big weakness is probably not have signal target spell counters. If you just want to beat the mess out champs with super vothsair though, the bg is fun.