Fae/Garu/Cens

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

WOAHHHH!!!! WAITT!!!! I love crytals on fae enchantress... It has won me many many many games!!! This is one of the one things I love with Fae is the ability to pacify an enemy and then disengage... for me it is the one thing that actually allows my fae to compete against melee champs. Her and the wisp with facinate work so well together as a combo! I realllllly don't want to see deploy lost from her I agree with the move of foment, but maybe to something a little more robust than enchantress.

Fragile Flight concerns me alot! We already have the issue of struggling with melee, now you want to add even more struggle when you fall a little low on health? Especially after removing the crystals to help prevent engagement! I would hate to see my fae get hit by 2 AOE like NW or TC or Stellar and be suddenly non flying and even weaker to melee. I think that yes it gives cheaper flight but does it really need to give such hard nerfs when falling below what is for a lot of champs not even 50% health.

I'd leave it as:

Nimble Wings (nora cost 0) - This champion has Flying. When this champion falls below 20% Hp it loses Flying This way its a percentage of the HP NOT a base amount. It gets a debuff for falling below 20% which would warrent the cost decrease for flying. They wouldn't gain a racial ability as such as this ability could be used on multiple factions and I know how much alot of us HATE a racial ability as for some it provides unecessary costs.

I would however like to see the Fae oracle keep sentry as I think this fits with her spell theme alot better.

I like alot of the Fae as they are, just the costing. I think if they were to get the nora reduction from this new flight then they would be much more cost effective without having to tamper too much.

Yes warden could warrent maybe something to make her a bit more of a fighter/frontline fae. I think she worked well with Dissipate and bigger damage as this encouraged the melee in her which worked great with Deflect.

Rascal Fairy could do with losing the multiple initiatives just give it ini 1 on base? and some new upgrades. The suggestion of mark and shadow shift both seemed excellent ideas.

And with the cost reduction to fairy dust and flying for fae enchantress she would be much more cost effective without having to move her abilities.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    DarkJello likes this.
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Yes, I am, Jello. ^^'

I'm curious about the changes to Boa, although not entirely sure about scale armour.

3. Celestus

Also I have to just add, fae are not that squishy once you get going... Throw on a crown of petals and boom 6hp to all around you +5hp for banner, +7hp for foment thats +18hp. I also run fan faire so another 7HP which makes it +25 hp. Annnnnd to top it all off, running it with oracles is the best cause thats another +4hp so overall I can easily add 29hp to an oracle if I wanted to... :D

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Well any smart player can tell Fae are a set up, don't let them set up, GG.

5. Celestus

Exactly :) And its all about the rush at the minute

6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

--Crown of Petals, 30 nora, friendly fairies must stay within 3 spaces to get benefit.
    --Every BG can include a banner, thus not relevant.
    --Only 1 fairy has Foment--1 other KF champ has Foment--so you gots to draw it, play it, and then keep it alive.
    --Fae Oracles are very hard to get, not an inexpensive champ to play, and take time to make powerful.
    --As you aptly noted, rush is king of the hill in most games.
    --Fae are not terrible, they just have more weaknesses than most BGs.

If one desires a great challenge, they are 1 of the ways to go. Good conversation, meant in spirit of dope KF weed! ;)

Edit:

Maybe the best way to balance Fae is NOT to change any of the stats or nora costs, but rather improve some of their abilities. Make Regal Presence range 4, instead of 3. Improve that fairy dust ability from range 3 to range 4 and/or decrease cooldown by 1. A few bumps in efficiency upwards, and then evaluate. Let us be honest, if DoGz gives fairies a big bump people will go even more apeshiz crazy than normal against KF. (Huge recent nerfs to trees and some peeps are still whining and moaning like spoiled toddlers in a candy store. Let us join hands around an ancient tree and send out psychic messages of hope and love to their troubled hearts).

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  7. Celestus

Ok I guess as I have been here a long time I have accumulated alot of rare and now expensive runes so for me its not difficult to get them looking really powerful. I guess without my oracles I'd be feeling the hardship alot more.

I genuinely do think that if we were to just strip down the cost of flight on alot of these units then it would make them efficient or there nora and the stats and abilities wouldn't need to have reworks and tweaks etc. The only problem atm is that you can't build them up quick enough because of the nora so you stand no chance against a rush or a map with 3 fonts because there is no way that a fae can take on 1 on 1 unless it has been really boosted but that taks time

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Well after playing them for a while, and of course dropping rank. The games I had won, something odd happened. I snowballed my opponent.. I was able to reach +30hp globally on +3-4 champions, and of course this took some considerable set up VIA; Fan Faire/Forment/Chained Fae/Banner/Regal Presence/ +7+7+5+5+6/ Which is pretty laughable. That's the same level of boost Treefolk can achieve. Except treefolk have melee and synergetic features.

Where everything just clicks and falls into place for treefolk. They have the advantage of pretty much every unit being playable and having some sort of defined role/synergy. A pure Fae BG has units with defined roles.. But none of them really work together, it's like having a team of really skilled players, but their egos just get in the way... Another huge issue, besides not having synergy is the lack of melee, or pseudo melee. All but one champion in Fae are ranged.

So hopefully when these changes go through, we'll be able to increase the rate of deploy/melee issues fae have. Which would put them in a very good position at being a playable theme. Decreasing cost globally (-5n) will go a long way, with some re-arranging of abilities of course. I hope this patch goes well and people on both sides can feel good about something.. Cause lately this games be super depressing.

Cheers.

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Well, you know buffing KF isn't going to go over very well with certain vocal forum dwellers. You may just have to ignore the forums for a day or two. :)

10. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

...month or two.

Fixed that for you sir.

Etherielin and Karmavore like this.
  11. Celestus

Its not KF thats the issue, its that currently all the top players and players who want to be on top are playing what is broken and abusable, right now its KF trees, when that gets nerfed they will just move onto ST beasts. I've seen it happen so many times. From FW Lich Kings to IS everything. Once Trees are no longer recogniseable as a theme and again shoeboxed KF will settle back down and the next faction with OP abuseable Bane Shift will take the abuse.

DarkJello likes this.
  12. Xirone

And then the charming "never forget" posts.

13. Xirone

That's the way it goes. Abuse it until it gets adjusted (or over adjusted) and then move on. I do fully expect ST Beasts or FW Zombie s to be the next flavor of the month.

14. Celestus

Exactly I mean how long have we been around now? No one would believe me if I said JFQ and Crown of Kthir used to be the most OP things in the game

15. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

LIES I SAY!

16. Celestus

Oh and as for galeforce combos -,- Theres a reason if you now have AP you can't be cliff dived haha

17. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

You will be dead by yesterday. Calling Serkan.

KF OP, Never Forget 2015

18. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Karmavore, I'd like you to make a single change in your Fae BG: Exclude Fan Faire out of it. Why? Well, it was a limited SOE spell that isn't obtainable so an average Fae BG-creating user will never be able to include it.

Just asking as I'm curious about how it affects the BG as a whole. I do have Fan Faire as I was lucky enough to get it, but there may be people, who don't.

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

True enough, but the spell is insanely efficient and increases my champions viability on the field. I don't think there was a time where I wasnt running Fan Faire.. It's litrally in every one of my BG's.

20. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

GIMMIE UR FAN FAIR :( I remember a day when i saw a 6k fan fair on poxbox, but alas someone got it before me.. i feel sad for the idiot who put it in for 6k