Fae/Garu/Cens

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

IMO disclaimers are great for not making huge arguments! I'm glad we can dis-agree, sir. ;)

2. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I'm fairly certain you've already seen this, but here's my previous suggestion as requested:

Colossal Boa - [8 DMG | 5 SPD | 1-2 RNG | 1 DEF | 60 HP]
    Path 1 = Regeneration 2 | Resilient | Tough 2
    Path 2 = Cleave | Constriction | Mobility
    Base = Attack: Physical | Colossal | Consume | Lethargic
    (Default upgrades = Tough 2 + Constriction)

My proposed changes gives her a cost range of 65N - 67N - 70N (with Xirone's suggested cost of 7N for Fairy Dust) compared to her current 71N - 80N - 82N range:

Fae Enchantress - [6 DMG | 7 SPD | 4-5 RNG | 0 DEF | 32 HP]
    Path 1 = Flourish | Mindwipe Aura 2 | Soften
    Path 2 = Abash | Deflect: Magic | Evasive 3
    Base = Attack: Magical | Fairy Dust | Fragile Flight | Tempo
    (Default upgrades = Mindwipe Aura 2 + Evasive 3)

There's plenty of room for up to +7 HP without pushing her cost above 80N.

If Foment is an ability that Fairies want active in every match, it's not enough to just have one source. Additionally, whatever has Foment is 2x auto simply because it has it. There are enough Fairies (with plenty more in the suggestion forum) for several different takes on a Fairy BG. Spreading Foment about as an upgrade improves the flexibility of the theme while freeing up base slots for abilities that relate more directly to the role of each Fairy that would have had Foment on base.

Knowing that several global abilities similar Foment (Vitalize) have been given a max range, I'd like to future-proof Fairies with multiple forms of Foment (tank/ranged/support). If Foment is ever given a max range, having multiple Foment champs would instantly become ideal (mandatory if the current Fragile Flight goes live).

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

*Pondering, will reply tomorrow. Good stuff Entrepidus

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

The only constant in flavor is opinion, mainly Gedden's. Something could be said for every rune in this game based on Name/Art/Lore, something like
    "X should have Y ability based on the fact (<--- Perception/Opinion) that Z is in his art." For me it's just speculation of what the perceived rune should look like based on ones opinions. Which is the main reason I dis-believe that Name/Art/Lore can be added in from our points of view, unless Gedden proves otherwise. Adding things in like this for the sake or "Name/Art/Lore has endless variables, which further dilutes the consistency and likely-hood that something can actually be added in, again... Unless Gedden agrees.

^IMO

5. Entrepidus

Very casual bump :)

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Derp lol. I'm trying here lots going on atm.

Entrepidus likes this.
  7. Entrepidus

Completely understand. We have enough time that I figured I'd just remind you of it in case you forgot. Something something, life happens ;P

Karmavore likes this.
  8. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Any leaks you are able to mention about these guys?