Fun to play with, but not against

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by st3ck, Jul 1, 2014.

1. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Here I will list the things that I have been playing with, and sometimes against that are facerolling fun (OP) when you use them, and hair pullingly frustrating, when against.

EDIT: TLDR THEME - BOOST 3, GHOST, COLOSSAL, NORA/HP, BEAST, IMROVE:X

1. Colossal Boa - 66 Base HP, Colossal, Tough 3, Regen 2, Boostable, Commandable, Range Improvable, Improve Damagable. What does it look like? Well for me, it winds up as a 6 spd, 2 Defense, 82 HP, 1-3 Range 17 Damage, 83 nora Colossal Tough 3 unit with regen 2. Sometimes I put a Rejuv Ring on it for lolz.

2. Falconer - 20 Damage ranged attacks are definitely fun coming from sub 60 nora units, that are also boostable, commandable, etc etc.

3. Yeti Spirit - 50+ HP Ghost self ampable, sub 60 nora. If it's gonna keep ghost, butcher the HP and give it some kind of vuln/defenseless etc. Personally, I don't think it should keep ghost. Deploying 2 of these is usually enough to stall out an entire game, regardless of what else you deploy

4. Even Ancestor - Been talked about alot, but she is hyper effecient in both FF ST and FF KF. I liked strings suggestion Allykf/adaptive KF same upgrade. Maybe tweak stats/range/nora

5. Crowned Sauropod - Maybe just colossal in general is really strong. Especially on units that are boostable with over 60 base HP.

6. Spirit of the mountain - I've never actually had him die on me yet. Again, ghost, lots of HP, boostable, boosting, and Magnify beast adds alot of "my fawnt" to the equation

7. Bat Swarm - 60 nora sibling! Boostable! Love it, but it's too much, maybe ditch sibling altogether.

8. Moagz SLinger - Winds up at 4-8 range pretty often with 10+ damage and multi 1. For less than 50 nora. Seems legit.

9. MOagz Recruiter - Should not have surge 2, 30 damage swarming units is a no-no.

10. Moagz Mama - Gaurded probably isn't something Moagz should have access to with how efficient they are.

11. Moagz Chef - AoE Heal, Ranged AoE, sub 40 nora . .

12. Moagz Aviator - Flyinng range improving surge 2? 40 nora? Surge 1 maybe, and still more nora.

13. Looking for Work - With how the current moagz are, it makes htis spell really really good. Way to strong, but I feel after changing the moagz a bit, maybe this won't be as strong. But taking otu the summoned->spawned clause might be a good idea.

14. Whispers of the Mind - maybe +5 nora?

15. Snake Charmer - Far too efficient and liberal usage of Boost 3. More nora, or less boost

16. Vashal Druid - Boost 3, surge, boostable, I like him, but he should lose something, maybe see a small cost decrease. Too much of a beast enabler.

17. Nectar Fairy - Lol heal charged 2, and better yet, throwing a horn of order on her. Love invig on repeat. I would say ditch the whole charged mechanic thing on her, and just have lots of CC/Support options. Force Barrier/Abash/Cleanse etc

18. Ember Wasp - Far too cheap. Raise cost by 10-15.

19. Nefari Fireslinger - His upgrade patch feels weird, Flamestrike could probably go for something else entirely, like lavastorm, or amplify fire etc. But as an escalation unit, he is pretty borderline to me. But I like him so maybe I'm biased.

20. Kanen Scavenger - Better than any soul collection unit to date Way way to effective. If all he had was soul collection and dead eater, he would probably see a little play in kanens at 50 nora. But with attack physical, decent stats, disease aura, and forage . . . too much

21. Ruubgaal - AoE 8 stun with 1 CD is still too much. Even charged disease breath has a 2 turn CD.

22. Voil Guard -I usually see it 65/67 nora with 70+ HP and 17+ damage and all adjacent voil are immune to damage. This thing is so lol I probably should have put it much higher on the list. WAY WAY too efficient, lose some stuff, shave some stats, or significantly raise cost (into the 80s+)

So that is all I can think of right now, and quite frankly all I did was go through my BG's I've been using alot. As you can see there is a big theme of Beasts/elves etc. Beasts I think made out like bandits, very low cost, access to LOTS of Boost 3, and often with other ampable/boostable synergies. Like the case of C. Boa, Elf, Beast, Ranger, and insane HP/Nora Ratio.

I know alot of this has been said, but I'm fairly certain a lot of it has not. This is a subjective list from my personal experience, and anything not mentioned that should have is because my lack of exposure or experience with it. Anyone else agree/disagree with the list or have better suggestions/comments, please add them here.

Morfeas and Goyo like this.
  2. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Id rather ancestor lost phase shift. It's the ability that's allowing her to derp into a contested font and just ****** around until she snowballs. Magic damage is no counter early game coupled with kf or st spells. Seems every second game is running her which speaks volumes.

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Ghost probably needs an increase in nora cost TBH.

If you compare Yeti Spirit to Disturbed spirit something must be up there then just synergy abilities on the yeti and bagged abilities on the dSpirit.

FW would and has killed for cheap ghosting units.

4. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Lol how many of those runes are KF? You left out elven page and strat btw. Anyway I agree with pretty much everything here I lost to a yeti spirit the other day I had my firk and geekal chancing him around my fonts 2 of them was just gg.

5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Was just about to mention how over half the list was from SP...........

6. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I get the feeling that Surge 1/2 are massively undercosted right now.

It's like "Look, a lot of champions have about 9 damage now. Except this guy, he has 30, got ."

Surge 2 costs 6 more than Surge 1. So I assume Surge 1 is 6 nora and Surge 2 is 12 nora.

Just going to point out that Train Damage, is an ability that costs nora to add to a unit, costs 6 nora to use on top of that, and grants just +2 damage.

So lets assume Train Damage is overcosted. Maybe a point of extra damage requiring a champion in play costs 2 nora per damage. Not much.

So lets assume that an average amount of units in a BG where you use Surge is ~6.

6 x 2 = 12 nora, for Surge 1. (24 for Surge 2)

So the only assumption I can make is that the ability is currently costed at a 1:1 ratio of average damage increase to nora.

6 x 1 = 6 nora, for Surge 1. (12 for Surge 2)

In a game where 9 damage is close to the average, I don't think a 66% increase should only cost 6 nora.

Though some conditional abilities like Black Death cost close to the same and they seem fine. The issue is probably that you don't see Black Death rank 2 for 6 more nora handing out 100% extra damage.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Morfeas likes this.
  7. Fikule

I am also coming to have to agree that if a summon has more than 20-25hp, it has too much. Especially on the relics that fart out 3+ of them and can be placed behind the shrine :p

(Looking at you, Corpse Pile/Voil King's Crypt) Doesn't help that these two also swarm.

8. st3ck

So very true. I tried not to address non-champr unes as they haven't been revamped yet, but both of those relics poop out LOTS of meat. With sever summons being much harder to deploy, it just doesn't cut it anymore. Surge/Boost/Improve:x Are too abundant, and the units they can apply to are far too effeciient.

9. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Well its pretty much half and half

10. PRESIDENT

PRESIDENT Member

tag for good read later

11. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Good thread.

12. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Summons in general are a little nuts.
    Constructs have to much free meat (the free champs are as good as deploys any more)
    Groble strike force is over the top (small army of good champs cheap), Also should summons really be getting ranks of tough and access to boost just gets a little crazy.

Skelies are in this category as well, Access to alot of free meat, and its easily boosted. Before these champs did little effect to due to poor stats in comparison but they are now on par with real champs, and very very cheap.
    Personal gripe - Boneshredder, Bulwark skelie boast and scale armor make this thing unkillable. On top of that hes spawning free broken bones and boneshredders, I know hes 80 nora just seems to be to much.

Trees way to much free meat, but things like dryad with boost 2 around 50 nora are just nuts now.
    Kthun is super crazy now as well, very very cheap meat.

13. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Add groble rock eater, blink, catharsis bloom, tinkerer, engineer, corpse-a-pult, icecaster and frostfall icewisp to the list

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Morfeas likes this.
  14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Bubble mom, whats her name. That fat furry thing from ST

15. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

furbull mother

16. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

What i mainly just read.

We need LESS BOOSTING.
    units that only have lower tiers and no access to higher tiers or just put Boost:X (which i believe Beast and maybe skele are the most abused) on less units. 2 a faction maybe. And Boost should have higher cost.

17. st3ck

So I've recently discovered forest giant, fire giant, fire starter, and lava flow devourer, all also very efficient and fall into the main issues.

18. Fikule

Tbh I am more against Surging than boosting.

I'm messing with skeletons atm. Can get the Lerper to about 30 damage by turn 6-8. I imagine the Lich King is much worse.