Gargoyle Racial, lore and looking at some runes

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by aseryen, Sep 28, 2016.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Hopefully looking for some feedback which is why I'm spreading out these threads Gargoyles will be the main thread that will link to other relevant threads.

This thread will gather runes together that I think solidify Gargoyles in Poxnora already. All that really needs to be done is explaining how these runes progress the story of Gargoyles and how they interact with the runes being designed.

Existing Gargoyles:
    Whitestone Gargoyle
    Blackstone Gargoyle
    Bloodgoyle
    The Sanguine

Runes that exist to push Gargoyles as a theme:
    Euan- To further train and prepare Drakon, Rugolth sought knowledge to increase the power of the Constructs. He created a secret order to transcribe magics from across Poxanthuru into the new era of Constructs. Many of the new creations were left for Rugolth and Drakon alone to train against in what is referenced as 'The(Rugolth's) Training Room'
    Drakon- Gargoyles constructed under Rugolth's Order would have been for training purposes and secret weapons to defend the Stronghold. The catacombs underneath IS will serve as Drakons trial ground and The Training Room will be somewhere in ST or the Shattered Plains. Rugolth's Order was sent across Pox and created alliances/enemies within the factions. The powers being written down for the Dwarves and Alchemists to use are going to be the Gargoyle Racial.
    The Exile-Drakon would need further training and Rugolth's Order aligned themselves with a tribe of Hyaenids close under The Exiles wing. The SP alignment with Hyaenids and Djinn is what creates the original incantations for Gargoyle. These first Gargoyles will be part of the alliance with SP to combat the Voil and outside factions.
    Royal Geomancer-Part of Rugolth's Order
    Dwarven Alchemist-Part of Rugolth's Order
    Rugolth's Revenge-
    Sentinel of Ailur-
    Captive Lorekeeper-Geril will be Rugolth's inside man into how The Sanguine and Bloodgoyles come to be. Geril learns most of his secrets from the Imp Alchemists who were trying to discover secrets from Geril.
    Scorched Dwarf- Enslaved Dwarves were vital for Rugolth's Order to pass through the Underdepths without being detected. It was this time in UD that the Order went through psychotic breaks and began loosing control of the Gargoyle's that cycles were implemented to restrain the new power of the Gargoyle's. Although the enslaved dwarves help the Order they also blame IS for their prolonged captivity and at this time is when Bloodlust taints the Gargoyles.
    Gahlroonling-
    Dark Familiar-
    Reverie units- This will have been Rugolth's secret order; most likely won't be able to touch Revere units but they have their followers that can be made as new runes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rugolth's Order: Mostly Alchemists creating the manuscript that drives the Gargoyle Constructs.

Ideas for Racial:
    Grant: Stoneskin Potion will have a Gargoyle interaction that grants Rock Defiance. It will also grant 'units with Calcify gain Rock Eater'. Or change to 'Units with Calcify gain Rock Defiance'.

Animate/Statue Form will get linked together so that The Manuscript can work as a sort of Wings of Glory to units with those abilities.

While the story isn't neceassry to create Gargoyles I think designing the runes that would have been what create Gargoyle Constructs will move the theme and a few others along.

2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

So going with 5Common 4Uncommon 3Rare 2Exotic 1Legendary runes for Gargoyles I'm going to start distributing the Classes.

Rune A - Alchemists will play a role; possibly another Grant: Stoneskin Potion although Dwarven Alchemist would be perfect for the slot. Alchemist is class: None which gains Improve Speed from Lodestone Armory so perhaps limiting it's speed to give it an AP gen ability.

Rune B - Should be a Druid to tie in with Whitestone Gargoyle. This champion would also be a Dwarf but have Take form: Gargoyle. I'd imagine this a Dwarf and possibly the final Dwarf of the theme. This champion should be able to assist in animating other Gargoyles. If Stoneskin Potion doesn't effect Gargoyles there will have to be a connection with the Druids/Alchemists and the manuscript Rugolth's Order creates.

Rune C - Race Gargoyle These runes should draw from Bloodgoyle and be raw manifestations from the manuscript. Pure Gargoyles is what pushes Rugolth's Order to stop writing the manuscript, however most of the damage has been done. The final straw would be the Captive Dwarves outing the Order.

Rune D- Race: Gargoyle, Construct These units will most likely have Statue form and Animate. I think Gargoyles should be a theme that somewhat hands the opponent fonts. They should have Nora gen capabilities and fight strongest just outside of Font Zones. Font Ignorance and Reclaim Materials could work well on a Gargoyle, Construct. While some units will have Font Ignorance others should have secondary drops such as Relics or a Summon.

Rune E - Gargoyle abilities should gain strength in waves. The rise and fall in momentum will represent the Night/Day cycles. There should be a clearly defined hierarchy for Gargoyles that ties into Animate/Statue Form.

If there is going to be a specific Gargoyle racial it would most likely interact with Druids. Most other classes can be represented either as Gargoyle, Construct or Dwarf however I think limiting them to have synergies with Boost/Commander/Improve X/etc will be what helps give the Gargoyles strength and allows for some unique ability and stat combinations.