Gargoyles

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by aseryen, Sep 27, 2016.

?

Full faction or Split*

1. Full Faction

50.0%
  2. Champions Full Faction* Spells/Relics/Equips Split Faction

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Champions Split Faction** Spells/Relics/Equips are limited due to split

50.0%
  1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

So I like @Pixyrus idea of Gargoyles as a race so I'm going to try and mold this into something I would like to play and hopefully others would too.

My inspiration is going to be from several different themes in Pox that I think would represent Gargoyles well.

First would be to look at the Original Gargoyle, Whitestone Gargoyle, its LE is a black alternate so I think that should play out in the Gargoyle theme. Something along the lines of a Night and Day cycle. I have some ideas for these two to further the theme but for now I'm just going to use them as a stepping off point.

White/Blackstone Gargoyle

Race: Gargoyle, Construct
    Class: Druid

U1
    Sonic Roar- Anti-Voil and good cc so this may play out further in the theme.
    Perseverance- I don't have much to say although it could be interesting. I'm just not sure it has value.
    Revere: Drakon- not much mention of Wyrm's so potentially add this into the theme as well

U2
    Resistance: Magical- constructs usually have strong defences, although some should crumble easilly
    Calcify- possible racial; would make Render units ideal opponents
    Preparation-slow and patient play will be a strong theme in Gargoyles to mimic Night/Day cycle

Base Abilities
    Attack: Sonic- possibly going to keep this unique to White/Blackstone; sonic amp may be a good idea
    Flight: Base on some others will be broken brittle and have other forms
    Inscrutable Form- Going to draw from G'herns and there x1 deck limit; will play into Night/Day cycle
    Statue Form- Going to be a strong theme, potential for seism/stasis/relic drop units as well
    Weighty- Keeping the pace of Gargoyles will be a heavy theme, Blitz/Bold(Golden Compass) esque units

Champions: Race will be Construct and Gargoyle; some without Construct some without Gargoyle if they take the form of something else.

Spells: Possible Aggregate candidate- Statue Formed units may be what triggers aggregates to spawn. Could be in the form of a relic.

Relics: Similar to Zemi of Elements, Griffin Perch- should play into mobility or changing of dmg types

Equips: Possible Night/Day candidate- would grant inscrutable form on allied units creates a gargoyle form of enemy unit

More to come; going to take a look at some runes and get some more ideas together.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far these are what I've come up with for Gargoyles and runes to fit the theme. I haven't clearly defined what the Gargoyle racial could be but something that would work similar to Skeezick Rebel or other mechanics that use a counter.

Gargoyle Racial/Lore and Class discussion

Champions
    Gargoyle Sentinel
    Training Construct
    Giant Gargoyle

Spells
    Rugolth's Training

I've rooted Gargoyle's with Rugolth and his days of training Drakon. For now Gargoyles are constructed by Dwarves although with their racial it may be a transformation that creates dragonkin/beasts into stone which would have been what earliest sightings would be of.

Still need to think of a Dwarf/tinkerer that could manage to create Gargoyle's, most likely going to be similar to Dwarven Alchemist and not actually an intelligent Tinkerer at all. Or model after Geomancer and make the Dwarf Rugolth's best craftsman.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Pixyrus likes this.
  2. aseryen

As for the Poll

Option one: Full Faction- Full faction would not limit Gargoyles to any particular faction; most obvious choice would be IS since the first Gargoyles are Ironfist. However it would make sense to have Gargoyles surround the Shrines in both Protectorate and Wrath.
    Option two: Champions Full Faction Spells/Relics/Equips Split Faction- Both FF and Split S/R/E however the runes available to other factions will strongly link split factions together similar to Distichous.
    Option three: Champions Split Faction Spells/Relic/Equips are less abundant- Having split synergy makes runes generally stronger and this would be kept in line by less new runes; Gargoyles would be designed more around existing runes of whichever factions they are set in.

Gargoyles should draw heavily from Spells/Relics/Equips their immobility will play a role but steer away from drawn out gameplay.

3. aseryen

Possible Modules

Night/Day cycle- most similar to ethereal/murk interaction
    Stealth-replaces stealthed condition and adds Night cycle
    Preparation/Air Drop
    Amp: Sonic
    Summons
    Statue Form- if destroyed in Statue form a Rockling is summoned in its place.
    Rock Defiance
    Perseverance-could be what triggers the Night/Day reverse; would make Gargoyles more On Death worthy, allowing their HP to fall below zero may release extra forms.

4. aseryen

A few runes I'm looking at https://poxbase.com/deck/czucd4cxyc...=ciBcxucwWs8ds1ns7Gr3or3ur3pr30r3tr3Wr3we3teP

Minos
    Vamps
    Lichs
    Summons
    Phylactery
    Race/Class specific, manipulation
    Ally/Enemy equips
    Relic/Spell synergy
    Catalyst
    Sonic Surge
    Mark/declare hunted- to focus the attack on a unit similar to Hyaenid and Kanen

Statue of Xulos and Sepulcher of Kings are going to be mixed to make the relic ability I think Gargoyles should work with. They need some type of perch just like Griffins but it should be something that as they gain strength so does the relic they protect. Barricade Barrier May play a role in this, the center tile being the perch and the adjacent tiles being similar to Lodestone Megolith and how it protects it's lesser counterparts.

Going to limit to 5Common 4Uncommon 3Rare 2Exo 1Leg which would give 15 runes in total. Spells/Relics/Equips will be the exception as they can be designed more openly for all runes in faction and not just Gargoyle. Some of the runes will have similar design to Sentinel of Ailur and have very little threat, I want to try and make runes that won't out class spells but push for more than 15 champ decks. Runes may have x1 deck limit and not a lot of abilities but will be a strong cog in the machine other Gargoyle abilities will be similar to Greater Vampirism for Vampyres.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016