How Long Would You Want the Turn-Timer to Be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Mar 15, 2014.

?

How Long Would You Want the Turn-Timer to Be?

1. 1:30 & below (as I'm so speedy, & my mind runs like a supercomputer)

4.3%
  2. 1:45 (current setting)

18.3%
  3. 2:00 (a little more time would be helpful)

51.3%
  4. 2:15 (I need more time to read the tons of ability descriptions on EACH champ)

12.2%
  5. 2:30 (I need more time as the animations slow my computer down to snail-speed)

10.4%
  6. 2:45 & above (I like to do errands DURING my game, like grocery-shopping, etc...)

3.5%
  1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

If you were the decision-maker for Poxnora, how long of a turn-timer would you want for each player's turn in a game?

rickyjpen likes this.
  2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would say current + powerturn bank for ranked, and custom times for new players in training ground (something like under level X you have 30 extra secons in PvP matches in TG)

rickyjpen and Goyo like this.
  4. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

a lil more time might be ok. but i also think its ok as is.........i also like gabrielQ's idea

5. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

2:00 is in the lead so far.

6. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think 2:15 would be new user friendly. But that would drive people nuts going against Idle opponents.

7. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

But then again the powerturn bank idea seems great ;D

8. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Timers should both/either:

A.) Increase incrementally as the game goes on (a few seconds every round).

B.) Be based on how many units each side has out.

Xinde and Zenity like this.
  9. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

In my opinion the best way into solving the time issue is start the timer at 1min and let it increase by 10 seconds for each real champion you deploy up to a maximum of 2:30min, adding a clause that if a player doesn't do anything for a minute (without DCing) he automatically loses the game.

Sincerely,

Josh753

ProR2D2, Mercer Skye and Zenity like this.
  10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Nah, this has been discussed a lot already and the timer is good as is. Anything above will just increase the lenght of the game by way, way too much.

11. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

I voted for 2 mins. Most bgs are fine as is but certain themes are pretty hard to push out all your moves in 1:45. This is due to either massive amounts of micromanagement, clicking or just because of delays in animations/effects.
    Full credit to badgerdale for taking to imps to top 10 couple of exp ago. Mischief chews up your turn before you know it . :(

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

With all the lag going on... 2 minutes plz

13. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Reminds me of handicaps in Go or Chess for better players.

Personallly I'd like more time but that's only because I tend to run things like UD Spiders in which I have to move 30 seperate units every turn.

14. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I voted 2:30 because I like to think through what I'm actually doing. After all, there are lots and lots of math to be done.

Zenity likes this.
  15. Authyrtyr

This is why I keep a 60 card magic deck near my computer. If someone idles I start a practice hand. Never fails.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Each turn is effectively 3:30 if you use your opponents turn for math as well. I very rarely use more than 30 seconds of my turn unless I have a large number of units spread across a bigger map. That said, I understand that I have much more experience than the average player and that this game has an immense learning curve. I remember being a new player and often wishing there was more time or finishing a turn up satisfied because I had realized after the fact that I could have done something differently if I had thought longer. If we had a larger playerbase I would suggest having a different turn timer per ranked tier . 1:45 in Lim league, 2:00 in Exo and Rare, 2:15 anything below. However this is not the case and believe that a change like this would be detrimental for the game in its current state.

17. Authyrtyr

Could you clarify why you say that an increase in turn time would be detrimental?

18. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

If we're going to discuss this. please make a legitimate argument in the original post/poll.

You are the reason polls got taken away in the other forum.

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I am not saying that an increase would be detrimental. I am saying that a scaling timer depending on the average rank of the match would be detrimental. The playerbase is too small and it's too easy for even new players to make it into lim league. And having the timer jump around game to game would be confusing.
    If we had a community 10 times larger it would take longer to climb and there would be less swing in timer length.

20. Authyrtyr

Ah, ok.

21. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Like others have said, my favourite solution would be to make it somewhat relative to the amount of champs on the board.

It could also be something like you gain 1 extra second for every AP you use up.

A time bank would be fine too.