I would like to voice my opinion on a failing policy.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Why do you keep saying Ye gods on every thread...

2. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Not every thread (I lie), but that word was on my "Word of the day toilet paper roll".

TeaScholar likes this.
  3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Okay, i remember hearing about that now

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

We need more communication for a start. A public schedule. I wanna know that you are doing something and not just drinking tea. I also think the priorities are sorta off ... player count is going down again already, why did you do the steam launch at that point?

TeaScholar and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The better thing to ask is, Why did you do the Steam launch, and not give us weekly updates? Or even hotfixes... or anything.

6. Ozariig

Ozariig I need me some PIE!

We don't know how much cash was generated during the Steam release. It's always going to seem like it was a mistake to us if we don't know, and I have my doubts whether they should share that info anyway.

EDIT: Though there will be a whole lot of "I told you so" from the community if they didn't raise enough cash, that's for sure ;)

7. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

*gasps*

9. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

Its ok Burn. Its ok man.

mortal ix and NiGhtMaRiK like this.
  10. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

I have no clue why you remain optimistic, burn. You keep wasting your energy talking to a brick wall. This game died after that failure of a steam relaunch. I know a ton of people have years of experience put into this game, but it has finally ran its course.

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

The game is not dead. I would say the steam release was a success to an extent. However I do agree with some if not most of Burns points. Why would they think of setting up a Steam release, a new expansions ect. With just one programmer? Gedden has said before that he used to have a whole team. He would give incentives like: "Finish early today, and get 3 days next week off.' I think he is still partially in this mindset. Trying to maintain this game with just one programmer will inevitably lead down a very sad road. We need extra staff before anything else.

I say we need to give it time. By June next year we should be in a much different spot. I have been playing this game for almost 8 years now. I am content to wait.

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

can't wait to ship out and come back to see what happens to this place

13. sokotra

sokotra Member

I really don't understand the constant whining. I just play the game and have fun. If you are that obsessed with it, then donate your time by doing something positive for the game instead.

badgerale likes this.
  14. Monyx

when you say "i have been playing this game for almost 8 years now" you mean posting on the forum alot right?

Baskitkase likes this.
  15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I think they are taking the "Squeaky Wheel" approach.

16. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

To new members: Please stop telling us (us being people like Burn who have been here for a long time, through all the changes) that we need to always be positive. I have spent countless money on this game. I have given out free builds to people to spread the wealth. I have given free deck advice, which was not always the best : ). Being positive sometimes means to point out the negative to yield a positive result. @Gedden he has not been online with the people, and he needs to be. Burns request is not unreasonable, nor is his demeanor. Why does he, or those like him, have to change to change? Why cant DOG change? Burn is one the most loyal persons (maybe not the most likable) to the game, so please stop coaching the "manager" on how to play the game or rally the team.

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

When I say playing, I mean playing. Started just after the ST expansion.

18. Monyx

19. devrn

devrn I need me some PIE!

June of next year? Are you serious? I For one am not interested in waiting a year for them to fix a game they ruined. You are giving them way too much credit to be so naive to expect great things. I've seen this game push to the limit several times, but this is the finale! Bug ridden, balance(lol), lack of communication, and they couldn't even get their priorities straight. FAIL. SOE did a better job considering they were willing to let the game die.

BurnPyro likes this.
  20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Did they?