Is Pox Nora racist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MadCom, Apr 30, 2014.

1. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

Why there's not a single afro-poxnorathurian like afro-elfenian, afro-dwarfarian, etc. I think that's racict!

P.S. Did we lose Pox interactive map after transfer?

2. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

How come that only female champs have abilities like charm and abash? Give Ash and Vampyre charm . Gender equality plox.

3. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Veilwalker, Angel of Chaos, Hraken, Garu Shaman, Mountain Garu, Garu Hunter and Woodland Diplomat have a say in this as well evne if they "only" have black fur and pretty much all (darkmarsh)boghoppers, dark elves/UD champs are dark skinned. Especially Dark Elf Ritualist. Also I'm pretty sure that parts of Stitched First were of dark color once. So your thread is of course total nonsense. Case closed.

Thbigchief likes this.
  4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

5. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

oh and Inkblight Witch. I knew I forgot an important one.

6. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

weren't there also little updated map with current events from blaahaht'ah expansion?

7. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Some consider the Favored Nomad to be of darker complexion. You have to remember though that this is a fantasy game taking place in a world in which Africa does not exist. There are a ton of races within the game (Remember this is fantasy not reality) and if you consider the size of the Human population within the scope of the game it is not at all surprising that they are all similar in skin tone. In fact it would be LESS realistic if there was large diversity in human race representation within the game.
    Rewind Earth to the 10th-13th centuries (roughly the equivalent time period for pox) and visit any corner of the world whether it be Scandinavia, England, China, etc and I guarantee the population was 95%+ of a single skin color. Isolation of a group over the period of many centuries is required for certain genetic qualities to emerge and become dominant within a population. Please remember that Pox takes place on a single continent and it's neighboring isle. For example, if a group of barbarians migrated to Maljara and stayed there without influence from the mainland it's entirely possible that a different hair color, skin color or maybe even the shape of their cheekbones would become predominant.

It's also entirely possible that there are other human populations that may be of darker complexion on other contents that have not yet been explored in the history of the game.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Zenity and Woffleet like this.
  9. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

my turtle finds tortuns offensive

10. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

"It bothers me a lot that you want to broadcast that you’re associating with Skeezicks. Do you have to?"

-- "You can sleep with Skeezicks. You can bring them in, you can do whatever you want. The little I ask you is not to promote it on that ... and not to bring them to my games."

-- "I’m just saying, in your lousy f******* Instagrams, you don’t have to have yourself with, walking with Skeezicks."

-- "...Don't put Skeezick General on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games."

Yup...Racist

Shuyash, egami, darklord48 and 8 others like this.
  11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Bane Shift just got real... Someone's about to get banished to Maljara

12. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

There is too, Inkblight Witch is a woman of color.

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

lost it at "skeezick general"
    lmfao

14. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

So I think players have pointed out that there is an ethnic diversity in pox. For darker skinned humans, the most notable is the Favored Nomad, however some players pointed out the Inkblight Witch. The Angel of Chaos vs other UD units is a good example thats been pointed out as well.

For the longest time Humans were not really a race in pox, and really only exited in FW. The idea was that humans in the pox universe had nearly died out/ are easily corrupted. When someone would ask "Hey, where is XYZ race?" we would respond with "Hey, where are the humans?".

That said, this post did actually point something out to me -- at some point it looks like someone has gone through and marked bunch of Barbarians as Human as well, which i'm not sure I agree with.

dsjtheman likes this.
  15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Well there clearly are humans in IS (barbs, paladins) and FW, and it wouldn't be unflavourful for them to be a variety of ethnicities if they represent refugees and survivors from pretty much all of the eastern mainland.

16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Most paladins these days are Human.
    Im not certain of the scale but the mainland appears to be roughly the size of Australia which isn't large enough to cause much diversity.

17. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

Humans in Pox are only Inquisition, Barbarians and Elsarin.

So, from all the examples of afro-poxs are almost all evil? So it's even worse than racist? It's racist and stereotypical? :O

18. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

90% of the skeletons in my Skeleton BG comes from afro-poxantru heritage.

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Wait,.... what?

20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

My BG features Boghoppers, Darkmarsh Boghoppers, Firk, Tortun, Salaman and Pygmy Hippos of varied beliefs and social standing. I demand an integration award.