KF Bonus discussion

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by GabrielQ, Mar 3, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yes but not every unit will get a look at spd's i'm sure the 8 spd champs now would get dropped to 7. Mainly because i can't imagine 8 speed champ's with +2 ap also the split faction bonus is the only problem here i thought, i'd like to see k'thir get a split faction bonus like it's brothers in ud.

2. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I think that given the limited (although large number) of splits, there could be a "combo bonus" determined for each possible split. Rather than simply half the bonus of each faction in the split, how about a combo faction bonus that is unique to that combination? One example might be: KF UD split, rather than getting +2 damage and +1 AP, you get something new and different like "KF champs in this split get 1 rank of tough, UD champs in this split get 1 rank of plant regen" ... make combination bonuses completely different from the faction bonuses?

3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

The big issue isnt our FF bonus its our Split bonus. The simplest fix for the greens would be to just change that and leave FF bonus the same. I still like the suggestion of a split bonus to be +1 spd for kf champs non kf champs get the ap cap bonus.

All I am saying is that changing the FF bonus would (as has been said) take a major effort in rebalancing a LOT of champs to make up for the spd bonus loss. Keep it a simple job for the greens and just change the split bonus.

4. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

Can't it just be changed to FF as +1sp +2ap, SF +1spd +1Ap

Then KF champs benefit still and so does the faction its with

Or just SF +1sp and no bonus AP

I think the issue is ust the loss of speed and not the actual AP

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  5. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

Just in case some of you weren't around pre-Sony Pox, the original KF bonus was +2 for FF and +1 speed for KF/X. Naturally this worked perfectly. But the "simplification" by Sony threw everything into disarray. Granted, it WAS more complicated the old way, but the KF bonus suffered greatly during the shift. Old timers, help me out here. I think it was something like speed/2=AP gain (rounded up). So if you ended up with say 11 speed, you'd get 6 AP each turn. It was actually very effective in handling this whole KF argument. But sadly it was indeed more complicated in most other areas of the game.

anahuac1 and sassquatch like this.
  6. Celestus

I really can't remember the formula kinjo, wasn't it like 12/3 spd meant 8 ap champ?

wasn't it speed/2 +2?

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I remember the amount of AP gained was half of the unit's SPD, rounded down. A champion with 12 or 13 SPD would gain 6 AP. Being 13 SPD was still better than 12 SPD, though, because of the AP Cap.

Edit: Celestus' formula rings a bell, though. Maybe I don't remember as well as I thought. :)

8. Celestus

Yeah always 13, 11 or god forbid 9, so somehow 13 made 8, 11 made 7 and 9 made 6, could it possibly be that we we're rounded up? and so 13/2 rounded up is 7 +1 spd give the 8ap that 13spd used to give you

9. RedDain

Speed was always odd in full faction. 11 spd in FF KF meant 13 spd after bonus, and AP was 1/2 spd +1. I think it was rounded up, not down. So 12 spd meant 7 AP, but 13 spd meant 8 AP. The only champs with even speeds were those built for KF/x splits. Split superchamps were built with 12 spd (to get 13 in game). Before heroes were destroyed by split faction builds, I used to run KF/UD with menalaus... ran Mena at 126 nora... lol.

dsjtheman likes this.
  10. Celestus

Ohhh yes thats right! Thank you Dain!

Yes I was running crazy Elven mages and Avenging Angels with all upgrades when I 1st started this

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I do remember for a fact that I once ran a very expansive Mountain Garu that accrued 9 AP each round. I could be wrong but I think he had 15 SPD.

12. blazigro

blazigro The King of Potatoes

Why don't add an ability in split that gives 1+ AP every 2 turns? it's like having "half speed" on split or something like that

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  13. RedDain

Yes... and got 9 AP on deploy with init 2. LOL.

14. Lord Kinjo

Lord Kinjo New Member

Mountain Garu was a total beast back then. I think he had the option for block/riposte also. He was.....to use a Massachusetts term, wicked awesome.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  15. Celestus

Yeah I love the Mountain Garus, 15spd was always fun

16. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

How about +1 spd ff and split +2 ap cap it's not over the top and it's simple enough to make k'thir splits effective.

17. Celestus

I still think the issue is the speed not the AP, I think if the removed the added AP for Splits then it means having to think about your placement more, but while eing able to still have the speed that KF is known for

18. ArchersAxe

ArchersAxe Member

I'm not going to beat a dead horse, this is going to be hard to fix. Some FF players will favor the +1 SPD bonus they have been receiving, while other (perhaps more levelheaded) players will be seeking a better and more balanced bonus so they can do more KF/XX splits. I for one, do not even know what to say about the issue. Pre-Sony seemed great when I played it, however I have grown quite accustomed to the +1 SPD bonus nowadays. My KF/XX splits are, as already mentioned, primarily non-KF champs and they do work out fine in the end. I would like the flexibility of a more balanced bonus though..

I guess I'm neutral, carry on.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Gab, you do realize that your melee champions would now have a range of 2? That really hamstrings you vs a rangehate rush.

20. RedDain

There is a reason your KF/XX splits have primarily non-KF champs... it is because with a few notable exceptions, the main-line KF champ population is dominated by champs that are both built around, costed, and reliant upon that speed bonus. Take away the speed bonus, and those champs really, really flail (especially given their cost).