KF Bonus discussion

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by GabrielQ, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

What if the KF bonus was something like this:
    FF: All champions gain +1 speed/+1 ap
    Split: All champions with 6 speed or less gain +1 speed/+1 ap

I guess the main problem with KF in splits when it would still grant full speed bonus that 7 speeders and higher ones became too strong (8 speed, 9 speed etc.)

I don't think it's an ideal solution, but I don't think there is an ideal solution.

Sincerely,

Josh753

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Maybe the split bonus could work like the is font bonus but gives +1 ap when outside of a font/shrine zone

3. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

That is the same than +1 spd... just without +1 max ap cap.

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Thinking outside the box....

FF- The first space of normal movement moved by each friendly champion, each turn, costs one less AP (to a minimum of 0).
    SP- The first ability used (including basic attacks) by each friendly champion, each turn, cost one less AP (to a minimum of 1).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  5. Xirone

This idea nerfs KF's FF bonus slightly (not more AP but just the movement component remains) while buffing the SF bonus.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  6. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I've always really hated that Kthir's FF bonus is so awesome in theory, yet so bad in reality. The point of the bonus is obviously representing the speed and agility of the faction....but many of the runes are obviously pre-nerfed so that the bonus speed just makes their speed = to everything else. Add to that the power creep over the years and the proliferation of AP generating abilities of basically every faction, and you end up with a faction bonus that basically says 'All your runes get -1 speed at creation, and can store +1ap max. Also KF used to be the faction with the best ranged combat, however the avg range/reach of the other factions seems to have caught up over the years. Proliferation of range 5 ae2 abilities, frost cones, poison clouds, etc...means everything has a range of 1-7. Not to mention that a TON of runes have anti-ranged abilities built in now. We do get a lot of precision which is nice against dodge though.

The other factions get 7 spd champs or greater in the form of accrue or multi-attack, tailwind, exertion, leap3 etc...Mobilization and quickening are both big offenders in this regard. KF has the centaur version of quickening, making a lot of people glad centaurs aren't actually viable, lol.

This kinda turned into a bit of a rant, sorry. I've always been a KF player and just want it to be a good competitive faction.

My 2cp on what I think the faction bonus should be:

I think the +1 spd should be a feature of the runes as compared to the other factions, the pre-nerfs need to stop.
    FF bonus:+1 max AP storage, champions with minimum range 3 or more have retreat rank 2, other champions gain mobility. Font bonus: Domain vegetation for 3 turns.

Split bonus: +1 max ap storage, Champions gain mobility.

My reasoning is that the high range champs deserve to be able to use those AP they were saving up to still get their damage in, without generating excess AP/ It's not uncommon to have a champ be 8-10 spaces away and be able to make it to your archer and still attack in a single turn. The low range tanks and stuff still have mobility, but do not get the bonus movement for positioning. I consider this to be weaker than the current FW/IS/FT/UD/SP/FS bonuses.

The split bonus is good, and there are plenty of useful applications for split faction mixes.

7. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

If I may pull a slight necro, and I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but perhaps something like:
    FF: +1Spd
    Split: +1Spd to champions with 6Spd or below.

dsjtheman likes this.
  8. Xirone

With the new upgrade system, I'd love for each KF champion to have a third upgrade path called "Split Stat Bonus- SPD +1." You could upgrade this ability to give your KF champ +1 SPD, but only in a split. The ability would cost 1/2 of what +1 SPD normally costs. So, say, for 4 nora your KF champs could have +1 SPD in splits. KF champs would have the SPD they were intended to have while being mildly more expensive in splits.