Let's Build An Expansion Together

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

GAIAMASTERakaNANI The King of Potatoes

Thanks for the tips and the compliment about the art.

The thing about the Defender on base, is because the theme Draksar inself, is focus to keep them close to get advantage from violent and others effects. The only champ with Defender is Guard (a pretty good rune tho, but slow and dont have too much DEF). So one more rune with Defender would help alot in the survival, since most Draksar champions are melee. About the HP+DEF, this would grant him more time on field being an able to take more damage. Maybe lowering the his DMG in 1-2 would be a good point too.

In overall thank you.

2. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Vel' koz is that you?

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I can see the defender thing, I'm sure if Sok chooses it he'll tinker with it to his liking. The reason I put it on upgrade is because his flavor states physical, and magical defense, and I have a thing about flavor being on base, and not optional in an upgrade path. That could just be me tho.

As for the Defense and HP changes I suggested. Sundered Lands innately has a 20% dmg reduction with a guaranteed minimum of 1 damage reduction. E.G. You take a hit that 10 damage it gets reduced by 2, and you take 8. If you take a hit that does 9 damage It'd be -1.8, but this game rounds defense down, so you would only reduce the damage by 1, and take 8 damage. If at any point you would take damage an it would be a number below 1.0, where it would round down to 0 reduced damage, the SL bonus clause (with a minimum of 1) kicks in, and you take a guaranteed 1 reduced damage.

With 2 Defense, 50+ hp without banner, access to SL's bonus, and a multitude of damage reduction abilities, along with Draksar theme boosts. I wouldn't be surprised if he was costed at 82+ nora. He's a monster of a tank. The HP, and Defense reduction was to offset that some. His defenses more than make up for the (-1def) and 8-10 hp loss. It'd keep him sturdy enough to live, and average enough in cost to use Defender if it was so chosen on upgrades.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    GAIAMASTERakaNANI likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Nah, It's what our dark lord and savior posted on the worship thread.

[Redirect]

5. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

This just strikes me as a serpentor paradigm 2.0. Give it Shield Throw to give it some more unique-ness.

6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

A defender/protector that gets rid of his shield?

SWAT team breaches the door. Taps the point's shoulder, and he moves up with the shield. First assailant around the first corner on the left. He proceeds to throw said shield at the first assailant he sees, then him his partner behind him die from a torrent of iron.

Edit: Was this Draksar by any chance frozen in ice for ~60 years?

7. Anima26

I dont care for flavor when it comes to Draksar, theres no point in making more bland flavorful melee beaters when Draksar have a fok ton of them already. It wont see any play unless its awesome. Shield Throw would help Draksar with their inherent range problem at least and make this rune feel less like a redesign of paradigm/templeguard. Seems fitting atleast as he has a big shield. Temple Guard kinda has the protective defender guy down.

I dont, huh? Youve lost me.

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I said the same thing.
    As for the nay say against Shield Throw; I was joking, albeit poorly. I've no qualms against it. Just trying to figure out other things to do with him.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Ya know, the more I look at this now the more I like it. The ability set is growing on me. Tho, I still say the Defense, and HP could stand to go down a little.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Units that have <8 DMG, or >14 DMG, <6 SPD, or >6 SPD. A lot of units lately clock in at 10/6 and x-x+1 range.

11. Anima26

I was thinking maybe Hold the Line or some other Shield feeling ability might go well. Cant think of any off top of my head though. With it being a Drakkie it certainly would need something to help it stand it out from all the melee beaters.

IMAGIRL and GAIAMASTERakaNANI like this.
  12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Hold the Line sounds fitting.

13. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

You are pretty right in everything you said, thanks.

Shield Throw would be a very good idea. Look at the size of his shield haha.

14. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

Hold the Line, Shield Throw, are some good abilities that would fit him well, and make him dinstinguished from others Drak. Sorry, i've should elaborated more, i made that in a rush, because i was at my job.

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Trade Defender for Hold the Line, drop his defense to 1, lower the hp, an tell the Draksar Legionnaire he's getting a buddy.

16. Anima26

Shame we cant have new abilities, we could have Equip: Vindrax Scale Shield. :3

IMAGIRL and GAIAMASTERakaNANI like this.
  17. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Crysalid Decoy (SL relic)
    Art: A big tall pupae that glows hyptnotically so creatures just keep staring at it.

HP: 25
    Halloucinogenic
    Distracting luminescence
    Antagonize

18. GAIAMASTERakaNANI

Maybe this.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

You might color code option 1 and 2. They kind of bleed together.

GAIAMASTERakaNANI and Anima26 like this.
  20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Salaman Technoknight
    "Combines salaman technological mastery with a fearsome martial tradition. They wield swords powered by frost crystalss imported from the Jakei."
    Class: Warrior, Wizard
    Race: Salaman
    Foglar Swamp

DMG: 13
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 1-1
    DEF: 2
    HP: 55

Attack: Cold
    Provision: Defense
    Damage Shield: Frost (3)

UP 1: Scale Armor, Defender, Weaken Spells
    UP 2: Ponderous Blows, Frost Cone (2), Catalyst: Frost

The idea is to provide salaman with a tankier option that showcases their ability to use technological ingenuity to provide new options.
    UP 1 are defensives abilities either to personally make it tough, or protect fellow salaman.
    UP 2 are offensive abilities that make sense with the idea of a cold weapon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.