Load Catapult

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by avichaif, Aug 14, 2014.

1. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

why this ability is cd: 0
    can someone explain it to me?
    why Throw Champion is cd: 1 and this 1 is not?
    why she can Throw the same champs more then 1 time in a turn?

Entrepidus likes this.
  2. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

The Dwarven constructs of Ironfist Stronghold obviously have more sophisticated engineers than the one's who design the G'hern Thrower's net. Peaks technology is still very much in the developmental stages unfortunately.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    sassquatch, SaintKiwi, Goyo and 2 others like this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

There is also issues with resource materials making the Peaks the #1 export faction. While the Stronghold has many craftsman they have very little resources aside from Iron, Copper and Zinc in their mountain. They have to Import quite a lot. The Peaks even with their hefty nora income spend most of it between warring Voil and Cyclops factions. While the G'hern spend all but what is required for the Moga. This is a very Un-stable economy. We have to take care not to Shatter it.

I am going to start slapping some people if they don't start noticing all the little things I seeded this with.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Pipster likes this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Why are we assuming Dwarven Catalpult is a girl?

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Because that's kinda hot.

...? 0_o

6. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

As much as I would like to agree with you that catapult needs nerf, I click on it and Im just dumbfounded that you can't find an opportunity to kill it.

Huge tempo hit, decent nora hit, low hp, defense and damage... but it catapults things. We should nerf pinger cause he pings.

TheBulwark likes this.
  7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I believe FW imports the most. They have imported a yeti, a draksar, a dwarf, a barbarian, a couple demons, a few dragons, a few elves, a fairy, a tree, a moga, a cyclops, a skeezick, a mirefolk, a boghopper, a jakei, a voil, and a couple Tortun.

Ginx and TheBulwark like this.
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Not sure though I would guess it has something to do with being on a lumbering unit as opposed to being on a non-lumbering unit.

9. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

inb4GudPlayerGetsItNurfed

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Indirect slave labor, not a true economical import.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

As well as most of the humans.

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Second hand at best

13. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Third hand too, if you can find a limb for it.

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Xulos: Come on down to the Bone Society. We got long arms, short ones. Thick calves and broken ones. You want it we got it. Find us at 555 Elsari Road. Bring your friends and get a 20% Nora discount.

Disclaimer: Xulos: If I see a witch I will blast the biitch.....

THIS IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT BY "SERKAN INC."

Side Note: I love this community.

Sealer0, Goyo, Fikule and 2 others like this.
  15. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Not sure why a 25 Nora ability is compared to a 15 Nora ability.
    The reasoning is likely because the catapult is supposed to be able to send them at the same time, just programmed a bit weird.

Sorry for giving a serious answer. ;-;
    I am not cool enough like you guys.

16. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Oh hey youre the guy that ripped me off for my coragh when i started playing.

17. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Who? The OP?

18. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I strongly disagree.

It's either the first deploy on maps with very close fonts or the second/third deploy on maps with side fonts and a mid. Played correctly, it's actually a tempo boost because it can toss a dwarf from its backside to its frontside to 5 squares closer to wherever you want it to go (usually mid font) in the same turn.

In other words, it can provide a newly deployed champ 8 AP every turn!

I don't consider a champ that can consistently produce 4-10 AP per turn (on its own) a drawback. It can also turn Drive/Haste/Invigorate into more tosses and loves IS/FW Paladins with Mobilization. On turns you don't deploy a champ it can attack at 4-7 RNG. On smaller maps it'll also Stone Bomb for "stuffs." This champ is a nightmare to deal with on the 2 Font FW/SL maps.

Either Load Catapult gains CD 1 or the granted Catapult ability gains an AP cost of >0. Naturally, this would result in a cost decrease for the ability.

Osidan likes this.
  19. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

yep

20. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

its a 25 nora ability you are comparing to a 15 nora ability. Add to it that you are spending 6 ap to move a champion at most 8 spaces ( for a total gain of 2 ap if you are counting it as that) and its no where as broken as you are making it sound. It is simply a mobility enhancer for what was/is a mobility limited faction. It is also important to note factional differences where the SP version is throwing much cheaper champions while also being a surge combat champion. You just need to learn to play around it, as sad as that statement might be.