Make Cleansing Emerald KF/FS instead of KF/SP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boozha, Aug 15, 2016.

1. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

While we're trading things around can we make tortuns FS/IS and leoss KF/ST? :)

Xirone and phdstax like this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yes, with the tears of the like of Iab they create whole oceans.

Willow and Etherielin like this.
  3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Sorry I crapped on your thread. I should of expected some reverberating blast from you, especially when you got all that gloomwater stuff, poison traps.

your FS if they use crap on you, you got stuff like this. to ensure your guys will live, unless you got something equally OP like... Oh wait now its clear why you want such a stupid ass concept of a rune.

Heres a real concept, remove cleansing emerald cause it soaks up design space, more than any unit with cleansing aura could.

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yes. All of this will work perfectly, because IS has no cleanse.

Go away

Qucas and Etherielin like this.
  5. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

I generally wouldn't support this kind of change unless it were supported by a lot of people. Even assuming I know nothing about game mechanics, as far as I can tell it's very rare that a faction loses a rune- and even rarer that said rune is then given to a different faction.
    I mean, if there were around 2-3 examples a year then maybe, but I'm pretty sure there aren't.
    As such, I trust the devs in having this policy for a good reason, and would only support it if a lot of other people did.
    However, that doesn't mean I couldn't support your purpose- while takeing a factions rune from them and giving it to someone else is rare, your purpose isn't.

You could, instead, separately advocate for a nerf to the emerald and the addition of a cleansing- type relic/champ in FS.

I don't know about adding more cleansing to FS, but personally I can support nerfing any rune that is or is pretty close to autoinclude, which emerald appears to be- even in SP split decks. It isn't 2x autoinclude, but as far as I can tell tech- support runes like that rarely are, especially if their relics.

So, I won't support this unless something changes about it, but I likely *would* support changes based off of your intention for the change.

(If your not a total noob to this game like me, feel free to tell me if I'm wrong on any of this- I might be, but there isn't enough of a pox database to easily find out about it.)

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

To my knowledge no rune has ever been removed from a faction. There have been a few runes that had a single faction that were changed to be split runes. I'm only aware of one rune that ever had its rarity changed. Mobilization used to be a common, and was changed to a rare, I believe during the Shattered Peaks expansion. That was mistakenly viewed as a way to nerf the rune. Polymorph, which caused a good number of bugs, was changed to be Limited Edition, the effect was completely changed, and eventually it was removed from the rune list.

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

There's been 2 or 3 runes that have changed factions over the years, and it's been a touchy* subject among SP and SL players for ages now.

*Not really, it's mostly fake drama, but whatever, man.

Tweek516 and Qucas like this.
  8. DrakeArron

The primary example I was thinking of that was removed from a faction was that KF spirit, the elf- ghost thing. If you look on pox base it's actually still FW/KF (assuming that hasn't updated).
    EDIT: This one- https://poxbase.com/champion/501
    (second edit, to save you a trip to the checklist if I wasn't clear, its pure- KF now. Technically still a split rune change, but it *is* a rune removed from a faction).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  9. ChiaoLung

It was originally a KF champ, made split with FW, and then reverted.

darklord48 likes this.
  10. DrakeArron

Still kind of removing a rune from a faction right? :p. I admit it heavily weakens it as a good example though. (Not that I should actually care that I lose this argument, as it only strengthens the point of my previous argument XD).

11. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Sp/FS would be best, KF already hase to much.

12. Pattn199

Could you please **** and die in a dark hole or something?
    LEAVE MY LEOSS ALONE ALREADY,

Splitting them with KF he said , you have just lost all respect I might have had for you if I knew you

Stay of the booze please, it makes you say idiotic stuff

13. ChiaoLung

LOL - Makes as much sense as Cleansing Emerald in FS. Never understood how tanky, slow, defensive champs ended up in KF.

14. DrakeArron

I think it was pretty obvious he was joking....

15. ChiaoLung

Yep. I was too. It's why I laughed. There was a big outcry about tortuns in KF when they first got released. They definitely fit the IS phalanx flavor more back then. Since then IS has moved away from phalanx some and a lot of things have changed. Still not really a fan of tortuns, but I've learned to ignore them. ;) (Yes, I'm still joking.)

16. DrakeArron

Oh sorry, I was referring to you that was joking when I said that. I didn't think Pattn was XP.

17. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Hehe this would be awesome, but not going to happen :rolleyes:

18. ChiaoLung

I think he was joking too, to be honest. He likes his leoss though.

Qucas and Pattn199 like this.
  19. Pattn199

My love for leoss is pure

So is my hate for kf:)

Qucas likes this.
  20. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Let's compromise. Tortuns become FS only and Leoss become IS/KF/ST. :)

ChiaoLung likes this.