mentor be a bg

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by AmmonReros, Aug 19, 2014.

1. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

http://www.poxbase.com/deck/CqUC5wc56C6XCkOC1uC82c1gct5C14S_s4Us6-smS5Bs3vr39r13rWe+e1H

ba dum tish! a tush for the pun.
    So this is an Aquatic Beast BG that features the newly reworked Boghopper Mentor.

I have been thinking about taking out Undertow and Smooth Stone and replacing them with a second Monsoon and a Bubble of Protection. But I am trying it like it is right now first.

What I'd really love in this BG was Foment.

Comments welcome of course. Also: Post your BG that features the Mentor.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Nice nice, I wanted to get foment on quagmirrian (that's why mentor has 39 hp) but it turns out gedden doesn't like global bonuses, (I begged a lot to keep vitalize)

I like your bg, you definitively got the spirit!
    I would try with more aquatics and semiaquatics and slipwater, and I would add a water veil unit or two.

3. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

50ish nora Intsigator with BM3 is da bomb.

Leadrz likes this.
  4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I second that notion.

5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Is this guy what they call "a good Horn target"?
    He doesn't look like he does anything but sit there in the back row and hope the enemy doesn't splat him.

Though 49 Nora with Leap 1 seems like a steal if you get enough use out of Battle Master and Antagonize.

6. AmmonReros

Right. I forgot about Slipwater. 11 units benefitting from it, 6 not.

I guess I could take out a Renovator for an Instigator.

On a sidenote I wish that GloomWATER actually added some too. Only for 2-3 turns.

7. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

So uhhh, if you have semi aquatics in there... Why not have the best semi aquatics? Caecelia, Mandrake, Enchantress etc.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yes, he's absolutely worth it. No idea why people do leap 3 on him. Go in, antagonize, gtfo, do other stuff

9. Boozha

10. AmmonReros

Because those arent beasts.

Screamign Leviathan I was thinking of too and in the first draft od the BG I even had them in but after seeing that their damage and range got lowered I took them out again. And 66 hp, even with tough 3 goes down rather fast on an easy target.

11. Boozha

Gotta use them when the enemy has mostly melee. Damage at range is atrocious, but with Aura 3 it becomes pretty decent

Cinder405 likes this.
  12. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Boozha what the hell would you know about FS? :rolleyes:;)

Flyingfinn likes this.
  13. MindQuake

MindQuake New Member

With all that aquatic, including the feeding frenzies, pirhanids might be worth it, what with the surge aquatic 2.