Meta BGs

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by attio26, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I play to win. I might get a win here and there, but themes are way stronger.

2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I really tried to meta, but it really seemed to lack the power level of the best themes. This is not true of other factions though, and I wonder why. Are FS runes just less powerful than other faction's runes or are theme abilities just stronger?

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/CgPCb2CgICq-cqWcawcoHCd0ChTCivs1s6Ts1Ps33s1gs6-s5Bs54r2LrGrWe3oe3q

Considering:
    -2 Enforcer +2 snaptooth hunters
    Hunters look like they would be pretty crazy in combination with the Dredger. However enforcers have some nice short-range crowd control and are tanky as hell.

-1 Slick and Buzz +1 Risen Grenadier
    Long Fuse Bomb enables some great crowd control, and a second Fire Jab could be handy. However, I like the utility of Slick.

-1 Sacred Temple +1 Lotus Altar
    The protection from spells seems pretty handy.

-2 Augurs of the Deep +2 Snaptooth Dusk Shaman
    The question is if I like the Snaptooth Dusk Shaman's crowd control more than Augurs, and if the Augur's damage now is worth the heights and range dusk shamans reach.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I am testing some new things: hippo riders with heavy charger and charge 3 makes you feel like ST, with a 1:1 nora cost:hp ratio and hitting for 20 damage, heavy charger stacks with duel so that may open the game to devasting attacks, also augur's knockback move engaging champions to allow charges. Also added a concealer to try and see if they give a better stealth play than commando. Also switched domain water for surge boghopper on tidemasters

5. GabrielQ

IMG_20160123_113712.jpg
    Currently testing this, toughts?

6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i'd swap the lilies for lotus
    maybe make room for a dredger?

7. GabrielQ

I use the lilies for contesting, and shadowspawned buys you lots of time. I'm testing hippo riders to see if they are better than dredgers.

Leadrz likes this.
  8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

dredger was only suggested for a lil extra water gen.
    fair enough though.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I think a lot of that depends on what you want 'em for. Hippos tend to hit harder and faster, but Dredgers are probably better for disrupting the opponent's own movements.

On that note, it's far more telegraphed due to it's nature, but what about Circadian Vault? Also a stealthed relic and services the water gen (and some alt damage for kicks), but much easier to find obviously.

Leadrz likes this.