Neuromancer is currently race boghopper?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, May 26, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Is this a bug currently because of the devs working on the re-vamp?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

No? Its a boghopper wearing a firk mask. It has always been that way.

newsbuff and TheNidhogg like this.
  3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I never knew this wow lol thanks for clearing that up i guess i just don't get why he isn't jellebrium or firk.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Would be good idea if Neuro got Equip: Firk Mask for flavor and lost Amplify Psychic and Immunity: Psychic. Consolidates the abilities into one and also clears up the flavor a bit.

Xirone likes this.
  5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

But it would be also odd that the master of the psychic art is a boghopper cosplaying a firk

Stargorger likes this.
  6. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

Because you don't need superpowers to be the best (Batman, Ironman), you just need a lot of cash for your equipment (Firk mask).

7. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

So we're just trying to nerf Neuromancer here, right? In which case, be aware that Firk Mask gives 20% amp not 10

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Aye. It's also Shatterable. ;)

9. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Equip: X abilities should be eliminated until there is a built-in interface to explain what the equipment does/display the equip. Equip: X abilities are possibly the single most obscure ability in the game, requiring you to "just know" what the equip does or else go search the rune checklist for the thing to find out.

[edit] also, I, too, didn't know that neuromancer was a boghopper wearing a firk mask...that is so cool!

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You know, when you select a equipped rune there is a icon of crossed swords that you can click to view the equipment and his description.

11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Right, which means for champs with Equip: X abilities you would need to play them to "find out" what the equipment does, or else go look it up on a rune checklist prior to that. No other ability in the game lacks a built-in description of what, exactly the ability does except for Equip: X abilities. They are uniquely obscure.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Cast: X ;)

I agree that a UI improvement that allows you to click certain keywords to see what they mean would be useful but I do not find these abilities as detrimental as you seem to be implying. There is nothing wrong with having to look up certain things. I know back when I played MtG I had to keep a small book on hand that had every ability and what it does because there were occasions that the effect was not listed on the card.

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Good point.

Best way to do this is to steal Hearthstone's interface which uses keywords (like defiled/inhibited/etc.) , but provides definitions of those keywords if you hover over it. Same can be used for equip/cast: X abilities.
    [​IMG]

14. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

those abilities are still easier to learn than the current savage clan abilities. lets face it, even the IS primitives dont know what they will be doing until its done.

15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Honestly, thats about the only thing we should take from hearthstone, but that in an instant.

16. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Deploy Archery Bale
    Deploy Gatling Gun
    Deploy Prismatic Crystals

RIP.

It's not a big burden to look up the ability when you're deciding whether to put the rune in your deck, I don't think "obscure" is the word I'd use to describe it.

17. Taylor

Taylor I need me some PIE!

Neuromancer is completely fine. It's not even meta standard. It's literally only good in psyc amp bgs.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

? The strength of the rune is yet to be mentioned in this thread.

19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

He's not even that good in psychic BG's ... if it weren't for jab he'd be even more Bane Shift. Hooray for overnerfs, really, of which FS sees far too many

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Boobooz, ur zealot panties are showing.