New Client Chat (PC)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Obvs you dont give a Bane Shift about the PC in the new client, but is this seriously the best you can do?

We cannot see who is in global or guild lobby, the social aspect of the game is just completely gutted. It's a very important aspect of any game is to get people talking to each other inside of the game so that they do not feel alone and isolated. There are plenty of better single player games someone can play and you don't join a multiplayer game and play the multiplayer side of that game to then just feel like you are playing against some enhanced AI.

Seriously, I'd like to hear your reasoning behind why this is so horrible.

[​IMG]

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

And I get that you're all in on PSN... great... still pretending thats not a failure. But you might also want to take tabs on whose playing what. In ranked right now there are 17 matches, so 34 players, and 2 of those players are PSN. Do you want to further alienate your PC revenue? You don't have to pick one side or the other. Spend a tiny(dragon) amount of time making your PCers feel as if the shaft on which we sit is a manageable size.

Skeezick likes this.
  3. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Somebody decided that you can make easy money by re-releasing something you already have on another platform. All they needed was a new client. Great idea. There was only one objection: The current developer team never had the joy of working with Unity. The great boss looked at them and told them not to worry: "There are tutorials on youtube!"

And that's the story of how the client got flipped-turned upside down.

4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

btw your printscreen is another bugproof, the list of games multiply itselfs here and there, you can see bigga340 in two games in that printscreen. But agreed the chat is very bad, atleast there are some players in discord chatting, but its not the same as being able to chat inside the game.

5. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Apparently this is a known bug with the 1080p resolution, if you run the client on 720p the chat will look normal. You can still /who in a tab to see who's online (although I get that thats not the same)

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I understand that PSN is like "NO SIR U MAY NOT HAF CHUTS" but they can still develop it to its former standing for the PC players.

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So glad you brought up /who

This is a wonderful way to see...well..a bleeding set of eyes in the mirror:
    [​IMG]

Please find your buddy, his name is waldo.

Skeezick, maxwell3094 and Kampel like this.
  8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'll try that. Maybe I'll rage 0.023% less.

9. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

yeah the resolution doesn't really seem to change how things look at all, other than fixing the chat, to me at least

10. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

So is the client playable in games yet? I don't care about your social and friend memes, I'm just about ready to publish the super basic lvl 0.5 Pox Player tutorials I made this week and I'll need actual in-game footage for the following beginner and intermediate tutorials so I've stalled just about as much as I could.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Well, I'll put up another game today wherein I rage about missing/changed animations but its certainly playable. You just really need to be careful when you select and move a champion quickly because it seems the game wants to be whatever you were selected on previously and will move that champion if he can move to that spot.

Also, sometimes champions go the complete opposite direction than the square I've selected. Those are the two major problems for me thus far.

Sometimes I have to move a 2x2 champion two squares and cannot move him 1 square until I move at least two squares. It hasnt cost me a game yet.

12. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Not really, it freezes, crashes, units move in mysterious ways, 2x2 units are a nono still.
    But if you got patience, play slow and wait for everything to be done before you do anything else, its kinda ok, be ready to restart the client often because well you might have dc'ed and missed a turn when you thought it was your opponent that was slow and lazy but instead he did end his turn 2 mins ago and you just missed yours.
    and for PSN players its worse

but now and then you get a few minutes of real fun playtime without bugs and its really good and fun again.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, there's literally no indication that you've DCd on your turn besides timer running out and sitting at zero.

14. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Its 10x better than on release... there are a few hiccups with 2x2 movements and sometimes u cant unclick what u clicked but over all Ive played mroe than 50 games in the last 3 days and honestly they have all been fine.

15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

It literally happens once every 2 years, but Baskit's logic makes sense. There's no defending the new client, and at this point I consider myself optimistic simply because I'm playing the game. I'd normally try and guess Pox's future, but this time things look way more out of control than usual.

Skeezick likes this.
  16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You'll have to forgive me, I have zero recollection of who you are. I'm sorry for whatever I did to earn your passive aggressive poo sling. Now that we're done with the iHug, let's move on.

17. diahru

diahru The King of Potatoes

New Client is so flawed, please fix this!

18. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I forgive you.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Thanks bae

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Wut, you mean this?
    [​IMG]