Next Set of Changes/Requests/Suggestions

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by MovnTarget, Aug 20, 2014.

1. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

In hopes to keep this thread on topic, I went ahead and counted up all the suggestions so far to see what the general consensus is. I didn't count the ones that only had one vote.

• Blackscale Centurion – 5
    • Draksar Gunner – 3
    • Draksar Legionnaire - 3
    • Draksar Morph - 3
    • Serpentor Ardent – 3
    • Basilisk Templar – 2
    • Draksar Knight - 2
    • DHM - 2
    • Persecutor - 2
    • Consulate - 2
    • Draksar High Priest - 2
    • Draksar Lord - 2
    • Draksar Archer - 2
    I'm in agreement with the others that said we shouldn't buff LE's except for our one exception, Blackscale Centurion. So, maybe we could get some more suggestions to replace Ardent and Morph.

Razzoriel had some great suggestions, and would look to his thread for some thoughts on changes.

2. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

My suggestions for SL and Draksars.
    *All cost changes are calculated using poxbox values, if those are wrong, I'm wrong xD

General
    1. Nerf Chickenwing, everyone knows its op
    2. Nerf Sibling, aka Maulers (I think that's already coming)
    Draksars
    1. Legionnaire is also my prime target for drakkies, as Nexus Aura is a great ability for their phalanx play. Maybe upgrade path 1 to Enduring Aura 2 (-4 Nora), Regen 2 (default), Explosive Attack 2 (+1 Nora)? Enduring Aura could be too strong I guess, although it is only the -1 damage variety. Nora cost wouldn't change.
    2. Wyrmpriest. The fact that only the Pope has Sermon screws the theme hard for new players, so... Upgrade Path 1 to Dark Healing (-2 Nora), Sermon (default), Rite of Creation (+2 Nora). Stays as a true support, keeps flavor, ticks off old players that have the Pope, and cost goes down by 2, so 76 base. What's not to love? :D
    3. Spellsword is another easy phalanx enabler, although more playable as is for that matter. Upgrade path 2 to Spell aegis (-1 Nora), Weaken Spells (default), Spellswallower (+0 Nora). Again, Weaken Spells could be too strong, but probably should be fine. Cost would go up by +2, so 67 base.
    4. Centurion. I'm no fan of legendaries being theme enablers, but some do warrant a nudge towards playability. -Protective, +Bastion of Will on base. Upgrade path 2 to Battlemaster 1 (default), Bodyguard (+3 Nora), Protective (+4 Nora). Cost goes up by 1 to 75.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Kampel and claydude5 like this.
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I like your ideas but i have a few thouts:

Legionnaire: i would sacrifice his melee attack (stab) if needed to compensate your proposed changes. (i would love him to regain defensive strike but its too expensive now that is better balanced).

Wyrmpriest: would become better than pope actually =P

Spellsword: weaken spells too strong :0, he could have "Conduit(5 nora)" so he kindof synergy with its own regen and still help with Draksars phalanx

Centurion: Bastion too strong imo, and bodyguard/protective in the same path is a pitty.. (im not sure, if you bodyguard a champ and it gets attacked would "protective" trigger?).

For the devs/anyone: Legendarys, exo and rares doesn't need to be better, they just need to be different from the rest. The feeling when getting them should't be "now i can replace this rune with this stronger one!" but "now i can build around this other strategy and combo!"

4. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Legionnaire losing Stab on base, along with my upgrade changes would drop him to 77 nora, or 75 with enduring aura. I think that would be quite playable.

Wyrmpriest: Pope would have +1 range, +1 damage, -3 hp, and be 3 nora cheaper if Disciple of Scale is taken. All in all I think they would be similar but both runnable, which is the ideal. Another option to differentiate them a little more could be to give Wyrmpriest 1-3 range instead of 2-4, which I think would keep him at the same cost.

Spellsword: Conduit sounds good in place of weaken spells actually. Spell Aegis, Conduit and Spellswallower would be a nice, flavorful upgrade path.

Centurion: I really wanted to give him Iron Will because of his flavor text, but it was going to make him so cheap (68 nora) that I feared the results...

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Range 1-3 is worth way more than 2-4.

6. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Well, something was said about it being the number of squares it threatened, but you're probably right, 1-3 is a really good range.

7. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I've been thinking what if draksar got sigil like abilities that triggered when a friendly dragon is deployed? They would encourage a phalanx style type play and show Draksars devotion to the dragons. In addition it would allow a global 5 nora cost reduction across the draksar theme by giving several champions Rage of the Scale.

Rage of the Scale
    Whenever a friendly Dragon is deployed friendly champions within 3 spaces gain violent for 4 turns

Power of the Scale
    Whenever a friendly Dragon is deployed friendly champions within 3 spaces gain +2dmg for 4 turns

Strength of the Scale
    Whenever a friendly Dragon is deployed friendly champions within 3 spaces gain +2def for 4 turns

putoconcarne and Sealer0 like this.
  8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

wtf

claydude5 likes this.
  9. Woffleet

Or maybe the mechanic could work like this:

Rage of the scale:
    When a friendly dragon is within 3 spaces of this champion friendly champions within 3 spaces gain violent

This way you wouldn't have to constantly deploy dragons to receive the benefit.

10. Sealer0

The problem with violent is that it's not very good on average 6 speed beaters.

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Faust likes this.
  12. Sealer0

You could also say, that violent doesn't make them better, or less average.

13. Woffleet

so what should rage of the scale do? give draksars flamestrike rank 1?

14. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

+1 damage when a friendly drakky is attacked for 3 turns

Woffleet likes this.
  15. Woffleet

thats a cool idea

16. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

There are certainly some great ideas and what not in here.

I look forward to seeing it all get ignored and getting seeing Cobra Spitter get range 5-6.

Kampel, Dagda, Sirius and 1 other person like this.
  17. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

You didn't answer this the first time I asked, but should I hold off Myx suggestions for a later patch? I'm seeing a lot of focus on Draksar (which is fine), but you encouraged us to post for any/all themes. I don't want to derail the thread if you're favoring Draksar for the upcoming patch.

18. Sealer0

IMO draksars need redesigns, instead of a racial abillity.

Not every race needs a racial, and even if you give them higher stats conditionally they won't get played unless they are so strong that being boring won't matter (maulers).

19. Woffleet

Are you reffering to my rage of the scale idea? It allows violence to be removed from every draksar and is only ment for key champions. Just to clarify

20. Woffleet

Change it to
    Growing rage:
    Whenever a friendly champion that shares a race with this champion is attacked this champion gains + 1 damage

This abbillity could be given to key draksar units. Perhaps the footman?