ok so next patch time to discuss

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

This is something I looked for, but because it doesn't already exist, I don't think we'd be able to push it through. I would happily support trading Detection for it, though

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

i've wanted it to exist for years but sadly, no luck yet.

3. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

I don't think blood tracker works flavor wise. It should be a "bleed theme" only ability.

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Isn't there already a spell that chills everything?
    Maybe it should be made runnable.

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It's not like they are mutually exclusive...

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Calisk, can you make Ice Shard 30N %20?

7. calisk

keep this in mind, at most I would put through 1 amp related buff, this theme has a potential to cascade quickly so I would not put too many direct buffes to amp through.

with the addition of shaman, and her ability get snap out quicker I'm hesitant to give that theme a heavy handed buff like the one mentioned above.

8. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Just played an interesting bg against Fire amp and the damage potential is much higher. they have both amp and equips like firelight gem. I don't see his suggestion being too over the top.

9. calisk

fire amp bg's are not nearly as versatile as frost bg's, their champs are weaker with less versatility, they have significantly less ranged unit save a few with alt ranged attacks, they don't have howling wind, or gales and they rely on ember wasp power turns which if you can block they tend to be nothing at all.

they are good deck, and the ud faction bonus makes their damage really high, but they are so easy to play around....

Goyo likes this.
  10. KingJad

I was simply talking about the damage potential and their fire spells such as fiery ambush and fireblast and now purefire.

11. affrobong

affrobong Well-Known Member

I really think adding 1-3 range to blizzard would make this unit useable without risking your amp on someone who can only be a frontlines (and thus is very likely to be killed and lose your amp) Its that or you keep him back lines and its basicly a wasted unit that doesnt attack in order to keep your frost, either way I don't like the playstyle of blizzard.

This whole faction with 6 speed and ready thing needs to be fixed too, I feel like I'm playing the most disabled worthless nerfed faction every game I play when my enemy can make it to nora fonts faster then I can purely due to having faster units and me not willing to throw down a ice storm just so i could gain ready on a unit to grab a nora front.

I'd also like to see the shardseer's costs reduced, its pretty unreasonable that she costs 89 and a shardmaster only costs 73, I'm really expected to think theres a 16nora difference for the secure fonts skill that I never use cuz of the 5 turn cooldown? I think nora font should be removed and this 16 nora extra cost removed with it, this would make for a more worth while unit on my deck without me feeling like my champs cost twice what my enemys do yet are still weaker in every way, damage, def, life, speed, generally any other faction is going to have most of their common/uncommons way stronger then this and only cost 55-70nora. Shes really not that strong verse a shardmaster so I really don't see why the nora cost is 16 more with them both maxed. Alternatively I would be okay with her losing 5hps or the 1 dmg bonus she has over the shardseer to see some lower costs on this rune. I'd like to keep the 1 dmg since shes already massively under powered verse other faction for the same nora costs, but I just don't see 5hp and 1dmg being worth having a 89 nora cost rune, it just seems to high to ever really legitimately use.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  12. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

13. KingJad

OK lets do a quick comparison

Shardseer K'aeyun with all her best upgrades she is 89 nora (now lets remove secure fonts(she is now 79 nora)).

Jakei Shardmaster with her best upgrades she is 73 nora** (With her having an upgrade path of vulnerabilities her cost is decreased so if she didn't have an upgrade path and had a different ability in that path she would be 79 nora without even selecting an upgrade(see K'aeyun)).

The champs are pretty close if you look at it this way. Someone could argue K'aeyun is much better having +5 hp and +1 damage and being 79 nora without secure fonts.

** Her best upgrade for path 1 would not be the most expensive, because they are vulnerabilities.

EDIT: Now what you can argue is how ambassador berkchani has both an immunity and a counterattack ability and even with his most expensive upgrades (worth the same amount as K'aeyun's most expensive upgrades) is cheaper than K'aeyun.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  14. calisk

I do hope to do a few minor adjustments to leoss, unlike alot of things in st, they really just a few minor tweaks away from a viable theme.

15. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Thank you, Calisk.

Please change Paragon of Ailur to make him viable as well.

Check out this thread for suggestions: http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads/paragon-of-ailur-proprosed-changed.4675/

But look at his flavor text: "To extinguish a life is to ignore everything our kingdom was built on. Ailur is a nation of peace. We, as its protectors, must always remember this." - Paragon Roshan

Also, I would like to recommend Ward of Ailur as follows:

Here is his flavor text: "The Wards do not belong to a formal warrior caste, but are trained with the same intensity. Wards protect Ailur from behind its walls, using their knowledge of the city to their advantage."

Ward of Ailur needs Defender back. I would like to see one upgrade path as Defender, Motivate, Defensive Strike. This way you can choose to have him help your group defense, personal defense or offense. Upgrade path 2 could be either Immunity: Psychic, Equalize, Impenatrabile or even ranks of Evasive. This would really give him versatility and keep his flavor text true as a Protector of Ailur.

Here's another thread: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/a-critique-of-leoss.4703/

16. affrobong

affrobong Well-Known Member

Crystal Guardian?

Just wondering why its elemental now?

Also wondering why it has a 50% magical resistance as a upgrade when he already has 50% psychic from elemental and he looks like a guy with a shield who is holding it for some reason other then deflecting spells...

I honestly can't see that being all that useful since I'm not seeing alot of pure magical or psychic decks or any frontline units(The ones actually fighting this unit constantly) so I don't see this as a meaningful upgrade when you look at his other upgrade path and you have all really useful things like deflect, block, ice eater and endless devotion (okay last ones not quite as unq). Ice eater is really the only reason to look at this rune for me, so its a shame to see the rune snub'd by having all the worth while upgrades in the same slot, this could easly be cured by giving him ice eater naturally or putting ice eater in the magical resistance upgrade path as a alternative option.

I'd love to even see a different upgrade path from magical resistance? Tough 1-2-3 would be a good option that would feel meaningful on him since his damage is low, he has a shield so you expect him to be MORE tanky then a ice golem, but his cost is higher then a fully upgraded ice golem, that is much more effective since it has physical resistance AND reflection dmg AND frost nova when he dies... it makes the crystal guardian look like his derpy uncle who has to pay to fly in from halfway across the world, only to do half the job.

I would also like to see a nora reduction since a 14 damage frost nova and 50% phsyical resistance with ice eater on the ice golem feels like I'm overpaying for the crystal guardian when I use him since he has such reduced damage, when I could be playing a ice golem that does 10 damage and I get this that goes 7 damage but actually costs more for less of a champion! If he gains the Tough ability I would like to see his costs also reduced to be closet to 68-71 when upgraded with tough 3 if his damage is left at 7, I feel his damage SHOULD be at 7 *IF* hes being used as a tankyer frontlines, but if hes not given tough I would instead like to see him given 2 damage to bring him up to 9 total damage, thats still less then the ice golem but when your fighting things with 2-4 armor its going to make him seem like he actually exists.

TLDR:

Different suggestions to tweak/fix rune:

1)
    Add Tough 1-2-3 to replace Magic resistance 1-2-3 (Already has elemental 50%)

2)
    Add Ice eater to justify the higher cost of this rune since there are so limited of choices, this would open up the upgrade slot for block/deflect so he feels like his shield exists and is more meaningful for the frontlines combat tank role.

3)
    Add +2 damage *OR* +1 def to justify his cost per stats ratio that is horridly low or reduce his costs.

Or shoebox and make a new frontlines ice eater that can actually take a hit or two like ice golem, since yeti zerkers and crystal guardians both cost more and are massively less effective then the ice golems.

I'm aware that frost nova only works when the golem dies, but thats basicly a free (and more powerful) ice storm, that can also heal any ice eaters around them. So verse the ice golem there is really is no other choice for a good frontlines damage absorbing ice eater at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  17. juril

juril New Member

Elemental fortitude does not include magic resistance. Also, the 14 damage frost nova on Ice Golem only triggers on death.

18. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

crystal guardian is a cheap tank , and that is what he is :p
    i must admit to find him rather cool , he resists a major dmg type ( magic) has immunities thx to elemental fortitude , and has block/deflect/ice eater/endless devotion(this on makes him only 68 nora )