PCR5 ~~ next balance patch.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Beat me too it :*(

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I know there is no room in this patch, but what do you think of this change....

Avenging Angel- DMG decreased from 12 to 10. RNG increased from 1 to 1-2. Fearless removed from base. Upgrade Path 1 changed to Divine Favor 2/Divine Favor 3/Scythe Whirl. Upgrade Path 2 changed to Heal Champion 3/Invigorate 2/Punishing Aura.

She would remain mostly a support champ but would have the ability to be a darn decent fighter in her own right (with the right upgrades). Though a very small point, the upgrades would help the dark recolor version would make more sense.

People in the general forums tend to think Scythe Whirl is fine as is so might as well let KF has access to it. :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    scrampy likes this.
  3. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Scythe Whirl is an interesting idea, but the first upgrade path needs another ability while the second should probably lose Punishing Aura. It's another ability KF currently lacks access to and would turn her in an AoE machine. I'd contue running Divine Favor and just use that instead of Scythe Whirl.

scrampy likes this.
  4. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

I was thinking of the same thing for Avenging Angel last night! I actually went one step further and decided that there was no real reason lorewise why she HAS to be a healer and to be honest whatever you do to her she would be a lesser version of a page for Divine favor. What if instead she was made into a cheap beater (Think civilized wilderkin) instead? It would fit more with the whole avenging theme in her name.

My suggestions:
    Suggestion 1
    Base: Attack physical, Scythe Whirl, Flying. 10 damage, 50 hp, 6 speed, 1 def. Range 1-2 This would make her around 66 nora base without the upgrade paths factored in (I have no clue how stats are costed, I figured -2 damage would balance the +6 hp and +1 range would add 5 nora)
    Upgrade Path 1: Aerial Supremacy (7 nora), Impaling Strike (9 nora), Punishing Aura (12 nora)
    Upgrade Path 2: Duel (4 nora), Counter strike 1 (6 nora), Deflect (12 nora)

At her cheapest she will be 77 nora. Her most expensive build leaves her at 90 (deflect and punishing aura are very expensive...). I like the other 2 builds below better but this one could be a solid improvement for her

Anti-Nora gen AA
    You could also make her an anti nora gen champ or support champ depending on your preference
    Base: Attack physical, Scythe whirl, flying, 8 dmg, 50 hp, 6 speed, 1 def, range 1-2. 60 nora base
    Upgrade path 1: Resonance (7 nora), Aerial Supremacy (7 nora), Divine favor 3 (15 nora)
    Path 2: Invigorate 1 (5 nora), Invigorate 2 (11 nora), Magic Aura 2 (4 nora)

I like this suggestion the best as it allows you to use her as a support champ if you want to build her that way or an anti nora gen champ if that is your preference. Anti nora gen AA would run you about 71 nora while support AA will be about 81-86 nora.

Glass Cannon AA
    The Avenger Avenging angel. Glass cannon Suggestion. This angel will go down quick but can also lay down some damage.
    Base: Attack physical, warmonger (4 nora), flying, 10 dmg, 50 hp, 6 speed, 1 def, range 1-2. Defenseless (-7 nora) 51 nora base
    Upgrade 1: Enrage 2 (4 nora), Resonance (7 nora), Deep wounds (8 nora)
    Upgrade 2: Scythewhirl (12 nora), Divine favor 3 (15 nora), rend 3 (9 nora)

This one may be a bit too strong and someone could maybe tone her down but the point of this suggestion was to make her an actual avenger like her name suggests. Very easily one rounded especially to melee and if she gets high damage through warmonger she pays for it for lower defense. At cheapest she would be about 64 nora. Anti nora gen would be about 70. Divine favor left in case someone likes using that on her.

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Interesting perspective on Avenging Angel.
    Delicious, food for thought.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i hope she can keep her healing abilities that is her key role

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Yeah, it's a toss up. Spirit of Endurance could fill her roll of Non expensive DF3 unit. For those new players who cannot afford an Elven Page (which should change when the forgable leges factor comes into play.).

8. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Avenging Angel

Damage 10
    Speed 6
    Range 1-2
    Defense 2
    HP 45

Base: Attack: Physical, Scythe Whirl, Fearless, Flight
    UG1: Heal Champion 3 (9 nora), Invig 2 (11 nora), Diving Favor 3 (15 nora)
    UG2: Whirl of Blades (18 nora), Death Harvest (20 nora)

9. chickenpox2

@Karmavore what do you think about my AA

race: beast spirit

Dmg:10,speed:5, range: 1, def: 1, hp:72

base:
attack: physical ,rend 3 , berserker 2,warding , ethereal being ,horrific aura 3
    upgrade 1: domain vegetation,loyalty,camoflage
    ugrade 2: hibernation, phase cleansing , enlightened 2/cleanse

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'm thinking of something along the lines of warding aswell.
    But I'm going to be tagging him with some sort of sandbag base ability.
    Don't really feel like changing his kit to much, because anything I do
    I'll be ridiculed for.

Just gonna stack the nerf hammer on him

I'm also changing Ethereal Being. Starts play on CD 4 (champion is Non- Incorporeal) then the actual ability has CD2 on use.

This completely eliminates the ability to stack KF support on him and dis-allows his ability to be a huge hassle in the early rounds when he's flying around Firking Bane Shift up.
    He'll be a standard smash Bane Shift in the face rune. Not this mulch-demensional force from hell.

11. chickenpox2

i forgot the stats my changes will be so it only 15 dmg with loyalty and beserker and 7 speed even with unstoppable it will be good.
    I also added horrific aura cause i know without any spell protection he will be easily 1 turned same reason for second pathway cleansing/ hibernation so he can heal back and stop from being obe turned

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Something to consider for sure, I'll see what the guys think.

13. chickenpox2

also for this change he can loose ethereal being and gain ethereal it's not like he can do anything when in ethereal form with low damage
    i want to know if he gets pariah can he get healed by heal champion or healing breath?

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Healing breath, yes. Heal champion, no.

15. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

The issue with this angel is she will be shoeboxed by her cost. She will be at least a 93 nora unit at her cheapest (Heal champion 3 and whirl of blades) while being 100+ with D favor 3 and death harvest. Not exactly the kind of investment you want on a squishy 45 hp unit that will undoubtedly be the target of every player given the threat of whirl of blades and death harvest.

16. chickenpox2

Firstly can we still have df3 and heal champ 3 in different upgrade paths so if people want she still be a supsupport healer

17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

She's not on my list of priorities atm. Not to discourage the discussion. Just letting you know. I've got to show cens some love and get back to fae/garu

18. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

how do i make a cool signature like u guys? i want to be cool too o_O

19. chickenpox2

@chris0024
    goto profile and then go to signature then you can put words or picturea

20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

No guarantees that it'll be cool tho.

DarkJello likes this.