PCR5 ~~ next balance patch.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Oct 16, 2014.

1. pixniri

pixniri I need me some PIE!

The Blade. It will make up for more combinations and maybe even enable a new kind of deck.

Karmavore likes this.
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I really want to change Elite blade, but that'll have to wait till PCR6, or when the new Devs come into play. Which would most likely increase the volume/flow of the PCR's which would be fantastic.
    But for PCR5, I'll have to nerf a few of the outstanding champs in KF and most likely proceed with the Bowmage buff.

3. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

So which runes are going to be changed definitely now?

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Elven Strategist/Elven Bard/Falconer/Bowmage/AA

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Be careful with Elven Bard, I'd imagine there are many ways to shoebox a support champ like her.

scrampy likes this.
  6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'm thinking of switching out serenade for prognostication. Atm.

7. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Uh, Prognostication costs 12 nora and Soothing Serenade only cost 8? Soothing Serenade is range 5, Prognostication is range 4? Soothing activates immediately the other takes 3 turns? It sounds like a good nerf but the nora cost on these abilities are so out of whack or am I missing some advantage to Prognostication?

8. Xirone

Prognostication has a CD of 2 and an AP cost of 0. I was actually thinking it sounded like a buff.
    For example, the Elven Bard could use Charm and Prognostication on the same turn to protect the Elven Bard for 2 rounds, assuming no Cleanse. Once those turns are over, the CD is reset and she is allowed to do it again. With that said, she would still be a risky font defender because of her low HP.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  9. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Ah, that makes more sense now. Still though with a 4 nora increase and need to be in charmed zone for that combo to work, I still see it as a nerf. Of course I run her at 64 nora with charm 1. If this change happened, she would now be 68-72 nora for best build. I guess I would have to see it to understand. I also though AA was an over nerf last time until I started running him again. I am a bad judge of what s good/bad on paper so I will take you at your word.

10. Xirone

To be fair, +4 nora for Prognostication will be noticed on the EB. It may be a good idea after all, though I'm sure Karma will take heat for anything that doesn't shoebox her.

Another thought I had was replacing Soothing Serenade with Tempo + Confuse on base. You'd have to find an upgrade replacement for Tempo but that would be a definite nerf (even though Confuse is quite useful), I think.

Edit: I really wish there were a Charm based version of Frightful Blows, it would be pefect on her.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Isn't that simply Fear?

Not sure whether this is the right change, but I can already imagine Gedden not applying that because Fear is not flavorful.

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Confuse is a nice option aswell. I was just thinking prog for the +4N tacked on. It would take away the ability to lock down units on your power turns, which is where I'm seeing her big issue.
    I'm more or less immune to the hate now, because anything I do that's more lateral than a straight oblivion nerf is looked at me trying to buff KF into the next solar system.

TL:DR Haters gonna hate.

scrampy and Xirone like this.
  13. Xirone

It is a really small point, but what about changing the name of Hawk Attack to Avian Attack, or something like that, since many of the champs with Hawk Attack aren't using hawks.

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

they are hawks it just the poor design in the art

15. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

so what have we decided to do for hawk attack?

16. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Falconer. FALCONer

Xirone likes this.
  17. Xirone

Besides that one which is rather glaring, it is hard to imagine Bliss' friend is anything other than a raven/crow...
    [​IMG]

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Lol @ another example of cickenpox's stupidity.

19. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

From wikipedia:

Falconry is the hunting of wild quarry in its natural state and habitat by means of a trained bird of prey. There are two traditional terms used to describe a person involved in falconry: a falconer flies a falcon; an austringer (German origin) flies a hawk (Accipiter and some buteos and similar) or an eagle (Aquila or similar). In modern falconry the red-tailed hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) and the Harris's hawk are often used. The words "hawking" and "hawker" have become used so much to mean petty traveling traders, that the terms "falconer" and "falconry" now apply to all use of trained birds of prey to catch game.

But by all means, continue to be pedantic on the internet.

Entrepidus and chickenpox2 like this.
  20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME