Please do not disable the old client for PC players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Durand, May 23, 2017.

1. Durand

Durand Active Member

Unfortunately the new client requires at least 3 months of more work to be remotely usable. Keep it in "beta-state" (maybe some small bonus to those people who use the new one and actively report bugs).

So, as the title says.

2. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

What is current status? I just got back from dinner. I can login to the old client but can't launch any campaign, (Daily Skirmish, etc). Dare I try the Steam version again? Will my Heroic Achievement progress be preserved, (16/20 x3 + 10/10)?

3. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

The new client is just HORRIBLE. I can't express how bad it is compared to the old version.

I should NOT have changed to the new client.

Every so often, I will not be able to move my champs at all. I have to force quit to log off, then when I rejoin my game, it opens up this tiny screen that I can barely see anything. Then, I can't even surrender the game. I'm just stuck watching this teeny tiny screen.

Could it be any worse??? I'm really not sure.

Xiven likes this.
  4. haroldkin

Looks like I can't access either the old or the new client at this point. Old client launches but hangs if I click anything. Still no new client on Steam.

I'm keen to see the kinks ironed out of the new client, but please, keep the old client up until then.

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'll try to explain very nicely so you guys can understand:

The old client was a piece of garbage, given by SOE when DOG bought Pox back. It didn't even WORK when they had their hands on it, and it was buggy as hell, and as many players will know it had many, many bugs that could never be fixed.

About the new client yes, it is not what we expect it to be, but it gives us a prospect of having everything that couldn't be done and fixed in the old client, brought to perfection now. Sadly DOG couldn't do it in able time for launch, and honestly I felt it'd be like that. Also, going back to the old client is plain impossible because of the PSN cross-platforming, and all the new coding it involves, which the old client wasn't capable of.

So, now that you have the information, it's up to you to keep b*tching or to understand the situation.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll keep *****ing, thanks.

7. haroldkin

I'm very keen to go to the new client, once it's available to me. Until then, I'd like to have access to the old client.

Old client is back up, btw, and I'm 2 games from completing my Heroics, so quite content.

Durand likes this.
  8. Durand

Durand Active Member

We need access to the old client, as a backup if nothing else. This "Entering Game" BOT-problem is an example of a situation so critical that we need the backup. If it keeps coming back the new client is unusable.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  9. Lushiris

You never *****.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Elric

Just doesn't work at all anymore. Little blue circle just swirls and swirls, but never loads the game. :(

11. Elric

Ok, works now after updating java on my computer.

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

@SPiEkY never *****es, he just likes the posts of those who do.

Etherielin, Durand and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

The old clients chat works so much better then the new one, which is sad, maybe its just 2-3 small annoying things that will be solved and the new client will be as good as the old one.
    I really hope the new client is alot more easier to patch and implement good ideas in.

- chat clears out all the time, pls stop this, make it log somehow so we can always see the last 20,50 or 100 messages
    - its inconsistant with how it works with the focus, or with enter/sending the messages.
    - no more combat spam in global chat pls.
    - visibility when something happends in the other chat windows
    - visibility on how many (PC) users there are on the chat rooms, since PSN cant use chat we dont really need to see that, but would really want to know when guildmembers chat/login/logoff somehow

Durand likes this.
  14. Lushiris

That's true.

15. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I didn't have any issues with the client on the PS4 last night.

16. Durand

Durand Active Member

Haven't run into so serious problems anymore that couldn't have played. Its already better than yesterday.

17. Imba

Imba The King of Potatoes

Let's talk about the hideous resolution.. A good 15% of the screen is cut off.