Post-Revamp Sand Theme

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by fattyy2k, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Why draksar explorer? It's a terrible rune.

I'm not sure about sandhunters, they are pretty bad because most of what they are doing is staying hidden and creating more sand. Maybe run only 1.

Skeez wylder is an interesting choice, although slightly expensive. It's a good candidate for sandstriker though.

I honestly think sandspout is much better than sandstorm, but it might be just me.

Has anyone considered rolling shrieker in a sand bg? With turtle, horrific strike and sonic roar this guy can contest and debuff forever, I think he is really good in a sand deck.

Of course the biggest problem will be that sand decks have no chance against the stronger decks right now, especially since the heroes got so dirt cheap, and some decks have so much internal buffing and synergy (trees, voil. etc)

2. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

The explorer is my detection. Sand hunters are ranged. Wylder is magic damage. Sand storm vs sandspout has always been contested for me. Still cant decide. And yess the nora efficiency of other champs in other factions makes this harder to win. The boot abilities or surge abilities unbalance the game right now because they all will be doing more damage then anything else

3. Sealer0

Even for detection explorer is really bad. You could get a skithmaw hunter or a varu howler for the same purposes, skithmaw is anti-ranged, and howler is dirt cheap and has horrific howl.

I don't know about you but I find 8 dmg hunters to be completely useless. If you look at runes like collosal boa, it has 2 def, tough 3 and collosal, so you will be doing 1-2 damage per hit. And there are more crazy defensive runes like this currently.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It's a great value 1st drop if you follow it up with a Walker. If that your standard for a terrible rune, then 85% of SL champs are trash. 8 spd cappers are a precious ressource you shouldn't underestimate.
    Yeah, no.

5. Sealer0

it's a bad unit with accrue. It has poor hp, average damage (at the current state anything with tough/defence boost will just ignore him) and no other supportive abillities. It cannot do anything apart from capping the first 2 fonts fast. You could put kanen tracker in and be better off in majority of times (those where you dont draw explorer and walker at the same time)

6. borice45

borice45 The King of Potatoes

i really hate how dune walkers lost grant trail. dunes were the centre of all sand bgs and having to pick grant tunnel wit striker is idiotic

7. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

I dont mind choosing between striker amd grant. It makes you choose utility or bruiser. I do miss the grant trail though.

8. Sealer0

5 speed units make for really sloppy bruisers. He can still kind of hit and run with tunnel anyway.