Poxnora Subscription, and Loyalty system.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Sep 10, 2014.

?

Subscription, and Loyalty.

1. Good Idea. I like it, and might subscribe to it.

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Bad Idea. (Post why in the comments if you chose this.)

28 vote(s)
    73.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I know this has been brought up several times. However I would like a go at it.

EDIT: It appears that too many people are complaining, or have worries about my thoughts on a subscription & loyalty program. I made this idea on a spontaneous whim. Of course it's not perfect.

I thought I should make this more clear. I am asking if you would pay for a subscription & loyalty program. The below is just one of MANY possible examples they could install in the future. Think less about the specifics of my post. Think more on the possibility that such a program could bring, and whether or not you would want a program like it.

$4.99-9.99 USD a month. (This is about the price I think it should be.)

For this price. You get:

• 1 Free Pack of your choosing. Once a day, everyday when you log in. Core or Extended.
    • All Avatars.
    • All Campaigns present, and Future.

This in addition to our current Shard/Gold/Cash system will still let free-to-play players still play freely, while allowing the pay-to-play player an addition option to support pox.

This system if it turns out well might end up having a loyalty system.

Loyalty System: If you have been on the Subscription for:
    • 2 months, I have no clue about this reward. As this seem too little of a time to be truly."Loyal."
    • 4 months, you get 5% more gold earned. (5%)
    • 6 months, you get another 5% more gold earned. (10%)
    • 8 months, you get another 5% more gold earned. (15%)
    • 10 months, you will get another 5% more gold earned. (20%)
    • 12 months, In addition to the previous rewards you will also gain access to all the runes -current, and future - from 1 faction of your choosing. This will be non-tradeable, and will be removed from your account if you unsubscribe.
    @Senshu @darklord48 I am especially interested in both of your thoughts. As Senshu is part of the Dev team, and Darklord48 seems to have a sense of economics that is similar to my own knowledge.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Please keep in mind. This is just an idea. However; it is one I hope to see.

Leadrz likes this.
  3. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Putting this in will make most new player to think this is simply pay to win!
    If I chose to pay more, I get all runes for said faction.

When paying cash would net you same thing you could get with in game currency isn't a pay to win.
    This however is not the case, limited (out of print) runes will be useable with this system and in game currency could not made that possible unless insane about of trade.

On a side note:
    I think battlefield 4 have similar system and people see it as EA trying to milk money from that game.
    Sims 4 was potentially going to have this as well, and there are already A LOT of negative feed back even it wasn't a competitive play.

English is not my first language, sorry!

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

For 4.99-9.99 You get 30 packs a month, AND you guarantee the future of pox. As for the pay-to-win comment. That has gone down drastically since SOE. If anything, it is the one thing DOG has done right so far. When I spend money in a F2p game. It is a money-for-time concept. I'm not sure if others are the same.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Personally, I would pay for it but I will say no because most people wouldn't bother.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I don't think a subscription would feel good to newcomers either. Imho boxes should be abandoned aswell; currently the pressure to buy boxes over packs is too damn high. Or at least remove the guaranteed exo, or, another idea of mine, keep track of how many packs someone bought, and give him a random exo of the newest expansion buyable for gold after the tenth.

Grumz and Grillado like this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Speak for your self. Not for other people. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. I am sure they are competent enough to speak their mind. Anyways. I would be glad to hear more of your thoughts. I am trying to find ways to stimulate the Dev teams income. Because without it. This game will slowly die. If not by community. By Funding.

Leadrz likes this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Honestly I never thought of it like that. Seems reasonable. Get rid of the guaranteed exo. Keep the buy-in-bulk discount though?

Leadrz likes this.
  9. Grillado

Grillado I need me some PIE!

It would make a lot of the things easier for sure.
    Money Calculations each month for the devs means better spending of Resources (if enough players do subscribe)
    Additionally on the long run more money would flow in the devs pockets to secure pox' future

On the other hand:
    Its a turn off if you hear of this f2p game and then you hear of monthly subs. (i could imagine)
    Players like myself would feel forced to play because I already payed -> no fun to be forced to play
    More criticism if something goes wrong or no new expansion comes out as subscribers want to get something for their money (all that packs wont be enough)

Its a two sided blade. Makes things easier while it makes other things harder.
    I voted no as it does not fit in my perfect pox world ;)

but nice idea though

10. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

As I said, personally I would pay for it. If nothing else, to support the game.

Where I live from 5 bucks is a pack of cigarettes.

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yeah, I think the discount is low enough to not practically force people to buy boxes, while the guaranteed exo is.

12. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

I guess a Pox Subscription could work, at least in theory, but the one suggested seems very flawed to me.

The choice between Extended and Core is pointless, nobody is going to choose the cheaper one. So for a maximum of 10 bucks you get ~60 bucks back worth in packs. And unless the subscriptions would have a preset duration it wouldn't add any safety to DOGs income. If I spend 10 bucks this month to subscribe and cancel it next month DOG gets a net profit of -50 bucks. Basically the subsciptions would have to sell very very well to be worth it for DOG. And they'd need some sort of minimum duration. Otherwise they could just as well simply cut the prices for packs in half and likely recieve better results from it.

The suggested Loyality System isn't about loyality, it's about sucking more money out of the paying customers. Feeling the need to give somebody 10 bucks just to keep my awesome loyality bonuses even though I maybe don't even want to play the game this month is bad. A real Loyality System would give you things that are actually yours to keep after X amount of time and not temporary bonuses.

Another problem that might occur is that a subscription model goes against the "just one more!" mentality that might maybe be helping the game to bring in money. I don't know about the majority of the playerbase.. but I've already spent more money on PN than I actually wanted on mulitple occasions just because I wanted to open one more booster. Having a subscription that gives me free boosters each day could have a negative effect on that. Basically.. waiting one more day to open the next pack feels a lot more endurable than not opening the next pack at all or in a month whenever I gathered enough gold to buy an extended box. I guess it could also go the way around where you'll be encouraged to spend more money on more boosters after you opened your daily free one. But for some reason I find that to be a lot less likely. Not claiming that I know anything about psychology, it just feels that way to me.

13. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Giving someone access to all runes future and present just for being subscribed for a year? I'm sure D.O.G would not approve of this...

Goyo and KingJad like this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

For 1 faction, and you will have payed Anywhere from $55-120 USD by the time it happens, and you have to keep paying 4.99-9.99 a month to keep them. DOG still makes money.

Leadrz likes this.
  15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'm a little concerned about paying for untradeable runes. It's because I despise the lock next to a rune. Giving future runes and present runes for free is a huge advantage over f2p players. Even if it's limited one faction.

16. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of being able to buy into the game a little but to have everything instantly including anything future released. DoGz lose lots of money on new expansion boxes then. Even if we are resubbing every year we will also be getting about 2-3 expansions each year. Who here only buys 1 box per expansion? No one we buy more, because we want the runes. I buy boxes for ST runes getting all the runes free makes it so I don't have to pay for a single pack all hear while I collect a pack a day for free.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  17. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I would personally go the Scrolls route.

Remove the trading. Bleeerrh.

Make it so your options are:

1. Buy a single random rune from a selected faction for a small amount of gold.

2. Buy a pack for a faction for a slightly discounted amount of gold. This makes it easy to save for, but the frequency that you could buy singles satisfies an itch that packs don't quite manage atm.

3. Remove boxes except for real money. They literally are the time for cash concept and shouldn't be something to save gold for. This is, as pointed out, because you want players spending gold and getting rewards relatively often.

4. Have daily rune sales. These will be single runes. About one per faction available per day. Purchasable for both gold and real money. They will be the least efficient to purchase, but you know exactly what you are getting. These give people a reason to spend real money if they don't have the gold saved but really want the rune. It also gives them a reason to check in every day to see what's on offer.

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Only one problem with that is forgable legs nobody going to pay money even if they got it faster when you can get in-game for free only limited runes might be worth it

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Leadrz likes this.
  20. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Would you buy our product?

I don't know, what is your product?

I don't know, it could be pretty much anything with a price that we didn't decide yet.

Yeah I think I'll go home now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.