Poxnora Subscription?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Mar 1, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just thought I would bring this up again seeing as how I have noticed a couple comments about it. I would love to support Poxnora, but buying boxes is just far to random for me. I think a monthly subscription option would be nice. You would not be forced to take it, but it would be helpful. Maybe we get weekly/monthly token packs or something. I don't know. Just an idea.

The idea is NOT mandatory, and if you want to you can. You get a little side bonus for the extra support to DoG.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Idea list for subscriptions if it happened?

• Ability to craft the Current Expansion runes in the Forge
    • Access to Name Change Tokens
    • Access to the Beta Server. (Seems like to much work to be automated imho.)
    • Bonus Gold
    • Extended Pack Weekly/Monthly
    • Parody Rune Reskins
    • Token Pack Weekly/Monthly
    • Secondary Game Effects (E.G. Different skins for Nora Globes) (These would be client based, so as to not screw with the other person. "Effects that have no purpose confuse players." -Sokolov 2015)
    • Shards Per Day

Possibly a Loyalty system too.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    mw24, Axeraiser and Valkyr like this.
  3. Jyongri

Jyongri New Member

Subscriptions for testing of pre-release new runes which the stats are not finalize and let users sign petition to change it.

Kampel and Tricky1 like this.
  4. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Back in the day Pox was played with a subscription - if I remember correctly there was a 1,3,6 month and a year with each you received a monthly rune and a token -

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Actually if I remember correctly it was a free pack a week, with Banners being mutually exclusive to Subscribers. I am not a fan of unique runes with powerful bonuses being subscriber only. I

6. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Tbh you'd have to give me a lot of rune acces to pay membership, old players have a lot of runes and 1 rune a month is nothing,

Kampel, SaintKiwi and Valkyr like this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Pardon my phrasing, but "Who cares?" This not to get unbelievable benefits. This is purely to support Pox, with the option of possible secondary benefits aside from buying packs every month. The company income has to be fickle at best. (Speculation)

I suggested access to 1 faction in its entirety on the previous thread. It did NOT go over well.

8. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

How about this?:

Make different kinds subscriptions (let's call it "boost" here for now).
    There is one type of "boost" for every Faction, it lasts one month and for that you gain access to all non-Limited, non-Legendary Runes of the Faction
    you chose for that month (i.e. a non-tradeable copy of each Rune).

So, for $ you would gain access to all Runes up to Exotic of one of the Factions for one month.

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

they should have 3/6 month bundle and get 5-10% discount if possible
    cause i live outside US so buying subscription expensive i rather buy single packs

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That's the best part. You still can buy single packs. Your not forced to get a subscription. It is only if you want to.

11. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I don't like the idea of temporarily owning runes.
    However if there was a loot crate kind of subscription then this would have my attention. (And likely wallet)
    Imagine a monthly subscription for 9.99 USD where you get enough tickets for 1 draft, a booster of the newest set and 1 valuable rune. (Recolored LE rune maybe?)

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I like lord of the rings online's f2p/sub model. but don't forget the biggest benefit of doing this... the devs won't have to continuously roll out expansion after expansion and can spend more time on other improvements.

13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Well that's not the worst thing

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@Title: Not a chance of this happening. There is not near enough players who support this type of model and balance out the current spot spending of the whales.

I can post it as many times as you remove it. It's not a derailment. Sorry, you're wrong.

Valkyr likes this.
  15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

This is much better post.

What do you mean there is not enough to support this model? This would be entirely optional. The game would be exactly as it is now, but with the option for those who wish to chose to do so. Ideally there would not be exclusive items that have a drastic effect on game play, and I would not support a subscription of that type. *Cough, Cough Banners. I do not feel that paid only content is, or even would be healthy for the game. This would be only for minor secondary stuff.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's the same freaking post, it just spells it out so that a kindergartner could understand it.

Pixyrus likes this.
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I would still like to get a healthy discussion going on this. It is not mandatory to subscribe. It is just to help DoG.

18. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Why?

20. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

This game doesn't need to be more expensive than it already is. There is one product in pox: the runes. Thats like paying for maps or paying to play pvp. It's also unfair to those that don't have the subscription or players who have purchased runes in the past, but play now.