QoL Changes - What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

So, the revamp will be done soon and they say they want to get as much stuff in as possible before leaving their beta period.

What would you want to see added for quality of life? These should be things that help new players and make the game more intuitive.

A few that have been mentioned by both players and developers:
    - Showing what spells have been cast without needing to refer to the combat log.
    - Showing a units maximum health in the health tooltip.
    - Highlight equipment equips.
    - Better positioning of the chat window. Even better, let the player move it to where they want.

Other things I would like to see:
    - Font boundaries shown (as a line). On by default, can be turned off.
    - Universal ability activation animation to show something is being used (little circle at their feet or whatever)
    - Highlighting the area an AoE spell effects for a few moments after it has been cast.
    - Nora generation from fonts shown (blue text over the font at the start of turn)
    - Better debuff icons. We could use more color if debuffs/buffs had colored highlights/outlines.
    - Make it more obvious whether or not relics are stealthed and animate the reveal the same as champions.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    newsbuff, Joker, Goyo and 3 others like this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I like them all!
    I'll add:
    Cleansable/dispellable conditions specified
    Certain abilities "cloned" as conditions, main example: lumbering, given by many sources, it's a ability but works like a condition many times, either clone it outright as a condition or change the ability to grant the condition.
    Precalculated damage on attacks -> I'm not a calculator, thanks

This may be a bit much, but I'd like a "turn summary" with vital information: amount of nora generated, champions deployed (with cost), spells, relics and equipment played (with cost aswell), fonts captured/contested, and kills. I think is what you really need to know from the combat log and is hard to find sometimes.

Joker, Grillado, Goyo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Fikule

Would love to see indicators for dispel/cleanse on conditions.

I wouldn't mind a calculator, it would inherently need to ignore any hidden effects ofc ^^

- I also wouldn't mind seeing health bars on Relics and Shrines.
    - Maybe a nice little bubble next to health bars that shows charges if the unit has them.
    - The better terrain for vegetation and such has also been mentioned quite a bit.
    - A visual that shows that a unit is summoned (similar to seeing your illusions). Maybe just a light blue "evil aura"? (saw this one somewhere on the forums)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    Kampel likes this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

So far every and all visual improvement i asked were given =P so i don't want to abuse this luck but anyway.. i would like to see:
    -A hole or whatever in the map where an AoE was detonated (it would last 2 turns). This would display the central square where bomb/cones/artillery/any non targeteable AoE ability explodes.
    -Visual displays from the origing of auras (for example if a punishing aura triggers its effect i would like to see the champ responsable for this do something/show somethin) (as little as the animation for triggering "punish")
    -Shrines start smocking too early.. Scrying is too standart to be represented as "breaking your shrine" after a couple uses.. make it start smoching if the HP goes below 60%/50%.
    -Flying animation to stop with its wings down if grounded.
    -Animation display for all conditions (like poison makes you green, diseased gives you flys, charred makes you smocky, scoured makes you..?, chilled makes you..?) im talking about both animations, for having the condition and for taking damage from it.
    -Deflect's animation and icons to not be a shield but a bubble like this:
    [​IMG]
    -Enraged champs to stay red until effect goes off.
    -More death animations (for relics, death by spell, death by fire/acid/elements..) or even a more violent destruction when being killed by a critical hit/assessination/overkill(killed with a huge hit that also shakes the screen).

I will be adding more later

5. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

- When your enemy deploys a stealthed champ, clicking on it's name on the combat log shows you the rune, without it's selected upgrades to mantain the surprise factor.
    - Being able to place more than 1 marker of each type (Avoid, Kill, AoE 1, AoE 2).
    - Being able to put markers when spectating a game.
    - The ability to join multiple lobbys (lobbies?) at a time. For example, I want to keep discussing on ranked chat if i'm spectating a game.

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

love this.
    add relics and champs too if possible.

7. Kampel

-Have a whole different set of markes when spectating a game, this would help commentators to mark possible attacks and strategy.
    -Have a new detection ability, one which is a lesser version of "detection" showing where de champ/trap is with a shadow but u are still unable to recognize what that is until you go melee with that or bomb it. It wouls be like a 6th sence or sonarlike wavething feeling.

8. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Name and Taunt tokens

Elsari swordmage renamed back to Elsari Bladewitch

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Kampel

-Over the shrine at the start of the game and when spectating, show the name of the player with its bg's faction icons, or even add a key that when you press it it shows which unit and shrine belongs to whom. This would improve comentaries even more!
    -Another key that when you hold it, all champs display their rune arts over their heads (like taunts but just the art).

10. Fikule

Some website/data related stuff:

- Keywork search in the rune manager. i.e. Seaching for "Cursed" would show "Cursed Treasure" and "Spark Curse" due to either their names or descriptions.

- Show rune statistics on your website to show what runes are being used most/least, what their most used upgrade choices are, etc. This is interesting for players and valuable information for devs.

Another game one:

- Friend list.

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

There is a friends list in-game (/friends), but it doesn't do anything but act as a mass /who across the whole list.

(for a list of all in-game commands, type /help)

12. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

It's sort of a big and not entirely necessary kind of update but a little higher resolution on the in-game sprites would be cool (I can see the pixellation because I have a large screen).

Not sure if this is exacatly QoL, but... have the tutorial extend out from just in-game. Have it also give you a quick tour of the client interface and maybe have it take you into the in client rune manager and show you exactly how to get starting making your own BG. Maybe to support that you could have the runes for a new BG available to new players (nothing too fancy, non-shardable) and have the new player put those runes into the BG. Also make the tutorial not be divided into "chapters", it should be one seamless experience for a new player.

13. Pheezy

Pheezy The King of Potatoes

I think my biggest issue is that when I am setting up a trade for poxbox with like 50 runes, and I accidentally miss a rune, I can't click on edit and add another rune to the trade, but instead, I have to cancel the trade and re-enter 50 runes.

So if there is an option to add runes when editing a trade, that would be brilliant.
    +1 for this post. ^^

Cheers

14. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

Display a number showing exactly how much nora is in a globe before it is picked up.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

A combat log that works

Authyrtyr likes this.
  16. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

It needs to be
    • resizeable
    • be better organized - organize the contents in a collapseable XML structure that's split into groups based on sections of the turn maybe and then subdivided perhaps by each click the players makes or something. make it easier to identify the part you're looking for and then be able to expand that section and read what you're looking for. at the very least divide by turns and automatically minimize turns that are over or something similar.
    • have better error messages. "Invalid Target" isn't particularly useful when I'm trying to make a bug report about something going wrong.
    • better hyperlinks - 2 parts. 1. Some links won't work (the ones you don't control generally) and that's just misleading and confusing for new players and handicaps against them because they don't know what happened or what you did. 2. If there's something in the combat log that says "Champion X used Magic Bomb 3", it'd be nice to not only get a HUD details page of that champion but also select that champion on the board and for something like an AoE ability it'd be cool if it also showed an outline of the area it hit too.

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My preference for this would be to click on the edge and be able to drag the window to the size I want, just like in Windows/Linux/MacOS. The two fixed sizes just don't suit what I'd like, and I have to imagine others feel the same way. Another nice to have would be an undockable combat log that would open in a separate window from the game client, that way I could put it on my second monitor, completely freeing up the space on the first one for the game.

18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Defo damage calculator.

19. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This is a really nice thread of some really useful features. Introduce more Quality of Life features into Pox Nora is definitely something we are and will continue to do but developing them takes time. We don't want the release of the Revamp to be delayed while we try to get additional features implemented especially because some of these are a lot more complicated to implement then some may think. The major QoL focus of the revamp is of course the Change in the Champion Upgrade Abilities and the overall reduction of ability bloat.

We don't want all of your expectations to exceed the actual scope of the Revamp, but that isn't to say there won't be some other nice additions to Pox Nora.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I can't speak for everyone else, but I believe this is more of a post revamp suggestions list.