Ranger Decks

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Sokolov, Aug 28, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Nerf

2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I think that rangers should be overhauled to enhance and focus on the vegetation subtheme.
    There is SO much design space available to develop that theme into something interesting.

General problems for rangers is they have no alt damages, weak relic/equip interactions, no debuffs or 'in theme' ranger support runes. Several of them have ability bloat, and/or overpriced abilities(instead of cheaper abilities that do the same things)

Elite Blade, Hunters Charm, Seed of Potential, Crown of Kthir, Shield of Thorns are all possible things to be reworked to enhance the theme.

Suggestion- Elite Blade, Remove the mana cost restriction, remove the melee attack, add clause If equipped on a non-hero Ranger or Rogue, it gains 1 rank of multiattack. Maximum benefit of +2damage, +2 defense, +10HP, and multi-attack 1.

Qucas, chris0024 and Etherielin like this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yes, yes, and yes to all of this.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Making Queen Anaru Not garbage would be good. Changing her to attack magic too would also be helpful. and appparently de'lim is a ranger (why?) but yeah have fun with that

Qucas and nepyonisdead like this.
  5. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Queen anaru used to be such a good champ back in the day

It makes me sad to see how far she has fallen

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Like what?

7. Sokolov

Rangers weren't a real thing until recently when I changed a bunch of "race" stuff to be "class" also and released some new rangers with those things in mind. I made this thread to see what people thought of it currently and to see what directions people want it to go in.

I think Rangers is a theme in develop - not something that needs an "overhaul."

8. Sokolov

Ok.

Qucas, Tweek516, Karamasov and 2 others like this.
  9. Sokolov

I am reworking Seed of Potential away from Font Defender. Looking at Forest Front and Nature's Connections. With Nature's Connection also counting Shaman and Rangers (I believe I can cut Treefolk, since they are all Plants anyway, let me know if I am wrong on this).

(Most Druids will become Shaman instead, I am phasing out Druids as a Class.)

Spikewood is getting a buff and becoming a Ranger, will have Unleash/Fury/Frightful Blows as upgrade choices.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Qucas, Gnomes, chris0024 and 3 others like this.
  10. Sokolov

Another thing to keep in mind is that there are Rangers in every faction, so it's not really a "KF" exclusive theme. That said, I'd like KF to become the "heart" of the theme, so to speak.

Qucas and Gnomes like this.
  11. Xirone

Seed of Potential- Equipped champion has Surge: Vegetation (This unit has +1 DMG for every 2 champions occupying Vegetation) and Premonition. This equipment can be dropped as a relic that has Forest Front and Nature's Connections.

Edit: If giving Premonition would be too much on an equip that can be dropped and picked up, maybe Adept Arcanist would fit instead? I like Premonition, though!

12. Sokolov

I think I will leave Seed as it is, as it works well on Spikewood. That said, the above combination could potentially work on Hunter's Charm.

Though I am pretty sure Premonition would need to be recoded to work on equip.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  13. Xirone

[​IMG]
    Queen Anaru
    Race: Beast, Elf | Class: Ranger | Size: Small
    Deck Limit: 1
    Nora Cost: ???

Champion Stats
    DMG: 9 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 1 | HP: 48

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Magical
    Flight
    Reflexes 2
    Swarm: Winged Lerper
    Shred Defense
    Vulnerability: Frost (Depending On How Expensive Swarm: Winger Lerper Is)

Upgrade Path I

Commander
    Battlemaster 3
    Regal Presence

Upgrade Path II
    Escalation
    Surge: Beast
    Surge: Ranger

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    IMAGIRL, Qucas, Tweek516 and 3 others like this.
  14. Xirone

I suggested a slight change because Regeneration 3 on the equip and Nature's Connection on the relic has some overlap. Not a big deal. You're the captain!

15. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Only thing id add would be some sort of vulnerability:X to try and keep the cost down...i dont know how much swarm costs but it must be high.

16. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Thats a great build idea and will make her much better and more in demand :)

17. Xirone

Swarm: Arctic Beast and Swarm: Magma Bunny are 14 Nora so I'd imagine it would be around that price. Pet: Winger Lerper is a lot more than 14 Nora. If for some reason Anaru would end up being super expensive, a vulnerability would be a nice way to go.

18. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Why not Vulnerability: Fire? I remember she had it in the past.

Xirone likes this.
  19. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Played around with a few things and came up with this. There's not much holding it together beyond things like commander and surge. I'd love to see something specific to rangers like Battle Drum or even Bastion of Mobility specific to rangers. There's a fair bit of CC available in rangers, but I'm having a hard time fitting it in and not having things be even more physical heavy since most of the CC seems to be on physical damage champs and a lot of the central theme seems to rely on physical damage champs right now. Main idea I had was to use De'Lim with Purging Flames and Adaptive and see if I could build something around that. I really like what I'm hearing about Spikewood and that could probably find a place pretty easily. I wanted to use Skystorm Spear in here as well, but the Knight clause on it pretty much restricts it from this type of bg.

Ranger BG.JPG

Xirone likes this.
  20. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

I tried out a Elf/Ranger themed deck with Initiative and Reinforce. It was pretty solid. It lacked sufficient Ranger specific equips though. A change to Elite Blade and Hunter's Charm would be nice. Also, a Ranger champ with Manic and one with alt damage would cap nicely.