Returning player needs help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nitebane21, May 6, 2017.

1. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

I haven't played in quite a few years and am considering picking up the game again. I was mainly a colelctor but tragically, a former friend stole all my runes before the SOE switch, then lost access to the email that account was under and couldn't be motivated to fix it. I lost the heart to play as every good theme deck required limited and legends and top tier exos that I once had but now don't.

However, I'm hoping enough time has passed and the game has changed enough where it'll feel "fresh". How different is the game from a few years ago? Should I start with the beta client or the OG one (I noticed beta people can only play against other beta people and I don't want to wait 30min for a game)? Are racial themes like zombies, deep elves, kanen & stitched still a thing?

Lastly, The Ronin is the last set I have any runes of. If anyone has any newer staple runes they'd like to donate it'd be much appreciated!

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

You can get almost all runes just by playing campaign/skirmish games and then use the rune forge, you do also gain gold,tokens by playing the game.
    Dont play the beta, test it and report bugs, but it lacks hotkeys and a few other basic things still.
    Themes are real good and fun, sure Meta and Split/meta is better because of bigger selection of runes.

poxbox.net is still working for trading runes for the one that you cant forge or dont want to because it costs to much shards.

There is no real powergap between a common rune and a legendary rune, sure some abilities are limited to legendary/exotics, and some runes are the core of a theme, but you will see alot of common/uncommon/rares in pvp.

3. nitebane21

Ah yes, poxbox! Great to hear its still going! I noticed playing skirmishes that I'd get runes, sometimes even exos which is pretty cool. I also bought a megabox of the new set and got 5 exos but nothing real exciting. My deep elf bg is still semi-functional and I love some of the new ones! UD finally got some range!

Is there a general time when pvp is active? I was on for most of the afternoon today and there was never more than 30 people in the lobby.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Run 2x grimlics treachery in your deep elf BG please.

5. nitebane21

Running 1 and 2x Superiority right now.

6. demonswish

demonswish New Member

I'm pretty sure I remember you nitebane. I as well just recently returned and have loved playing again due to the forge and single player rewards. Being able to pause and go do other stuff then come back to the game giving me a free lich king for beating an easy campaign is sweet.A campaign I had only started for a quest giving 1500g that asked me to make a deck with a paladin in it. I used to hate IS. Now I love my pally deck and I'm richer for doing it :)

I joined in Grimlics decent and the last expansion I remember/playing was broken shard.
    I am also glad to see other familiar names like Mrbadguy.

7. nitebane21

Yes, I'm not a great player. I tend to "wing it" rather than do maths and strategize. But I did play a bunch of pvp games against a guy with about 10 ridiculous bgs who was nice enough to give me some pointers which helped. Definitely enjoying the forge system although breaking down 1 rune at a time with the 3000 clicks each one takes is brutal!

nepyonisdead likes this.
  8. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

There was a program that assisted in this. I don't remember where it was...

9. nitebane21

I dunno lol. 1st I wanted to try zombies, but they require a lot of limiteds. Then I thought spiders but I'm missing all the exos and most the rares. Same with voil. So I spent the shards I have on a generic decent UD anti-range bg, a deep elf bg and a cheap for-fun UD fire group that skips the fire exos.

Mainly I just wanna get rid of all the commons and uncommons I have more than 2 of and see what I can make out of however many shards I end up with.

10. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Awkward. Dude he's trying to give you a gift, just say one thing you'd like to play.

11. nitebane21

Lol, my bad I missed the subtlety. I'd love a Serkan, he's a FW staple I can't get from grinding skirmishes

12. nitebane21