Selfish Features

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Legato, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I was going to post this in GD, but it comes off fairly personal and mostly as a rant so I think it fits better here:

This is a thread for things we guiltily wish for in the game, knowing that they won't ever, and justly shouldn't ever happen, but that doesn't keep us from enjoying the fantasy!

Today I was in my first full-on-collision car accident. I'm uninjured, but predictably flustered given the situation and sought a way to relax. For some reason I decided to play Pox. I hadn't played in nigh a month but regardless of any and all in-game hiatus this remains my favorite game/something I will continue to support until such is no longer possible. I was excited! I didn't expect to win, I just wanted to have a relaxing and interesting game, just fun! (I know some jaded players may have forgotten this, but this game can be very fun/educational/interesting even especially when you lose!).

Of course my first only* game, was against Zombies.

Now I know some people like them thematically, I get it.
    The play style is appealing to many, I understand that too.

*Why would I want to play after that?

But if there was ever a theme that embodied everything I disliked about the game (excepting bugs, lag & dc issues) this is it. It renders desire for a feature whereby one could queue and be presented with a 'ban' option of no more than two things you just do not feel like facing (You could leave my zombie clickbox perpetually checked).

When I think of the games I played vs zombies over the time I've spent on Pox, I am completely unable to think of a single match where I left feeling like I won, even if that was the case most of the time. I know this is FW's style to begin with, but zombies take it to the extreme, and when you're done you just don't want to do anything(hence my only playing one game). It's frustrating, and completely sucks even the potential of fun out of the game for this Poxer.

Tl;Dr: Wanted to relax. Played vs Zombies, accomplished the opposite, forgot how much I hate playing vs zombies, wish I could never play zombies again ever.

Imperatrix, Boozha, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  2. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

I know how ya feel.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

right in the feels

4. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

surrender and queue for another?

5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I understand

6. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

But trees :(

7. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Im not gonna lie legato , i also stopped playing.... ( 1-2 games every 2-3 days?) right now after revamp its not just zombies that "drain' you

Trees.. ST beasts.... etc.. they all give you the same feeling when you play against whether you win or not

8. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Yes, playing against zombies is sometimes incredibly frustrating and makes you want to stop playing, even if you win. I almost never had fun playing against them, maybe just once when I played minos on Baskitcase map and I split them in half.

For some reason, I'm incredibly bad against SL. Everything SL. Their stuff just doesn't die and my petty imps get stomped with ease. And it's not the losing part that annoys me, I may not even have such a bad win/loss ratio that I think I have, it's the helpless feeling I get when playing against it. I know it's probably my own fault for not knowing how to deal with the faction but if I could, I would never play a match against Saddening Lands.

9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Report the opponent and move on

10. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

oh man.if we could have a ban system like league.....player gets to ban 1 faction or something...... never play vs ST ever again.

Edit: NVM ill just ban whatever tinys playing

11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

zombies..... Eating brains and taking names since 2012

BroWatchThis likes this.
  12. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

It's kay, always remember that sniping a zombie player with another zombie BG and doing nothing but dropping and clicking everything now and again while watching youtube is considered fair and balanced.

Boozha likes this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Beezick.

please

14. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

man I wish these guys were around for old fw attrition games. I have a feeling they would not be complaining.

Sealer0 and Dagda like this.
  15. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Before Tome and Tomb were unique? Mmmh, those were the days. #oldtimescirclejerk