The FS Meta BG I used to get to BM League

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by doubtofbuddha, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

That's part of it. The other part of it is the number of basic attacks you need to have it be worthwhile compared to, for example, Marsh Song (though I grant the Nora comes in faster and that can make a difference). 6 attacks (net gain of 25 nora) over 2 rounds isn't too many, but when it only counts Basic attacks it becomes relatively easy to play around.

2. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Instead of Salaman Negamage you can use Boghoppper Spitter.

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah. Spitter is the next best ranged unit. Kartch is also good of course.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You should try 1 hungry mire instead of 1 monsoon, and you could also try a darkmarsh fury that will give you another DoT type.

6. doubtofbuddha

@GabrielQ
    No. I would absolutely not run Fury in this deck or any non-boghopper deck.

@tesla pasta
    In fact, thinking about it some more, I would replace the range champions with 2 boghopper spitters (the Leap 1 Poison 3 build to keep price down) and the 2 ancients with 2 Tidemasters. That way you still have magic damage ranged attackers and have some great utility from tidal wave. Also why are you running 2 monsoon and tortun land cannon? All of them are pretty bad.

7. R334P3R

R334P3R I need me some PIE!

I really don't think you give enough stock to the current rating system, and considering how off topic it was, it was rather rude. He's not trying to say this is the best deck, or I am the best player, just showing what he mains, and his icon/rating show that it's at least compeitive, and or he is exceptionally skilled.

But I dont want to derail this further if you want to chat or debate about that forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/ranked-problems-again.21745/
    ---
    I think the deck is really solid, if its what got you to where you are that says something, your even pushing that 1500 mark which is where rating really starts to show meaning. I'd love to see more threads like this, I like seeing what decks people actualy main to compete, rather then just theory or help threads (I like those to, but they are much more common.)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  8. tesla pasta

tesla pasta Member

9. doubtofbuddha

Yes they are. Rank 3 dots are overpowered on ranged units, as they allow you to hit a champion once, back up, and watch as it takes 15 points of damage (barring something like cleanse). It also requires less precise play.

I think that is up to you. I tend to like Domain: Water enough that I always end up choosing it over Surge: Boghopper unless I am running pure boghoppers. I Don't think you can go wrong with it if you are running a lot of boghoppers anyway, but I tend to mix things up a lot in my mixed meta bgs. Looking at your specific deck, I think you would be fine with surge: boghopper.

And yeah, that deck looks a lot better than your previous version.

10. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Buddha and I are brothers in arms man. If I give him grief about his Bane Shift stinking to much it really isn't that big of a deal. If you find fault in what I say, then you can take it up with my manager. You can reach him at 246-578-6660
    Tell him Ross sent you.

11. doubtofbuddha

Yeah. I was not offended. SkullInferno is a fellow guildie, and he had a good point. I should have made clear where I was in BM league and why I thought it mattered.

Generally though, I am generally curious about what bgs that people who are 1500+ in rating (or the Top 40 or so) are playing consistently too, as it gives a good idea of what is successful and doing well with as this gives a good idea of what the real metagame is.

Skullferno likes this.
  12. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If your entire ranged line is made of boghoppers there shouldn't be a problem in running a single fury (and proccing violent) and it keeps with the ranged DoT OPness, as you can stack the DoT's on a single unit with less overlaps.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

What about Draksar Psion? With Regen 1 and Magic Attack it's only 74 Nora with good range and Telekinetic Thrust, though no DoT or Leap. I suppose you could go for Shrive if you need a Dispel-ish effect at 76 nora (I've liked the extra Range option and Magic damage though, historically).

Just throwing that out there for consideration as an option though, I haven't used it much recently myself.

14. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

FS got plenty of great ranged options, only reason i personally would choose Psion in a meta/goodstuff deck is for Backlash or specifically for Psychic dmg due to a popular rune being weak against it perhaps.