Treefolk, what needs to be done.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Aug 1, 2014.

1. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just a point, everyone keeps getting adding Camouflage or Domain Vegetation to upgrades; but often, KF units do not occupy vegetation. Can we our Germination Engine to do what all the others seem to do: alter the map surface to vegetation, like how the water or ice generators work? This might help in some way.

2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think you would be better off with a rework to take root and similar synergy that isn't statistical buffs, stacking or not stacking. Role wise Trees need a shift away from all around bamfs with their boosts to compliment KF races and harmonize together.

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Good point but this effects so many things, and even with the current PCR's it's super limited in relation to the things you're suggesting, time is on our side but in hindsight it will take, exactly that. Time.

4. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

Guys what we are all forgetting is that natures balance is possibly the cause for much of the disatisfaction in KF, Sure put a racial that has vuln fire but plonk out willow and boom negated the whole effects. If it was me sure it fits in with the theme but it is just so easy to negate... Just remove it thus increasing the cost on the units.

Take root is good for that game turn around if needed but it can really hinder your game if used incorrectly. Perhaps the issue is that boost treefolk is on ALOT of units... How about we take off some of that boost and then the trees can get some more abilities which would encourage them to b played in decks that aren't only racial.

Willow wind? Does it really need Boost treefolk? Same with treecaller she could get a much nicer ability. If it was to be brought down to 1 or 2 units available to have it this would resolve some issues. I just think at the minute its seen as a BIG racial deck but personally I'd like to see different abilities that don't actually HAVE to work with trees so they can be intergrated into decks better

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I'm not even seeing Willowind in the matches I'm observing. It's all been Flamemage, Patriarch, Launcher, Treecaller, and Grappler.
    She actually runs counter to what the number crunchers seem to be running them for (nora gen via Flame Siphon and fat nora to health ratios).

That said, if Fire Vulnerability went away on the units that don't need cost reductions, then Nature's Balance can go away on Willowind.
    Result: She can get something more interesting, champs will cost what they should, and things that should burn (like Saplings) will burn.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  6. Celestus

I'm not sure if I would like to see it removed completely because it is good against amp decks, eg FS psychic or SL Fire/Acid.

Could there be a rework of the boost abilities instead? I mean its not like treefolk need the health, or beasts need the Damage, perhaps there could be a complete rework of the abilities to actually benefit each race better, eg treefolk has reduced hp or none at all and gains forestwalker instead to benefit from camo or an extra rank of plant regen

7. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Oh, I realize the focus is on adjusting the forerunners, but I'd like to keep these in the hopper:

Dragonbark Protector: Cost to 45. Costs an additional 30 nora whenever the dragon spawns.
    As discussed in another thread, the risk and slow return on a substantial investment is too harsh.

Bogwood Mireoak: Becomes a split rune (FS/KF)

We want to use him, but reducing most of our champions to 5 Speed will simply never be worth it.

Spikewood Abomination: Race Treefolk added
    He's overpriced as it is... at least give him a chance at inclusion by having full access to theme synergy.

Light as a Feather: Cost decreased to 25. Area of Effect increased to 2.

The use of this spell should be endorsed with the removal of the free and convenient version.

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So we are now talking about some buffs to treefolks?
    KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Edit: is there a dislike button?

9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Believe it or not, things that need toning down and things that could use improvement can indeed exist simultaneously.

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Not until the out of line stuff is properly addressed, they shouldnt.

11. Celestus

The issues are that trees/plants either need to be...

High damage: Dryad, Wood Ele, Thirion? etc

HP Tanks, Patriach, Grappler, Deadwood,

Utility, Willow wind, LifeGiver, Treecaller,

and then the all rounders: Oakthumper, Spikewood Abomination, Tanglefoot

However, at the minute theres no definite line, they are all tanks, they are all HUGE damage and all have big utility.

I love playing trees, I always have but right now roles need to be stripped right the way back to basics. Tanks need to be tanks, I think if you took off either shroud or Boost off patty he would be a little more balanced or take off vuln fire to give a boost in cost to equate having these two great abilities. I mean Kthun already has shroud is it needed on both? I also think that Plant regen could just go onto his base and have another set of abilities.

Another solution is to make the greenhouse, boost treefolk/plant 3 and then it wouldn't be a case of just stacking buff ontop of buff ontop of buff. That would mean that boost treefolk as an upgrade on champs would be either not needed or become a secondary pick. This would mean that these champs could then be intergrated into other decks also. I'm not quite sure how slow lumbering trees also need the aditional speed from the greenhouse too? They should be slower tanky trees and high damage fast attacking plants.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  12. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

Been watching a fair bit of games since mine is lacking, as is my motivation.
    Not seeing anyone actually playing trees so I'd say the most recent adjustment was Mission Accomplished for tree haters.
    Taking out the regeneration and rooting and a few of the other changes in concert was pretty effective.

I think the issues could have been dealt with by addressing some boost/def issues and looking at some range and probably get closer to producing a competitive theme that isn't annoying. Pretty sure Pedguerra's comment represents the concensus. No one likes playing against trees, especially after the hamfisted and slow adjustments. I'd be more interested in some attention to fairies, garus and some ranger play. Heck, the rats are more fun than trees IMO.