What runes should be changed..

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by AKHolic, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I can see the point with Gekaal to an extent, he's wizened and as far as I can tell frogs don't get boobs, but for some reason Salaman women have boobs [see: Rook] (I guess because of the long history of amphibious lizards producing milk for their young? [/sarcasm]). Berkchani is obviously in the prime of his life, and also lacks boobages. Even man-boobages. He doesn't even have shapely and feminine legs.

2. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

You forget not all females should have ginormous balloon tits. I thought pox artist might have thought of a tom boy look for the rune. I mistaken.

3. only

only Active Member

Berkchani:
    remove Hunter: Giant and Immunity: Fire from base
    add +1 SPD and second rank of Dodge to base
    new upgrades: Multiattack (1) / Reinforcement (2) / Comboattack: Slam / Commander: Ranger

Skullferno likes this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I did not forget that at all. However, there's a difference between not having "balloon tits" and having no tits at all. Indeed, any feminine features at all. The most "feminine" aspect is his head, and let's face it: It's a salamander/newt face, there's not exactly much in the way of determining gender from the head of most such lizards. It looks basically the same as almost every other salaman as well.

Ah well. It's a bit of a shame that 90% of the time, females in Poxnora (and fantasy art in general) have their distinctive characteristics emphasized in one fashion or another, so I don't blame you for hoping that maybe someone somewhere had decided to buck the trend.

Only: Why CA: Slam? Granted his flavor text is pro-Tortun (and them Tortun's be slamin') but...

Skullferno likes this.
  5. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

Hes not playable at all. Mika is totally playable. Nvm as bruiser or support. Hes not competitive.

6. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

Ahh I agree with Ohmin: hes a friend of the tortuns. Hes was sent to maljara to help the tortuns. Should combo something with them. Besides he have all the stype "I know what im doing, i m not gonna move from this spot, im a bastion"both in art and sprite so that's why I tough of dodge 2 so he would have counter attack: melee and dodge 2 with arrow throw. That might seem a little too much at first look but he would still take a lot of damage, just hit back, something like black hand, so wouldn't be a superchamp at all, only playable on a stylish way.

7. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I've seen him played viably in ranger bgs. He isn't the best and is usually sacked for better runes in the long run. He is viable, if you have the right amount of skill. I can't play him. I am not that skillful yet.

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Minimalistic design: Boghopper mentor
    DMG 10
    SPD 6
    RNG 3-5
    DEF 0
    HP 39
    Abilities:
    Attack magical
    amphibious
    Boost beast 2
    Spellsurge: feeding frenzy
    Upgrades:
    Marsh lessons
    High Tide
    HP rank 3
    DMG rank 3

He can be the beast enabler for FS, both for normal beasts, aquatic beasts and mixed.

Skullferno likes this.
  9. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

rover: high tide.
    normal high tide may be too powerful.

10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Look at salaman rook for a female. All salamans with a protuding snout are male.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

We are talking about pure aquatics here, they need the full high tide.
    I think the theme's early game will work around water veil/high tide compound draws to cap fonts.

12. AmmonReros

marsh lessons really compensates that. and the transition from one water spot to the rover one shouldnt be too hard.

13. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

Solo: evasive for Firk Prophet.

14. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

Deploy poison trap (relic) for Firk Botanist. Hes full of mushrooms with him.

15. AmmonReros

would be op on a unit. Even if he himself, imho, isnt runnable much outside a split with KF plants.

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I think bota would be bad enough to balance that. Being on an unit also makes it rather predictable compared to a relic.

17. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

I agree with Boozha. Ammon if u think that would be too much on a champ you really should be for nerf of privateer.

18. AmmonReros

at lleast the captain is an exo rune

19. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Why? She's already got paralytic feedback, does she need more ranged hate? Plus she never struck me as the Solo: [ability] type to me flavor-wise.

Rarity should not be an excuse for imbalance.

Commons shouldn't be less powerful than Exos or vice versa in a general sense. Rather Rarity (ideally) should be related to "awesomeness", relative complexity, etc.

20. AmmonReros

More abilities usually mean more awesomeness.
    Of course not if you stack all the negative ones but that isnt the case anywhere :p except for Glowing Slider.