What runes should be changed..

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by AKHolic, Mar 9, 2014.

1. only

only Active Member

Salaman Negamage:
    • Resistance: Magical, Immunity: Fire and Vulnerability: Frost removed from base
    • new upgrades: Dispel / Force Barrier / Improve DMG / Swap (3)
    • nora cost to 69 from 73

toolbox for FS, a little bit of initiative for salamans. going with clear design (6 abilities)

Berkchani
    :
    • Hunter: Giant and Immunity: Fire removed from base
    • +1 SPD and another rank of Dodge to base
    • new upgrades: Multiattack (1) / Reinforcement (2) / Comboattack: Slam / Commander: Ranger

upgrades will mean the deck direction. some salaman have ranger so he might be good improver+reinforcer. CA:Slam for various sheningans decks and so.

Salaman Picket

I think this guy could have simply 1 ability on base and that would be Provision. there is only one other chamion with this ability and it's unique on its own considering the faction, the equipment choice and stats. I think it's perfetly fine.

so idea would be to give less bet stronger abilities:

base:
    • Amphibious
    • Attack: Fire
    • Provision
    • Territorial

upgrades:
    • Grant: Fire Trap
    • Relocate: Relic
    • Supercharged (1)
    • Add Charge

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FS doesn't really have much in charges to work with, so picket as a charge battery seems kinda useless. Personally, I'd like him as a cheap runner that blooms into a decent fighter when equipped.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I like your idea for picket, the thing is that fs lacks a tactical manual or forge hammer to equip him with.

4. only

only Active Member

so far the best equipment (designwise) would be/is Poison Dart. I suppose FS really needs some equipment. let's see if there are already existing ones (in case of candidate for buff)...

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Personally, flavor-wise, I kind of like Immunity: Fire as a racial; however from a balance perspective I can see removing it (and most vulnerabilities which were mostly put in to balance out that immunity). Even so for the Nega-Mage, I do think it should keep Resistance: Magical. It is essentially intended to be an anti-mage after all. I suppose acceptable alternative could be Wizard Foe (but class-specific resistances are much less reliable) or Spell Resistance.

Aside from that...

I'm in favor of simplifying the Picket, sure, but I do like Detection on it*. Supercharged/Add Charge could be nice for some things (Darkmarsh Sorcerer/Fury for example or some Tortuns) but it doesn't really feel like it would fit with current Salaman mechanics/champions, and I dislike having Charge mechanics on something that can't directly use it, even if Salaman Charge mechanics get put in later.

*Speaking of Detection, do you have any thoughts on improving the currently abysmal Salaman Sentry?

6. GabrielQ

I wasn't asked, but salaman sentry would be an exellent target for relocate:relic. With that, and recycle, is enough to make a spot in most bgs due to FS set, and if salaman racial is the simple interaction of reducing costs of equips and relics, it will synergie with it as well.
    Personally, I would lose the detection and rename to salaman engineer.

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Are u kidding me fs doesent have much in charges to work with? Salaman rook could thrive off of salaman pickett changes. Darkmarsh sorcerer, tremir, mangleshell, tortun portalmage, seasong, darkmarsh fury. As for salman sentry why not give him Forge and class engineer? Salaman sentry could act as a forge for 3 fs equips: tidemaster bandoleer, poison dart, and swamptouch amulet. Naturally his forge equips would be worthless nora wise. Sal Sentry would synergy with pickett, pickett synergy with charges on rook.

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I forgot about Rook to be honest, she'd also do okay with it sure. None the less, there's not that much to work with within any coherent theme, and half of it is inherently bad even with Add Charge support. Sorcerer and Fury, as I already mentioned, would get the best general use out of it, but Fury doesn't generally lack for charges anyway. Portalmage would also benefit, but not as much since Deploy Charged already provides plenty. Mangleshell would benefit in non-Tort splits, but for the most part there are better Split Hero options anyway, or better targets to put Charges on. No one likes Tremir, and he's even more reliant on Torts being present (which means that Salaman isn't helping nearly as much).

Seasong however is not a solid card except in gimmicky splits, where you have better access to Add Charge via other means (for example, an SL split could use Doctor, UD/FW could use stitched, etc.). Or if you really, really like Aspect of Growth. Regardless, having no "secondary" use in case you don't have those Charge-based champions in play at the time means that those upgrades would be generally useless a relatively large portion of the time, and it's not a strong enough effect for it to be worth it (compared with, say, Relocate: Relic which has even more down-time, but also a much stronger effect). If the abilities were on Base, then sure, it'd be "fine" since you're not choosing between "sometimes useful in a gimmick BG" and "almost always useful regardless." I don't want auto-pick Upgrades, and I don't think Only wants them either.

9. only

only Active Member

I like the idea of Salaman Sentry being given Weapon Forger.

Salaman Sentry (class: engineer)

0 / 6 / 1 / 0 / 39

base:
    Amphibious
    Weapon Forger
    Regeneration (3)
    Reinforcement (2)

upgrades:
    Scry (3)
    Pilfer
    Detection (3)
    Lay Trap: Frost (3)

oh, I re-read that post, you wanted a new ability like FS version of Weapon Forger... not sure then... I mean it's great idea, but new ability for shoebox champions is something I wouldn't hold breath on...

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Yea its a nice dream. Weapon forger on salaman sentry and class engineer. How about that Fire Salaman?
    I was thinking for changes we could do something like this->

Fire Salaman

10/ 6 / 2-4 / 1 / 44

base:
    Amphibious
    Fire Eater
    Flame Nova
    (fire acolyte)
    Flame Strike
    Vulnerability Frost

upgrades:
    flame charge
    flame nova 3
    fester
    amp fire

11. only

only Active Member

dislike Vulner: Frost
    Fester vs Flame Nova doesn't make sense
    I agree that Fire Salaman could also be cleaned.

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Yea lose vuln frost. Change flame nova to fire bomb 3 ?

13. only

only Active Member

I think that Fire Salaman could be Salaman tool to counter Perseverance and deal some so-called non direct damage. I suppose Terraform: Lava and/or Fire Feed works the best here :p

adding Domain: Lava on upgrades might open some FS/UD lava/fire synergies?

Fire Salaman:
    • Vulnerability: Frost removed from base
    • Flame Nova 3 instead of 1 on base
    • new upgrades: Mountaineer / Terraform: Lava (2) / Domain: Lava / Fire Feed

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I like your take on the fire salaman that works great sign me up

15. GabrielQ

I would add that he doesn't need flamestrike, but the changes are really good.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Eh, depending on his new cost, I always thought that Flame Strike was the best part of him.

17. GabrielQ

It's almost the same of his basic attack, a low level firebomb would be nicer IMO

18. Wh1teWo1f

Wh1teWo1f New Member

Hmm Amp Fire would be wonderfull for Sixul.