What to buy first as a new player

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GarretGreen, Jan 14, 2015.

1. GarretGreen

GarretGreen New Member

I just started yesterday and I am racking up some gold with the help of the newbie walkthrough, the question of what i am going to invest it rises. Obviously one of the first things I want is the UD avatar but i would like 30 UD cards first.

So which box should I buy first, core extended ot drum of war?

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Extended imo

3. GarretGreen

GarretGreen New Member

fast one ;). ty

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

A Roger Road coaching session.

5. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Goyo and DarkJello like this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Extended is much better. Save a little longer.

7. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

You might want to get one of the Themed Starter Decks since you will get at playable deck to start out on. There's a UD one as well. Good luck! Have fun :)

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Find Sepulcher's vids on tube. Even outdated I'm sure you could learn about how to play UD. IE, learning not to save sacrifice.

SaintKiwi, Sealer0, DarkJello and 2 others like this.
  9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

To answer the OP's query:

EverythAng!

Much good advice above, except for BP's statement. It was win though.

10. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

Sepulcher is amazing. For tips on how to play and general lessons msg Grunewald in game I can teach you basics as well as advanced. You must have Skype/curse so I won't have to type as much. And my lessons r free

11. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

you can do some pretty easy trading on poxbox if you need to grab some commons or uncommons and switch out other random factions you get in packs.

12. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Moles likes this.
  13. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Here is a place for new players to get ideas on different decks. It has many UD deck types that you can look at for ideas, and some include explanations of strategy.

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/deck-ideas-for-new-players.8975/

14. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

If you're talking about gold, buy extended (not common) and buy boxes (not packs). It takes longer, but you get higher value runes (both on trading sites and in the forge) at a lower price (box ftw).

If you're talking about real currency, you'll want to buy the newest expansion coming out. Keep the runes you like, and trade in the rest using a third-party site (they'll have higher value immediately after the expansion and decline as time goes on). Poxbox is good. Then use those credits to acquire older runes you want.

In terms of timing your purchases, look for specials. You're gold/currency will go further.

Finally, avoiding trading w/ real players until you know the value of runes.

PS: Pick a faction and focus on it to start. Collecting all factions is nice/fun, but takes more time and more resources.

Karamasov likes this.
  15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

also, all of the people most eager to get you to trust them are probably out to get you. reserve your actual judgement, and anything of value, until you get past the "getting to know you" stage of both the game and the players in it.

there is one person outside this rule- i'd feel comfortable trusting KTCAOP with and about most things

Goyo, Qucas, DarkJello and 1 other person like this.
  16. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

If you need some UD runes I'm always happy to help a new player I've got a few extra you can have

Karamasov, sassquatch and Xirone like this.
  17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

come check out UD forums for any questions

I love to talk about UD Bane Shift

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The expansion also comes out in 6 days so you could wait to spend money on that box.

Karamasov likes this.
  19. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

QFT.

3-4 months is a good waiting period, minimum, IMO. I say that because some peeps are dressed as sheep, but are actually a wolf.

20. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Wait for the expansion, buy those boxes. They will be excessively high value in the beginning, and you can trade them off for the other sets.

Gust Gord and DarkJello like this.