Whoever is doing the UD patches, step down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, May 22, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'm talking about the most recent inundation of relocate and then Nefari guardian getting unstoppable.

So you finally put Relocate Demon demon at CD2 where it should have been years ago, but at the same time Max hands it out like candy and other champs are now relocating as well.

Most recently, you reduce the Nefari guardian's access to phys resist from rank 3 to rank 2, which btw, that will almost always have a grand effect of 1 or 2 dmg - which is fine, but then out of no where you add unstopable thereby negating 90% of the ways people get around this hyperefficient bodyguard.

Should we talk about Sheol Monstrosity?

I'm seeing a trend here. It's Firking stupid. Either you don't know what you are doing or you are intentionally skirting nerfs to make sure your Bane Shift is just better in some different way than it was last week before it was nerfed.

I know, I know, I'm the bad guy, I'm mean, etc etc. But I'm also right.

2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

*slow clap*

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

rofl. His ign makes this thread even better. Worth the read, very entertaining.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yo bakkers you seem upset you wanna share your feelings with the group bru?

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Thats what they've said, or as much as said, but the UD changes feel like badgerale had "influence" at the very least. But thats why I didn't address him directly, since I do not have that information and probably won't trust the info I'm given.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Hue Hue, cockcoddlin' ur bros with a deflection troll post?

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

also, has bodyguard been changed from always using the bodyguard's defense when calculating damage taken? or is that wai?

responsedit- not really, i haven't touched the game in a while. i have little idea what it's like or who's doing what by now. i'm asking because i care, babycakes

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Just to be clear, you don't mean that Maxx gives it out more than once right?

spineyftw likes this.
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Nope.

10. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Okay, so I just want to explain exactly my input here:

I didn't have any direct influence on this patch, and the little I did say, the devs pick out the bits they like/can make work - same as with anyone else - and often altered the idea for whatever reason.

Everything I've said about guardian has been in general, not in the PCR forums (I think it was in the old cactaur crate thread, but I forget) - I talked about physical resistance being miscosted, and that he should get an ability to be less streamlined - though I talked about a 4-7-10 cost for res.phys, and tremor for an extra ability.

The only thing in this patch that seems to be my idea was Nefari Ressurection going to deep elf only (in fact it went to elf only, i assume for coding reasons related to the race identifier, or perhaps to encourage splits).

I also suggested a nerf to split personality which wasn't used - making it target the closest friendly rather than target self and last only one attack - which I think would be much better but I can see that an overhaul like this is a lot of work.

Regarding last expansion, the council saw an early version of the runes, we commented on them, then we didn't see what sok was thinking, or what the final runes would look like, until the expansion. I had some contribution to the UD runes, but what comes out is different to anything we see.

Regarding the amount of relocate, none of this was my idea, though in fairness I did see that it was coming (or that it might be coming) and didn't flag it as an issue, and in hindsight i should have seen that it would be.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@badgerale must be one of the coolest guys ive ever seen. Straight up owns up to everything.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yep, this is pretty much it. And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who suggested what. Nothing gets done on Pox without me saying yes basically.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

tyranny

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I never voted for him anyways

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This is Gerald Ford all over again.

Dammit 'murica

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

split personality is strong but i dont think it is as op as people are saying. It is very similiar to righteous deflection, if one needs to be nerfed them both probably need to be nerfed.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's like putting RD on all your champs for 4 turns against one champion.

Balanced, right

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Its like playing vindrax cuz he's OP carry.

Sirius likes this.
  19. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Well. RD blocks every other champ right? I guess in 1v1 situation split personality is better.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

They are both kinda op imo. Maybe they could cost more nora or somthing, idk.

I hope the fire phoenix gets nerfed next patch though.