Why are fairies a total joke now as a theme

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by super71, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

These suggestions may not be perfect but the Fae are doing pretty poorly.

2. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Warden being the closest thing to a frontline fairy, what about something like this:

Conclave Warden
    • Replace Foment with Abash.
    • Remove Ensnare upgrade.
    • Add Book Burn and Battlemaster 3 to the Mental Net upgrade set.

Sun Blossom
    • Add Foment to the Burn upgrade set.
    • +3 HP to base

3. Xirone

@Senshu
    I am sorry to say that, I believe, the Fae are going to need more attention after the new costing formula goes live. Something like Fragile Wings may be the only way to bring their cost down a bit.

Fragile Wings
    This champion has Flight while its HP are above 25% of its MAX HP.

Edit: Of course, Wisp is a Fairy with Flight that doesn't have wings. Maybe the ability should be called Fragile Flight?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  4. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Sounds good to me. :)

Like you said: something has to bring the cost down. They are far too expensive for what they do and for their stats, so hacking their builds to lower their costs won't work. Something about Fae -- on a fundamental level -- has to be adjusted.

5. Xirone

This may be a terrible, terrible, idea but what if Fragile Flight also gave them Fickle? It would certainly bring all their costs down but would a deck of Fickle champs be too problematic? Are there any "better" negative abilities that could be lumped into Fragile Flight?

6. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like the fragile wings idea, but if that doesn't cut it by itself, maybe an ability similar to running start (but the opposite) would work. Either as part of fragile wings, or as a stand-alone ability:

Weary Flight: If this champion did not spend AP on movement, it gains flying for 2 turns.

(It's not great, but it could work. Also the counter would have to reset so that as long as it took breaks, it could maintain the flying attribute)

7. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Perhaps it would be better if it was something like this:
    ____ Flight: If this champion spends AP on movement, it gains Flying and 2 additional ranks of sentry for 2 turns.

That way, they have to keep moving to keep flying. Like a different version of running start.

I would love to see Fairies become viable, I don't play them much, but I love the... Little girls sounds pervy... Hmm...

8. allyorbase

The downside to Fickle is... so harsh. What about something like fickle but with a less severe downside?

Capricious
    At the beginning of its turns, this unit moves randomly to a non-damaging, non-chasm space within 2 of its current location.

So it's like a mostly negative form of Manic (without an attack, of course). Just give that to a few of the more expensive Fae (in addition to Fragile Flight), either as an upgrade choice or as a base.

9. Pathfnder

Too much random.

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why are u all sitting here trying to think up new abilities? Does this game really need more abilities to steer new players away?

11. Pathfnder

Because fairy's have such low stats, they won't be very effiecient with the diminishing returns costing model. They are nearly unplayable at the moment, and will surely be unplayable with upcoming cost patch. Currently there isn't a "negative" ability that would thematically bring their cost down. If there is an existing one that you think would work, by all means, suggest it. Otherwise, the only way would be to come up with a new ability such as "Fragile Wings."

12. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Vulnerable is an option. As far as drawbacks go, it's not all that detrimental.

SireofSuns likes this.
  13. Staxover

Staxover Member

Why not give them Vulnerability: Behemoth?

14. allyorbase

The idea is to combine abilities into Flight. DOG has already done this with Voil, SL dragons, and anything that flies in ST. It's not so unreasonable to request such an adjustment to Fae.

Xirone likes this.
  15. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

So....

RIP Fae?

16. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Rascal Fairy 80+ nora with Shadowstrike now... w.t.f.

17. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

NOW, today, the fairies have come out of the virtual closet as VERY overpriced tarts that CANNOT take it or give it.

Thankfully, a heckton of other KF runes can and will be effective within that thar ranked lobby of battling mayhem.

18. bluestun

bluestun Member

faeries are fine, just cast regulate/treefolks blessing. Some faeries will actually gain damage from it while your opponents much stronger champs become super weak, except you will out speed him, and most likely out range him

19. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

You mean that spell that was supposed to be useful before? And wasn't because of all the little special abilities everyone had? That one?
    Also, did we mention that those are just TWO runes? Meaning that we have yet another theme that only stands on two runes?

Sorry to be so cynical. :p

20. bluestun

bluestun Member

There are plenty of other runes to work with it. The bridge to nowhere will buff the faeries , faerie crown either buffs or debuffs, forment and warbanner makes your faeries not so squishy. Its not a theme that really runs on only 1 or 2 runes, but its there if you try