Would you rather have:

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Grumz, Aug 16, 2014.

?

Would you rather have:

1. +1 AP/Turn - +1 Max AP

5.9%
  2. +2 AP/Turn

82.4%
  3. +2 Max AP

11.8%
  1. Grumz

Grumz The King of Potatoes

Poll on KF Bonus

2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Umm, +2 AP per turn is basically +2 speed. Kind of OP, is it not? Never the less, I voted for that one. :)

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

im pretty sure +2 ap per turn is better than +1 speed

4. Grumz

probably globally yes.
    For certain kind of champions like long range or stealth champs it may be better to store more aps for powerturns, but the inital turns and font mechanics makes ap gain a big advantage.

5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

no matter how u look at it gaining 2 ap at the beginning of a turn is better than +1 speed.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

obviously 2 ap/ turn is better than 1 speed
    i woudn't mind +2 ap max cap but its annoying to high speeds cause they need to acummulate more ap than lower speed to benefit especially if opponent has punish runes
    example
    8 speed need 6 ap to get 14 ap instead of 12
    7 speed rune has 5 ap to get 13 ap instead of 11
    6 speed need 4 ap to get 12 ap instead of 10

7. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

But... +2 ap means they may not be able store the AP.
    ^^

8. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I think the faction bonus shouldn't effect anything over 7 base spd. Simple.

Leadrz likes this.
  9. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

+3 Spd and +5 Max AP would be great :D

Sunutsu likes this.
  10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Would they get a different bonus or nothing at all? Even UD's bonus gives something to those champs that don't get the full +4 DMG.

Sunutsu likes this.
  11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Just the +2ap cap of course. :)

12. Xirone

Well then there would literally be no reason to give a champion in KF 7 SPD. Every champion would be better at 6 SPD because it would be 8 nora cheaper (in FF). If you wanted to nerf a 6 SPD champion you would give it +1 SPD? If this change happened, all KF champions would be 6 SPD (or lower) or, for +16 nora, have 8 SPD.

GabrielQ likes this.
  13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Good point, that was a half baked response on my part. Despite the inability to justify having a 7spd vs a 6spd, we'd be face with the same issue as before KF/X still won't be worth it.

Unless it's a grims mirror cheese bg I see no other reason to split for a higher ap cap..
    Just dosent make sense, and if we where to change the bonus we'd have to have an overhaul for all kf champs considering they're made with bonus in mind.

Xirone likes this.
  14. Xirone

I tried my best to get a bonus change to happen while Gedden was revamping everything but, obviously, it didn't happen. That was probably the best shot for a bonus change in the foreseeable future for, as you mentioned, every champion in KF would need a change.

15. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Remove faction bonuses. Let the runes themselves reflect a factions play-style. Done. Your Welcome.

Woffleet, Sirius and Gorebucket like this.
  16. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

*You're

You're welcome.

Sunutsu likes this.
  17. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Douchebag.

Ballballer, SaintKiwi and KingJad like this.
  18. Celestus

Celestus The King of Potatoes

I agree, why don't we just see what the runes are like without the faction bonus for a little while. I'm pretty sure that it'd highlight just how much KF champs really do have there faction bonus taken into account when creating and costing a rune.

Alot of people are moaning about the instant hitting the ground speed hit of IS and ST too. Why not make the font/shrine bonuses apply when only the warbanner is out?

Or eve go as far as to say your faction bonus is only available/unlocked when the warbanner is out? I mean surely the flag is like a key part to any army??

19. Grumz

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/ever-wondered-which-faction-is-the-slowest.7158/

Actually in this post I evaluated wich faction is the slowest and yes, in average, KF, is the slowest if you take into consideration cost of champions. But the difference between factions is not so huge. The fastest faction (always nora-cost normalized) is SP that is in average 7% faster thank KF.

Code:
    Faction                    Speed       Damage      Hit         minRng      maxRng
    Forsaken Wastes            1.01        1.00        1.00        0.90        1.30
    Underdepths                1.02        1.04        1.01        0.66        1.00
    Sundered Lands             1.03        1.07        1.02        0.77        1.17
    K'thir Forest              1.00        1.01        1.00        1.00        1.51
    Shattered Peaks            1.07        1.03        1.07        0.81        1.19
    Forglar Swamp              1.02        1.06        1.04        0.90        1.35
    Ironfist Stronghold        1.01        1.01        1.07        0.78        1.12
    Savage Tundra              1.01        1.03        1.02        0.77        1.14