Year End Patch

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Gorebucket, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Not that those abilities aren't good, but rather that no theme or deck is going to have enough of them to make vegetation production worth much.

And even in that theoretical veggie deck, Cultivate the Earth is basically free.

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

For slipstream fulcrum: It's a fulcrum, use it as one. If you put it at a place where you would turn a corner, you get 5 ap from it. This trick is handy for suddenly taking a mid font when your opponent can't, when they're not expecting it.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Kind of a lot of odd nerfs with this patch, idk what to think of it on most runes. Sapling for almost 50 nora, was it being abused that much lately ? Life giver without any cleanse options now is kinda just okay as transfer life costs a lot of hp, life giver is now just a range tank with weighty that can't be healed. Great eagle really just needs to become a x1 unit to ever be ran.

I really wish i could see what the prices for runes were before, I don't feel like logging all of them myself though. I'd also really like to see them do more with terrain like abilities, i'd like to see camouflage changed to -3 or -4 damage while in vegetation.

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

5 AP how? It's capped at 3 trigger per champion per turn.

5. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Camouflage...change to tough rank 2 while in vegetation. Adjust nora slightly.

There is tons and tons of counterplay for terrain based abilities. It is OK for it to be a strong ability. Suddenly Verdant Force is a relevant ability.

6. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Oh, ok, I'm blind.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No tough 2 would be overpowered, i like the - damage bonus because it sorta fits with something hiding in the trees or vegetation.

8. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I think +2 defense instead of -2 from ranged would be a pretty fair bump. I mean being camouflaged should give you an advantage even at close quarters.

Like I said I think there is already a ton of meta-worthy counters to it already being used. ST makes tons of snow/ice tiles, IS makes several terrain types, UD throws a lot of lava. FS makes tons of water, etc.

Comparatively, momento gives a global +2 defense to nearly all of KFs champs for 30 nora and it barely sees play at all.

Hunters Charm could easily grant Domain: vegetation, hidden: vegetation, and +2 def version of camouflage. That would total +2 damage, +3 defense, and mobility. But you would have to invest several other runes to generate vegetation, or run forest front etc.

Woodchuck would certainly be one of the best targets for that.