You know if we're to do this costing thing appropriately

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legato, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

It stands to reason that there should be some associated cost to any rune that has more than 1 class or race.

As big a fan as I am of UndeadSpiritVampyres, DemonSpiderElementals and DwarfBarbAngels it doesn't seem equitable to grant them those respective synergies when other runes are walking around with the same stats & cost with race or class: none.

Would probably make the players rethink adding classes to things without reason; all while facilitating more thematic play.

Not sure about you guys but I'd also prefer the game where I could find an Elf, Wizard devoted to Elven Wizardry or a Witch purposed for bonafide Witchcraft rather than a Beast, Plant, Elf Warrior Ranger that barely discerns itself as either of those races or classes.

P.S.
    We really need to redefine what the classes mean.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Imperatrix, IMAGIRL, Markoth and 5 others like this.
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'd facilitate your themes

3. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

But some races have little to no actual mechanical interactions.
    Elemental has ONE SP artifact (it used to have a champ that did the same thing, but not anymore).
    AFAIK, Eye of Serkan is the only thing that currently cares about mutants.
    Only SL cares about dragons.

So a Mutant Elemental Dragon in FS would get nothing special out of the deal.
    Would you also mark up every FW unit, because they are all undead? I hate seeing typeless undead, a la executioner, because it confuses me (if this dead guy isn't a zombie, isn't arcane enough to be a lich, isn't bloodthirsty enough to be a vampire, and has no bones showing... why isn't he a zombie again?)

wonk wonk

4. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Just want to bump this topic and agree with how important your sentiments are for future patches.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It would be massively great if FW wouldn't just be autowin against poison and fear decks indeed. Also vengeful on an unit that thares a race with the whole dumb faction ... sigh

6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I'm more tired of forcing synergy into classes/races with dumb global/big aoe passive bonuses.

Ala boost:anything, commander:your mom, idol of warbanner.

Aka one man bonus party.

Pipster and Boozha like this.
  7. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

Sprayed soda when I read this. Thanks, now I gotta clean my keyboard.

I agree with breaking up the Undead and Demon races -- they can easily just be Zombies, Skeletons or Deep Elves etc -- but I don't think increasing nora costs due to extra races/classes is the answer. If I'm building a Pally deck I don't want to have to pay extra for a rune just because it also has Angel race when that doesn't help my deck's synergy any.

Sirius likes this.
  8. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I wholeheartedly agree. Something like. . .

+1/2/4 Nora for a 2/3/4 Classes
    +1/3/6 Nora for a 2/3/4 Races​

. . .would provide the subtle tap to push certain runes over CD brackets.

If we'd designed this into the system from the start, we could try things like providing discounts/fees for giving abilities to champs with certain classes, but that's entering a level of complexity that is probably too late to even consider.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. . .

9. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I blame Bastion...corpse's franken-deck champ. Make that weirdo a kf/is split hero

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

but the narration is so good

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good thread.

Faust likes this.
  12. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

First of all. If something ressurected it cant be angel and race what it was before.
    Same as undead. All undeads are only undeads. They are not anymore what they have been in past life.

Also Bastion lose barbarian race. Barbarian became class. Bastion gain class barbarian. For the win !!!

Classbarbarian2014!

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

More Beast/BarbPaladinDwarfs plz