How's Poxnora doing post SOE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

So I've pretty much stopped playing the game since the transition from SOE. Not for any particular reason but it just happened to coincide with a particular time of my life where it wasn't really conducive to play anymore. I'm now at a point where I'm considering coming back though but I'm trying to figure out what's been going on since.

Just prior to the takeover by DOG, the transition from SOE was heralded as this great thing that would ultimately allow Poxnora to grow the playerbase due to a number of SOEs perceived management shortfalls and failure to adequately "fund" Poxnora the way it should be due all the other games/consoles it operates (or least it seemed that way to me in the forums at that time).

So, here we are now (what maybe 2years post being taken over?), and I'm wondering what's the status of Pox in general (especially interested in opinions from some of the older players). I see new expansions coming out on a regular basis which I like, and the forums are quite active, but I'm still bothered by the low player numbers when I login which I honestly feel is one of the best indicator of overall game health. Player numbers, in general, are actually lower than the numbers we had prior to leaving SOE which I find to be surprising (SOE consistently had +200 players online usually but I don't see that anymore)

I know the devs are doing great work, and this post is not meaning to take anything away from the great work you guys are doing. I'm just concerned that it doesn't seem like all these great things that were supposed to happen and all the new players were were supposed to get post takeover ever happened and I'm desperately trying to figure out why because I just love this game (and the community) so much and I wanna see it thrive.

Your thoughts?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pox will be releasing on PS4 and PSVita later this year.

3. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Games going in a good direction, lot of positive changes. Low player base still a problem however Pox is being merged on to Ps4 and Ps vita platforms in the next few months I believe so hopefully that should bring in a nice influx of new players

Woffleet likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Pox will also be releasing a player made expansion -hopefully- within the next 30 days. You can see more of the runes suggested for it here.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

Wow, PS4 launch huh?! That's freakin' amazing news and just what it needs! I'm really interested to see how that will work with the controller. Thanks for the update!

6. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

30 days seems a tad optimistic. We still have midterms than likely a month or two before the next expansion.

8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Do you believe that expac will hit us right before the PS4 release?

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'll link you to the quote. Here.

10. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

11. Jon

Jon The King of Potatoes

Wow, pretty amazing stuff going on guys! I love it! Time to re-engage my beloved Pox! Thanks Devs for all your hard work!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  12. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Been playing since 2007 and having more fun than ever. DOG are way better at feeling the emotions of the game than SOE. Several fun themes to mess about with, and many incremental user experience improvements over the years. Still plenty to do though. The new UI might help.

The fundamental issue remains the lack of long term player retention due to the challenging learning curve. Over nine years for me...

13. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Lots of improvements, from rune adquisition, to better NUX, better rune design, better balance direction, etc.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

terrible, fw still sucks and no decent players to play against. other than that its good.

15. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Please just sit down.

Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  16. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Yeah and when is the next player made expansion going to be worked on. Definitely missed out on that.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If we take current rates and extrapolate that it will be about 10 years.

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The math checks out