IS, like wtf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OriginalG1, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Think it depends on the situation. Battle Leader has higher potential but Violent is useful more often.

DonK101st and aseryen like this.
  2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Nah

Tweek516 likes this.
  3. Silfeed

Silfeed I need me some PIE!

pox 2.jpg
    But seriously, I think it's a bit tamer than what it used to be. The healing is still ridiculous though imo.

guokamoli54, Lushiris and OriginalG1 like this.
  4. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Any Torch Players? UD or KF?

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Lol no. That abilities garbage

Fentum, SPiEkY, Tweek516 and 2 others like this.
  6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

That's what I figured lol

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I tried to make Torch work once. It, uh, didn't.

8. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

It's like having a mini Decay spell on a champion. That's a lot of weight to be lugging around for something that only matters with 2-3 factions.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Hurts the healer, not the healed -- worse than Decay, even.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

It was also a pretty high-cost ability at the time, if memory serves.

11. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

IS bonus is useful 100% of the time, all that time you play and dont notice, but Firk all spells were cast against you because its not worth it to do so... its almost like your opponent is playing at 2/3rd deck size with all that wasted space. spells often win games, finish off champs, can be spammed. no spells, ruins peoples chances and strategies. IS being high def high tough your units just dont die and often cant be finished off. you also dont have to worry much about positioning and nasty surprises.

IS bonus is the best.

mw24 likes this.
  12. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

IS Bonus>>>>>>>>>>>>>FW bonus but the IS bonus is the second weakest bonus in the game, but decent enough to be considered a bonus.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

IS bonus is good, but not the best. You're either not building your BG properly by having 10 damage spells or you're overexaggerating.

DonK101st likes this.
  14. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I view IS bonus in a similar light to the FW bonus. The strength of the FW bonus is variable dependent on the deck build of the user for reasons discussed prior. Depending on the user's deck, the FW bonus is either in the top tier, bottom tier, or anywhere in between. The strength of the IS bonus seems variable as well, but dependent on the deck build of the opponent. The spell set for my Mino deck is offensive in a way that depends on straight-up spell damage (there are offensive spells that don't have this dependence and effectively bypass the IS bonus, e.g. Quicken). Half of my spell set is practically useless and the IS bonus does a really good job, even if the IS players doesn't account for a change in play style where I now have to play around certain situations in which I'd normally just cast a Mindstorm or similar to finish off a champ. The spell set for my Salaman deck is nonexistent. The IS bonus is useless in this case. You could argue that running a deck without any spells isn't the norm, but the goal was to pick an extreme case as example. Most decks vary between these two. Depending on the opponent's deck, the IS bonus is either in the top tier (this is arguable even, but I'm drunk and idc atm), bottom tier, or anywhere between but not in a manner that is reliable or consistent for the user.

I'm sure now some genius is going to chime in with examples in which every faction's bonus is variable depending on either the user's deck or opponent's deck. Go ahead loser.

OriginalG1 and 4NIK8 like this.
  15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Well the UD bonus is GOD DAMN USELESS. i run a BG with nothing but passive units and it's absolutely pathetic adds absolutely nothing to my BG, we should change it.

And don't even get me started on the k'thir bonus. wtf is the point of +1 speed when there is an ENTIRE RACE that can't get speed bonuses. Jesus christ how useless can it be, also there's units like k'thun the ancient who can't even move, wtf does he do with +1 speed.

SL bonus is meant to reduce damage but wtf is the point my enemy can just spell spam me to death.... no skill at all

i worked 13 hours today and i' don't have the brainpower to continue this joke.

NevrGonaGivUup, mw24 and Etherielin like this.
  16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the tortun oppression needs to stop, ive had to run tortun ff fs due to the inability to acquire the kf faction bonus and its been a hellish experience. So much shame, so much disappointment, so much fail. Pray for the tortuns, they need an angel to save the them at this point.(basically a miracle...)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    guokamoli54 likes this.
  17. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Idk why people don't understand why -6 damage spell protection is amazing, all the damage spells in your deck pretty much became useless you would probably be wasting nora casting them. Hope you don't see a weaken spells out.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

How many spells do you run? How many champs do you run?

^very basic explanation

guokamoli54 likes this.