[2015-02-04] Meta Usage by Rank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

And here is where our misunderstanding comes from. I agree with your points and am not debunking any of that or making any claims in that regard using the data. KF has champs that need nerf (as do all factions) and a bonus that is toxic even if KF were to have the weakest runes atm (Which they do not!) There have been many high profile players that go beyond your clueless MW who had claimed that KF is filling the top 100 because any exotic league KFer will instantly become limited (and rare become exotic). Mostly in the ranked lobby after a loss to a KF player. If that was the case then these numbers would absolutely show this.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's a sickness, afflicts the ignorant all over the poxworld. Powerpularityitis, thinking that popularity = power.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

All I can say is that KF would be the weakest faction if their bonus got changed, something I would like to avoid.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

KFs bonus is elevating KF players, this is true. Now that other bonuses have been nixed, the KF bonus shines even more. There's no misunderstanding here. Read carefully, veeeerrrryyy carefully:

THIS REPORT DOES NOT HAVE ANY BEARING ON THE POWER OR POSITION OF KF, IT ONLY SHOWS THE POPULARITY OF KF AT A SINGLE POINT IN TIME.

Got that?

Ok, now, we can start another thread where we can have a relevant and on-topic discussion about the power of KF, what needs to change, and who says what about it and why they said it.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Its scrampy, not only he doesnt have a clue on how to play the game, nor post constructively. Ignore him and carry on.
    BTW, which game is that you are playing now?

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Nope.

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Star Wars: The Old Republic. There's a thread in OT, I'll bumpify it.

8. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

I do not understand the basis behind your argument. If it is elevating KF players then wouldn't they at least experience a bump in the top 100? You are claiming how it is a snapshot and I am assuming you believe that KF got the short end of the stick because the snapshot got KF when not many top players were using a KF deck but I would actually say the timing is worse for KF. Players like hOspy and MW who are not normally KFers were playing KF decks at the time this report was released (both are in the top 25).

We are presented with data which is OBJECTIVE and you immediately rush to discount it completely by offering your own biased opinions on balance despite not playing a ranked game since November!

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Make a thread, we'll discuss. Doesn't belong here, this thread is about popularity, not balance or power.

10. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

So Baskitkase being pushed into an early-grave aside I think it's fair to say that Power=/=Popularity. People tend to, despite some notable outrunners, stick to a certain faction within a given time-period mainly because in a game like this with such a wide array of runes it's downright difficult to dip into another faction.

chickenpox2 and Baskitkase like this.
  11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

To a point, well said.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

More false info from scrampy. I have been playing like 5 different factions and my rank hasn't changed much. I just remade kf yesterday after I gave up hope on it being changed in a meaningful way anytime soon.

KF does not fill the top rankings with players because it is not one of the more popular factions. KF players are notorious(because of the strength of the faction) and many don't want to be labeled a kf player, also factions like UD or FW are more appealing to a lot of players and the chart shows this. FW is probably the weakest faction in the game but still has a lot of representation on the chart. UD in my opinion was pretty overpowered before the latest nerfs because of it's new runes but I think the priestess nerf was too much because it is such a central rune to all demon bgs.

13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Guys, don't bother with voron.

Just a troll you're talking to there

Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  14. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

worth stating that Vorian's opinion does not reflect the opinions of the greater SP playerbase

HiveLord, Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Trolling is an art, that's just basic retardation. Big difference, IMO.

Baskitkase likes this.
  16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  17. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Karmavore is top with
    I would hardly retardation if I always get the nerfs right. I would just accuse every1 else who trolls me based on my suggested nerfs, as being slow and needing to catch up. I called Tales of Valor, Warogg etc... Every1 complained about them a few weeks later and they got nerfed. I know why you said this, its because I said you need to go as KFs council member, as you have lead your faction into having its bonus nerfed. I would call that retardation. You even said "I am going to keep buffing KF until it is the strongest faction".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.