A pratical joker welcomes the community!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kimiz, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Hi Pox Community!

My name is Antonio Ynyoffais, originally from Hungary, and I'm proud to introduce myself as your new Lead Developer! Starting from the 1st May 2014.
    I have quite a lot of experience with PoxNora, I have been playing this game for the last 6 years and Sokolov has even asked my opinion in the past about what the Mud Elemental theme was needing in order to become competitive.

My first job as a Lead Developer will be to make sure that the upcoming revamp will meet
    all the expectations of the community. Most of the work was already brilliantly done by Gedden
    and his team but I will be glad to bring my own personal touch to it.
    As you know the purpose of this revamp will be to simplify the gameplay by making champions
    generally less powerful with disctinctive roles.
    On the other hand, we will be giving out some much needed love to relics, spells and equipments.

As a teaser I'm going to talk about some of the upcoming changes, keep in mind that nothing
    in set in stone yet and any feedback is welcome.

- First of all as a popular request we will tone down summons. They will no longer be able to
    deploy relics to contest fonts. (the champions who relied on summons will be of course
    compensated in some way; for example Garu Den Mother will spawn 2 Cubs instead of 1.)

- For the sake of consistency we will remove Charge from the game and replace it with Ride Down
    on any champion who previously had it. The description will also be changed to "this champion travels
    through time and space to target champion with 20 or less hp and destroys it".

- I have been hearing a lot of complaints about UD not having enough nora gen. So we will release
    a new relic which grants Flame Siphon to every UD champion on the field! We believe it will
    be balanced because a champions needs to take damage for it to work, and UD is known to
    not have a lot of disposable champions or a way to make something out of their dying ones.

- Similary as a popular request from ST players who were complaing about how easy it is
    to achieve a 50% amplification of their frost damage, and that any additional deploy of frost amplification is a waste, we are proud to announce that we are removing the 50% cap on amplifications!

- We are aware that Swam is currently a very imbalanced ability, thus we have redesigned
    Voil King's Crypt. From now on it will spawn Mud Elementals.

- We wanted to give FW an alternative to Dead Magic Zone which we believe is currently handled out too easily, so we have deigned a new terrain type: Friendly Chasm!
    Friendly chasm allows friendly champions to freely walk on it, and will only destroy opposing champions who are trying to cross it.

- Vex will be finally redesigned! We want her to become the most threatening large physical
    melee champion SL has at is disposal!
    (As a compensation we will give Divine Wellspring and Deploy Charged 2 to the Myx Matriarch)

- And finally, because everyone loves hippos, Forglar Swamp will get a new kind of Generator;
    let me introduce you to the Piggmy Hippo Generator! (preview in the following thread: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/terrain-change.2521/ )

The least I can say is that we are all very excited and will be looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Boozha likes this.
  2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I vote for making the use of green colored text in all your post a banneable offense unless you are staff.

3. only

only Active Member

Woffleet likes this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

/ban

Woffleet likes this.
  5. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

All I'm hearing from this post is that you want Mud Ele buffed more.

And I agree.

Kimiz likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So is zmoiz the new lead dev now or what?

The post is written confusingly and I'm not sure if he's copied it from somewhere or if he's the new lead dev

Anyhow, 10/10 good troll thread

7. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Am I writing in green or not?
    I would like you to focus on giving feedback and not asking stupid questions.

Sincerely yours.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

De-greened. Lol.

Woffleet likes this.
  9. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Who dares???

10. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Me :p

Goyo, Xinde and Woffleet like this.
  11. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Much Troll
    Very Ignorant
    Such Lameness

12. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

Hi Boss, how are you doing? :) :) :)

Woffleet likes this.
  13. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I do like that a sense of humor is at least tolerated on these forums.

I've been on more than a few game forums that take everything way to seriously. It's nice to see the owls can enjoy jokes like normal human beings..instead of the soulless avatar of humanity that was RadarX for example.

No offense RadarX. =P

Boozha likes this.
  14. Senshu

I have my eye on you o_O

15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Senshu just out-trolled Kimiz by like three orders of magnitude. Way to go :D

16. Senshu

That was the intent :D

17. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

That was cheating.

Administrators have too much power on these forums, I'm going to petition to remove their right to edit thread. <.<

18. Senshu

Petition denied!

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

OBJECTION!

20. Senshu

Objection Overruled