Build a Dev Battlegroup Contest Has Ended & We Have a Winner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Tfguy likes this.
  3. MageAstral

MageAstral The King of Potatoes

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CjBcozcfjCfkcflCkuchdcd6CgjconC8ps19s1qs4@s7Fs2lS2Ls13s8fsOr3Tr20rIe2K

Made it last week and I think its awesome: ST/UD Elemental
    The main trick is to get one of your trail:fire wall girls near someone and gale force both- avg dmg is around 50 with this combo (if crystal howler is around its could be more), or gale with heretic for less.
    Other nice combo is crystal yeti+mandate= 1 charge (with heavy charger) can go to 34 dmg and more if quest is completed.
    Enjoy :)

P.S.
    Can remove the crystallize for blizzard cloak or something

4. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

They are owls... they all look the same... how should I know who's who? :D

5. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cpocwfCktChLCdbCdQCi4Cdmcamcd2s7Ks7@s19s2Ls13s2-S7ur1_rPr30e4e2PeH

Lots of attacks? Dragons? Stupid things?

ST/SL dragons means you're basically running a Skywing deck with access to tailwind, able to produce truly massive amounts of ap. I'm not going to say it is better than straight SL skywings but it is more original and it will be competitive. Anyways, the deck is prettymuch made to pump out huge amounts of ap and damage, rush in with blitz + quicken or even just with normal attacks (skywings hit HARD). Fallback instagib cheese is included for superchamps such as Agitators + Forbidden Fruit (exert 2, multiattack 1 + fruit = kill anything) and Mine Field + Gale Force. Mirror Shield on Prismatic Skywing or Skybreak Dragon is also dumb. Icesnap and the Strig Warlock could be dropped for more detection or a Crystal Phoenix (healing).

Deck Pros:
    • Everything flies.
    • High speed/mobility/damage.
    • Take full advantage of Skybreak Dragon.
    • Runs some owls.
    • Stupid combos.
    Cons:
    • Kind of straight forward in its purpose.
    • May need more detection.
    • Tailwind units are not dragons so reinforce and surge suffer.

6. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Nora Thieves:
    Lots of Multiattack
    Tons of spare Nora
    Bunches of Stealth
    Treefolk Subtheme

The deck works by building up a Nora advantage through various spells and abilities, most of them passive. There is also potential to drain your opponents of nora through Thunder, which, when paired with a Gnarlwood Tanglefoot can clear out their available nora, leaving them unable to save up.

It is weak to Corrupted Nora, but it deals good damage and makes more Nora than most other decks.

My favorite moment with this deck was pretending to position Vashal Ranger and his wolf really badly inside the mid font, so when the enemy grouped up to destroy him and block off the font, he got 65 damage to each of his units because of Nora Artillery. Fun times.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cgPctckqcjYcikcoTc10c4c4ZCkzcjUcafc1Zc5qco9cd1cwnS5Xs_slS7mS5Bs54rHe2we2y
    Crazy combo FS/IS bg:
    Focused a lot on nora assisted kills and some extreme trickery. First of all, this bg can get the most of pgmy hippo stampede, getting the damage output of the hippos to extreme levels with soften, sunder, mark, battlemaster, mirefolk resurgence, boost: beast, warcry and command: charge, tht, with bastion of mobility with facilitate hippo's work a lot and as all of these fit feeding frenzy fishes too, we throw some water gen and one of them, songmaster, terraformer and tide master will gen enough for FF and for a death lily aswell, that can prove to be deadly with the indirect portion of the buffs and with declare target.
    The bg also features a lot of offensive relocation with 3x pull and 2x instill panic, that synegize nicely with stealth champions, but more with sentry with retreat and salaman command with air drop, that can teleport into a font and push a champion towards his death easily. Another feature of the bg are the paralyze/stun/bane blast/soul reaver synergy you can use those debuffs to set up spell powerturns with bane blast or to secure kills with soul reaver to avoid cleansing.
    There is also some components of normal KB module with augur and trapper, to provide even more offensive options and to force your opponent into positional problems under the assumption of poisonous fumes. Summons from houndmaster and tinkerer can help with KB damage too
    The last bit of synergy is the seemingly odd inclusion of tinkerer, that is supposed to be upgraded spell charged 3 and lay trap: fire. This isn't the meta build, but we already have grant aura on inventor so we won't miss it a lot. The purpose of tinkerer and this build is to accrue charges, that will come inevitably with the reliance of the bg on spells, these shouldn't be wasted on summoning crabs, they are to be saved untill the opportunity arises and you have the option of a) stack a ridiculous amount of fire traps on a spot and then relocate/KB a champion in it or b) use invigorate on the horn of order to make a out of scale powerturn

Boozha likes this.
  8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Dibs

9. Uunlifa

Uunlifa New Member

Ok here we go:
    rush in -> constrict -> win
    FS/ect.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CozC8IC48C56CaWCa-Ci_CuhC1gs1s3JS1gR2YR2GR2jR1=

Its a bunch of cheap units that rush in w/chronomancer, drop soulsphere, skywing beacon, draining and cleansing rocks, and then grapple everyone.

except for chronomancer, its all c/uc/rare. No idea if its competitive, but I would totally use it anyways. Enjoy.

10. GabrielQ

Didn't submitted a tortun battlegroup because tortuns are not competitive *cough, buff'em, cough*, but there are plenty on my guide anyways.

11. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CtgC2jCalCoTC4Bca3CfgCfhC8Ys4Bsls7ms4GS43s2ds87rirYe2Ye3ie_

I call this deck "Free meat". Fun to play with, frustrating to play against.

You want to summon Grobles and Crabs to slow your opponent, while you poke them with your Turret Team and Silverclan Protectors. The Catapult launchs your summons to the front lines, Crabs latch onto priority targets to slow them, and harras with auras granted by Silverclan Engineers and Tinkerers.

All this is a preparation for launching your Clockwork swarm onto the front lines, ready to land the killing blow and proc swarm (Landing the KB with auras and manic also procs swarm). Remote control and Strip armor help you setup to land the KB with Clockwork.

Groble Rock Eaters are there for general tankyness, its a total beast contesting an enemy font with resilient, conqueror, and tough 3.
    Lodestone Armory because Improve Speed is really necessary in constructs, and they can give your summons really nice equips.

Strong points:

> Strong ranged poke.
    > Lots of summons to drive your opponent crazy
    > Strong map presence if you put Dwarven Catapult in a good place, it increases a lot your threath range.
    > Almost unbeatable late game (maybe only loses against z0mbies)
    > Strong powerturns with Strip armor + Macadamize/Guard Tower, Catapult and Manic
    > Did I mention LOTS of summons?

Weak points:

> Vulnerable to early rush, mostly if they can achieve an early engineer kill.
    > It can consume a lot of your turn timer at mid game, as you'll probably have lots of units to move around.
    > In small maps you tend to stack your units together, as Catapult are really hard to maneuver, making you vulnerable to AOE spell spam/abilities.
    > Z0mbies will eat your weak units as breakfast, swarming all around.
    > 5 large units that can make your day miserable in certain maps (4 fonts SP for example)

As a final note, although this deck works around summons to wear your opponent down, your important units are Protector and Turret Team. They deal the damage, and will be the biggest threath to your enemy; whitout them your summons can't stand by themselves. Keep them alive as long as you can.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  12. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

You are soooo wrong ...
    They have so much fun and strong stuff.Old kthx tortun deck ( and thats - Privateer Captain ) is still very meta.

13. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

14. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CqwC...wYcaas5Qs1ks6Gsys8fs86sAs82r3Tr20r2Ze1Qe2Ke1j

I found I had to include the renovator. Deep wounds works with auras too. (12 damage per aura, three aura types are included). Intimidating to further annoy. Probably not really competitive, but I had fun with it (changed it a bit to include the renovator). Harpoon to pull champs into threat range and surprise solo deep wounds.

Camaraderie reduces nora cost a bit, but cavernspawn could still use a nora reduction.

15. ninoG

ninoG The King of Potatoes

Here is mine:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C4_cj0caAc5zC9FcuPCo7CyGCivCyFs6Tsds8fS3os86S5Br3Tr20r2ae2wE1o

It's a Fs/UD split based around free attacks (manic) and Tortuns :)

1. Fishkissers and DE Fanatics are the main beaters with manic
    2. Favored are there for the heals and support with nora shield, and can also be used to drown someone if needed ;)
    3. Puppet masters are there for AP generation of your heavy hitters :) oh and they have Mystic push t ocombo with tortun battle mystics
    4. DE Infiltrator, Messenger, Horn of Order, Price of Victory are all to bring all your damage In your opponents face :)
    5. Oh and if manic attacks aren't enough, we got mandate of sheul too boost them, and some Widowmakers for more Free attacks :)
    6. And there is Jyx... because he is a bad ass as it is :)

The rest are some runes filling the holes to make the deck fit competitive play :)

Hope you Enjoy!

16. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

You like wolves/torts/dragons.... you are a man of monsters.... and you want to have fun while being competitive . ( This bg fits most if not all of what you listed , or at least i hope so :) )
    I think i have just the thing for you , packed with enough fun for anyone :D

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/cttcymcyQCyTCyYCi=ciZciGCynciYchDCi0s5Qs1ksas73s5js59S82rPr2feOe1Oe1f

SL/SP: Kanens

Powerful in numbers , and individually solid too
    Kanens abuse the power of getting a free attack off if a pack leader is attacking, and the bg packs some fun spells and combos to win in style

you want to always try and bring out any of the pack leaders as soon as possible..... your strongest late game champion is kiergana with rageband on her... she gains +1 dmg from every unit she hits ( you need a kanen within 2 spaces tho) , including units hit by magic blast

Slaver's whip... use it to possess and cliff units , usually in 1v1s on side fonts but a cliff anywhere is always great :D

Alacrity , draconic bene , transfusion , quicken x2 , whispers x2...... all for surprise power turns out of nowhere.... best part about whispers is once you force a massive engage... drop 1-2 on his strongest champions , and retaliation is futile

the bg also runs x4 cheap sunder units...... x2 kanen lasher + x2 kanen pillager to help you take care of thos pesky high defence units

The dragon claw is to be used on kanen scavanger so he can become a combat and passive threat :D

and vertical push , because why not :D

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  17. GabrielQ

I know a lot about tortuns, and while they are fun and strong, the stats of the meta on the field is simply too much for them, in the moment you don't draw the perfect tortun for the situation, or you can't pull your gimmicks, you lose, just because of the efficiency of the other stuff, and that's not fair. I can reach top 100 still, but in the moment I face a semi-good player the theme fails, it's not fun to win (sometimes) against players worse than you and lose against the more competent one.

JazzMan1221, Rapidice and dsjtheman like this.
  18. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

i like this one... Swap cast on the pets :) And mirror to get you more free meat!!!

19. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c8wCpGC4CjhckIcy+CwQCk7CtocdKs4BS6WskSPS2ts2pR3nr2YrYeM

Beast Clan: Now with 20% more beasts.

1. Divinities Touch on The Displaced's 2nd form gets your it's first form with team back. Anaru will also get her pet lerper back. Blink works the same way but is riskier depending on your position.
    2. Tremor on displaced is a great way to trigger suppressing fire on the centaur.
    3. Foment + warbanner = pretty beefy summoned dogs from the houndmaster.
    4. Savage Beast clan is amazing. Hawk Attack on demand.
    5. To be completely honest you should replace the renovator with alt dmg, but you're an owl so...
    6. Unbending force + divinities touch = lol

20. ARlSTOTLE

ARlSTOTLE The King of Potatoes

Wouldn't this be better with KF Pox Renovators so they benefit from the warbanner. Surely you could alter it slightly to make that change.