Cool Champs that are Inefficient

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 16, 2017.

1. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

But the cost?

Personally I like Death Lily as-is. It is primarily cheap relocate (dragging attack), but also makes a good target for fixed-damage buffs (e.g. commander, loyalty, banner etc.) because of multi-attack 3.

Edit: also MA3 maximises the utility of both dragging attack and other champs with Nature's Connections.

2. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Really? You like but never play him. Come on. He's a 4-speed champ unless in a water-gen theme. His MA3 is not even effective because of his slow speed. He functions more like a MA1 since it takes him that much more AP to get into position proc his attributes.

3. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Ah.. you don't seem to know what I play. In fact, this rune and Firk Botanist would be the two champions I have used the most.

4. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Well, I'm right, and you're wrong, so you stink.

Capitulator likes this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Specifically, this thread was intended to ask about champions that have some unique flavor or kit to them that makes them "cool" but isn't runnable because of some inefficiency in the kit.

It isn't really meant to make champs "efficient" in terms of just making them cost less vs their stats or whatever other definition of efficient.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Hierokliff, Durand and Lushiris like this.
  6. Durand

Durand Active Member

OK, so we should check the abilities and their costs from http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/champs/ (assuming its up to date).
    After going through a bit, I must say most of the champions and most of the costs of different abilities are well balanced and thought (well done).
    I will check some of the champs mentioned in this thread later, but here is one specific ability which doesnt seem right:

Gekaal, The High One is very cool, but its cost 89 (Leap 3 instead of default Leap 2) made me not want to include it after all.
    So, why does it cost so much. Lets check its page http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/champ/1547
    The ability which is unique to Gekaal "Nora Incarnate" seems to cost 25. That ability equals 5 different abilities:
    Burn 1 (3)
    Chill 1 (3)
    Poison 1 (3)
    Jolt 1 (3)
    Scour 1 (3)
    They each cost 3 individually and 5x3=15, so Nora Incarnate should really cost 15 instead of 25 (unless I'm missing something).
    Correcting that, Gekaal would cost 79 instead of 89. And that makes it efficient for me to include it in bg.

PS. "Hero" seems to cost 0 as an "ability", which is nice. All unique champs with deck limit 1 should have that added, if not yet.

7. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

If I'm not mistaken, the reason it costs so much is simply because Nora Incarnate permits Gekaal to have all dots in one package. Perhaps it could use a cost reduction, idk, but it definitely shouldn't be 15 nora because the 5 individual dots add up to 15 nora. The extra 10 nora as it stands now is the cost of the benefit for having all those dots in one ability.

8. Durand

Durand Active Member

Ok, I guess it makes sense. Maybe Nora Incarnate = 20 would be fine.

9. kyzrin

kyzrin The King of Potatoes

You!

Etherielin, Regulate and Dagda like this.
  10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

how you DOIN BABE

Hierokliff, kyzrin and Regulate like this.
  11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

We could have a boring and confusing convo about concepts and word usage, but the launch is tomorrow and I'm too hyped. Buff everything!

12. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Eh gekaal is useable (though I don't use him because I think he's garbage). A cost reduction would be nice however the hate for that rune is on par with pingers (which are also useable but I avoid them because they are garbage) so I don't see buffs to either of them any time soon.

Would be nice to see a change back to firk pinger. Just looking at the stats.

40hp
    ~1-6 range (absolute. Can't back off though he doesn't have to spend ap on attacking so it's a mini trade off).
    16 damage (in the best case, also you only dictate 8 of it)

65 Nora.

The paper stats look fine to me (compare to some of the slower tortuns I guess, mortar/gunbattery ish maybe?) think it was more of a psychological game that this rune was doing so much damage when in reality any ranged unit that is left alone would do similar numbers. It also now gets its damage reduced by things that weren't counted last patch much like other ranged units so perhaps a reversion or a change to ping 1/2/3 to 3/5/7 or something it's sad to see classic champs be non-useable (slider buff please too).

Edit: see example for the hate directly below.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  13. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Lol a serious look at gekaal? I'm choked when I saw the post.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Gekaal is strong. One with nora hinders him however, since her probably benefit more from raw hp.

15. kyzrin

kyzrin The King of Potatoes

I'm good! It's been ages!

16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I feel like Moonlit Fae is there. The easiest way to fix her would be something like this:

Base cost to 70
    Upgrade Line 1: Multiattack 1 (default), Hunter: Illuminated, Starlight
    Upgrade Line 2: Detection 2, Evasive 2 (default), Grant: Illuminate

This streamlines her a bit and gives her some unique toys.

17. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Sarinda- the human witch form one.
    The design is stuck back in the day when witch hour granted vaporize and her upgrades/abilities are kinda meh on a range champion.

Remove Elsari Coven (redundant) and Dark Healing (it's on Maleficia anyway and doesn't stack).

Vorian likes this.
  18. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Plus the cost of Nora incarnate doesn't really matter. As its only on 1 champ, the champ is balanced rather than the ability.

19. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

IMG_0975.PNG

So I think that Golem Form should now grant Rock Defiance finally. Have it start on CD so that it takes some time to be fully consumed by rock. Remove the +1DEF since RD is a pseudo Def stat.

Block removed for a provision ability or possibly a sabotage ability; I personally like abilities that direct deck building like these two.

Defender replaced with Nexus Aura for better synergy with RD?

My Ideal Rock Guardian
    No comment on STATs atm
    Base:
    Golem Form: This unit is Cleansed and gets X Max HP, Rock Defiance, Tough and Slothful.
    Shrine Defender replaced by Create Chasm

U1:
    Cripple replaced by Render
    Ruin leave on U1
    Domain: Rock leave on U1

U2:
    Defender replaced by Geogenesis
    Block replaced by Provision: Utility
    Blockade replaced by Nexus Aura

20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Sarinda is a good poster girl for poxnora. Remove Damage shield magical and any manual cost adjustments and give her something like D'elims mass teleport ability on upgrades. A witch as badass as Sarinda would at least be able to teleport.

aseryen likes this.